ADVERTISEMENT

Lackey vs Fort Hill predictions

17-6 FH leads at halftime and they receive the second half kickoff to start Q3

I really thought FH was gonna have this one ez. Lackey’s 2 previous losses were to 3 and 4 loss teams. Lackey really showed up in the 2nd half.

Only one play call I had a problem with. We had lead and clock on our side with possession with roughly 6 mins left in 2nd Q. 1st down we tried to pass??? End up getting a big penalty causing a 1st and 31... I feel we could have cemented the win on that drive, even more so if we come out on score with 2nd half possession.

Other than that... holy hell did I think FH’s season was over when Lackey went for 2. Way to get the stop BIG RED!!!

I really thought FH was gonna have this one ez. Lackey’s 2 previous losses were to 3 and 4 loss teams. Lackey really showed up in the 2nd half.

Only one play call I had a problem with. We had lead and clock on our side with possession with roughly 6 mins left in 2nd Q. 1st down we tried to pass??? End up getting a big penalty causing a 1st and 31... I feel we could have cemented the win on that drive, even more so if we come out on score with 2nd half possession.

Other than that... holy hell did I think FH’s season was over when Lackey went for 2. Way to get the stop BIG RED!!!
I thought it was over when Lackey had the chance to win it with a chip shot with 1 sec left.. That kid that blocked it definitely was the player of the game. He blocked a fg, 2 extra points and he stopped the 2pt conversion.. What a player!!!

Reactions: GenSneaky
FH better learn to pass more often. If they would've lost this game, it was on the coaching staff. Once again, they played to not lose. That and Lackey didn't exploit FH's greatest weaknesses - quick slants and curls.

FH better learn to pass more often. If they would've lost this game, it was on the coaching staff. Once again, they played to not lose. That and Lackey didn't exploit FH's greatest weaknesses - quick slants and curls.
I was surprised by the lack of slants too

I thought it was over when Lackey had the chance to win it with a chip shot with 1 sec left.. That kid that blocked it definitely was the player of the game. He blocked a fg, 2 extra points and he stopped the 2pt conversion.. What a player!!!
Also true...

I Agree FH needs to throw the ball.. Have faith in your good QB.. Several times I was hoping they would pass it. They have success with the pass so why they hardly use it is mind boggling..

Reactions: 4R341 and GenSneaky
FH ran more inside reverses tonight than I have seen in 5 years. They were definitely trying to get Powell on the corner. Lackey defended it well.

Lackey did jump into a 6-4 defense (like Allegany did last week)

they may have won but i am with you on putting some heat on the staff win or lose, this playing not to lose crap is getting old.
allowing teams to stay in the game by the conservative approach is sad to watch. you know those kids are like "let us play, have some faith, mix it up"!!!!

I didn't like playing for a FG the 2 times we did it either. Seemed very conservative at the time. One time it cost FH points. How bout that 40 something yarder though? Would've been good from 50+

Reactions: Over the top we go
I didn't like playing for a FG the 2 times we did it either. Seemed very conservative at the time. One time it cost FH points. How bout that 40 something yarder though? Would've been good from 50+
I think we tried 3 field goals all year, all of the sudden we're not trying 3 in a a game. When it's 4th and 5 inside the 10 yard line i'm with you, go for it! #3 showed what he can do by his perfect pass to #21 on the first play of OT, that same play would've worked on the 4th and 5.
Again, this conservative approach may be great if you're playing a team who is all defense and can't move the ball, but that's not Lackey.

Reactions: towpath94
Perryville. 2011. Went for it right before the half. Didnt kick. Failed the 4th down and left 3 points on the field. OT. Loss.

Going for it isn't always the answer.

If you've got a kicker who's money like that, in a tight game? Get the points.

As for complaining about passing, FH has just come off back to back to back multi passing TD games. The late go ahead TD last night was a pass. The winning TD was a pass. Ffs. We've seen more passing TDS in the last few games than we have all season.

Perryville. 2011. Went for it right before the half. Didnt kick. Failed the 4th down and left 3 points on the field. OT. Loss.

Going for it isn't always the answer.

If you've got a kicker who's money like that, in a tight game? Get the points.

As for complaining about passing, FH has just come off back to back to back multi passing TD games. The late go ahead TD last night was a pass. The winning TD was a pass. Ffs. We've seen more passing TDS in the last few games than we have all season.

I think they are meaning to mix up the playbook to keep defenses more honest. Make them rethink 10 in the box all game with a safety back, thus opening up more holes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT