ADVERTISEMENT

Local basketball

Feb 16, 2020
I know this is a football forum but just wanted to give a shout out to frankfort high school. Today they beat a very good North Marion team by 20+. North Marion came in ranked 6th in Class AA in WV at 18-2. Frankfort is on a 7 game winning streak at the moment with a record of 16-3. Their only loss to a local team this season was @ hampshire the first game of the season. They get the chance to get some revenge on Tuesday night @ home for senior night. That group of kids are on a nice roll at the moment.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Hampshire 55-54 L
Berkeley springs 65-30 W
Fort hill 70-54 W
Southern 50-48 W
Elkins 56-54 L
Lincoln 54-46 W
Berkeley springs 66-37 W
Grafton 49-47 W
Petersburg 60-30 W
Keyser 56-39 W
Fairmont Senior 46-37 L
Philip Barbour 70-61W
MTN. Ridge 69-52 W
Petersburg 79-33 W
Keyser 50-46 W
ALCO 64-51 W
Moorfield 76-42 W
BW (Burgundy) 66-40 W
North Marion 64-40 W

They have a big one Monday night (tonight) at Southern as well. Southern only has one loss on the year at Coppin Academy and they just played the return game in Oakland and beat them by 30. So tonight may really show the dominant girls team in the area. Southern gets a big advantage as it is a home game . The 6th man will show up large and LOUD . Better get there early for a seat as I’m sure this one will be at capacity.

P.S. Neither Southern or Max Preps lists that Early loss to Frankfort... was that preseason or a tournament game of some sort T Dawson?

Ok I guess I missed it .. local paper just lists Southern as 19-1 after the Coppin loss so not sure why they have omitted the Frankfort loss. I saw the date and thought maybe it was a thanksgiving tournament or something .

P.S. Neither Southern or Max Preps lists that Early loss to Frankfort... was that preseason or a tournament game of some sort T Dawson?
I’m sorry my posts were about frankfort BOYS basketball. The girls best southern last night 66-56. The frankfort girls have improved to 18-1 while the boys are 16-3. Pretty good year all around for frankfort basketball to this point.

Oh.. yes sorry about the confusion... yes Frankfort is having a very good year in both. They have that very strong junior class who have had success all through the years . Kudos to their girls last night on an impressive victory in a hostile environment . Down by 8 going into the 4th they dominate to win by 10 66 to 56. Both teams should be heard from In State tourney this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT