ADVERTISEMENT

Karson Robinette

You failed reading comprehension in school didn't you? The negative comments were started by Lags. There was no negativity or bias in stating that two FH players chose not to participate. Only your twisted logic sees it as such.

Ty was brought up because he was the last area player selected for the big 33. Again, there was no negativity or bias in stating that fact. To state that Robinette was a better all around player than Johnson or Brown is just ridiculous.

I get it. All the red-jackets here believe that the Big 33 guys got on the blower and begged FH players to grace them with their presence, but they declined because of a prior commitment to rotate the tires on Appel's ride.

And for the record: how did Johnson and Brown distinguish themselves on defense in order to be a better 'all around' player than Robinette - given that Robinette is playing the Big 33 as a linebacker.

Incidentally, I believe I read that Karson was choosing military over college. His choice. His life goals. I cannot believe that he wouldn't get numerous offers for college. Maybe playing this game will change his mind.

Last edited:
'All around player' - get it. Hell, Robinette gained more yards in our area at fullback than anybody at any running back position this year. He also scored more touchdowns in one year from the fullback position than Johnson scored to set a new area record. But still, it's 'all around' player - get it. Offense and defense. Somehow all of you miss the fact that Robinette was chosen for the Big 33 as a linebacker.

I am giving my opinion. It doesn't matter that Robinette is 'okay' with sharing the record. He is a class act. Appel could learn a lot from this kid.

To deny that Robinette is one of the best high school football players to have ever played in Cumberland is to show one's bias and stupidity. To have watched Robinette run from the fullback position this year and not to recognize that he was in an 'award' class all his own, also shows one's bias and stupidity.
Not “everyone” missed the fact that he was chosen as a line backer.
When you say something like “robinette is one of the best high school football players to have ever played in Cumberland”. You get defensive and use terms like “bias” and “stupidity” when someone respondes to your post.
Speaking of bias, everything you have posted about forthill in this thread has been in some sort of negative light. Why is that?

Not “everyone” missed the fact that he was chosen as a line backer.
When you say something like “robinette is one of the best high school football players to have ever played in Cumberland”. You get defensive and use terms like “bias” and “stupidity” when someone respondes to your post.
Speaking of bias, everything you have posted about forthill in this thread has been in some sort of negative light. Why is that?

everything you have posted about forthill in this thread has been in some sort of negative light. Why is that?

That's easy. I have no firm allegiance. A few years ago, when the Alco team obviously gave up during a game, I posted that they should assemble the entire school in the gym and have the team apologize to them - yep, I really posted that.

I post exactly what I think and what interests me at the time. I could go on a positive streak... or, in this case, a negative one.

I was starting to get negative about FH's scheduling, but still having a lot of fun with it. Then, this forum went nuts attacking Keyser for dropping FH - combined with Apple's remarks about having to play tougher competition. Finally, Allegany got screwed by the refs right before the playoffs...

So, I haven't had much that has really interested me and what has interested me has been in a negative perspective. Sure, I would like it to change.

I post for myself. Always have. The lower orders and lickspittles pretend to speak for everyone else.

Lickspittles? I doubt there are any of those here on the board, since it's about high school football in a small town and not an org chart at a fortune 500 company.

But thanks for letting everyone know that you post for you and no one else. It's good to clarify that for everyone else on the board who's posting for other people.. or maybe even on behalf of an entire group..............

"my players grades stink"

Refers to Appel's well documented public comments about one of his student athletes. Not his exact words, but he did publicly make negative comments, in an interview, about one of his player's grades. And for me, just like Korn blaming his players for losses, Appel lost my support right there. You don't publicly embarrass your players like that.

Why give an award to a player who lost to Chestnut Ridge and lost to Fort Hill twice

Really? Well shucks, why give any award to any player on a team that schedules patsies for most of the season and then chokes in the championship against a team that their crosstown rival had already beaten. Two can play the bullshit game. I have already posted Robinette's accomplishments in this thread.

I tend to agree with Hansel who, in so many words, said that Robinette is the best all around player he has ever seen. (Referring to high school I'm sure.) Personally, gimme players like Robinette and a coach like Hansel who never dogs his team or his associates and takes full responsibility for everything.

Putting the word 'family' on the uniform pants doesn't make it so when you don't treat the members with respect and confidentiality. (Are we having fun yet?)

So you can offer no proof as to Appel's comment? Saying that " my PLAYER"S grades stink" and then slipping back to say that Todd only referred to one player in the alleged statement....Hummm. I sure Todd in crushed by losing your support.
So losing to Dunbar is equal to losing to CR? Really? If Dunbar played Chestnut Ridge 50 times, who wins?
Yeah, Fort HIll's crosstown rival (Allegany football) did beat Dunbar. Notice I said Allegany football beat Dunbar, not Karson beat Dunbar. Or you so eloquently posted "Karson embarrassed" Dunbar.
What's the bullshit game? I ask you to provide proof of your posts and you didn't. Is that because you can't? People in Cumberland, Md (OK me and possibly smoother people) don't really care about a person who lives in Virginia and bitches about Cumberland topics. Stay in your neck of the woods. You really have nothing to add. Maybe your local newspaper can please you.
You can have a player like Robinette. Guess what....HE'S GONE. Does this mean your ties to Allegany football are also gone? Personally, gimme a program over one player. Is it better to have beaten Dunbar in the regular season or is it more embarrassing to have never beaten your crosstown rivals? Actually, none of the Robinette boys ever beat their crosstown rivals.
Like I posted before...listen to Karson's acceptance speech, he is happy to share the POY award with Poling. If Karson don't have a problem with it.....

'All around player' - get it. Hell, Robinette gained more yards in our area at fullback than anybody at any running back position this year. He also scored more touchdowns in one year from the fullback position than Johnson scored (from anywhere) to set a new area record. But still, it's 'all around' player - get it. Offense and defense. Somehow all of you miss the fact that Robinette was chosen for the Big 33 as a linebacker.

I am giving my opinion. It doesn't matter that Robinette is 'okay' with sharing the record. He is a class act. Appel could learn a lot from this kid.

To deny that Robinette is one of the best high school football players to have ever played in Cumberland is to show one's bias and stupidity. To have watched Robinette run from the fullback position this year and not to recognize that he was in an 'award' class all his own, also shows one's bias and stupidity.
What the FU** is this shit... "in OUR area"... you are in Virginia.

I get it. All the red-jackets here believe that the Big 33 guys got on the blower and begged FH players to grace them with their presence, but they declined because of a prior commitment to rotate the tires on Appel's ride.

And for the record: how did Johnson and Brown distinguish themselves on defense in order to be a better 'all around' player than Robinette - given that Robinette is playing the Big 33 as a linebacker.

Incidentally, I believe I read that Karson was choosing military over college. His choice. His life goals. I cannot believe that he wouldn't get numerous offers for college. Maybe playing this game will change his mind.

You really don't have a clue do you?

I have a question and I may be wrong but don't you get an invitation to try out for the Big 33 team? Just because you were invited does that include a roster spot? Also did Brown try out a couple of years ago and not make it?

everything you have posted about forthill in this thread has been in some sort of negative light. Why is that?

That's easy. I have no firm allegiance. A few years ago, when the Alco team obviously gave up during a game, I posted that they should assemble the entire school in the gym and have the team apologize to them - yep, I really posted that.

I post exactly what I think and what interests me at the time. I could go on a positive streak... or, in this case, a negative one.

I was starting to get negative about FH's scheduling, but still having a lot of fun with it. Then, this forum went nuts attacking Keyser for dropping FH - combined with Apple's remarks about having to play tougher competition. Finally, Allegany got screwed by the refs right before the playoffs...

So, I haven't had much that has really interested me and what has interested me has been in a negative perspective. Sure, I would like it to change.
I know you had said that they were screwed in the playoff game. When and how were they screwed before the playoffs?

So you can offer no proof as to Appel's comment? Saying that " my PLAYER"S grades stink" and then slipping back to say that Todd only referred to one player in the alleged statement....Hummm. I sure Todd in crushed by losing your support.
So losing to Dunbar is equal to losing to CR? Really? If Dunbar played Chestnut Ridge 50 times, who wins?
Yeah, Fort HIll's crosstown rival (Allegany football) did beat Dunbar. Notice I said Allegany football beat Dunbar, not Karson beat Dunbar. Or you so eloquently posted "Karson embarrassed" Dunbar.
What's the bullshit game? I ask you to provide proof of your posts and you didn't. Is that because you can't? People in Cumberland, Md (OK me and possibly smoother people) don't really care about a person who lives in Virginia and bitches about Cumberland topics. Stay in your neck of the woods. You really have nothing to add. Maybe your local newspaper can please you.
You can have a player like Robinette. Guess what....HE'S GONE. Does this mean your ties to Allegany football are also gone? Personally, gimme a program over one player. Is it better to have beaten Dunbar in the regular season or is it more embarrassing to have never beaten your crosstown rivals? Actually, none of the Robinette boys ever beat their crosstown rivals.
Like I posted before...listen to Karson's acceptance speech, he is happy to share the POY award with Poling. If Karson don't have a problem with it.....

So you can offer no proof as to Appel's comment?

You appear to be the only one in this forum that did not hear Appel's interview at the championship game. It has been documented in this forum and thoroughly discussed in a thread here. There were a few red-jackets that actually had issues with his comments. Appel was asked to comment about how well a certain athlete was playing... not going to mention names... but Appel basically turned the interview into discussing the failure of the player to keep his grades up.

The rest of your shit. Cool. Your opinion. I will go to whatever games I want and post whatever opinions I want. They are mine and only mine... agree, disagree or don't read them at all. I don't care. Furthermore, I don't post like the imbecilic who claim to speak for others and/or attempt to tell others what to do. I encourage you to do the same.

I know you had said that they were screwed in the playoff game. When and how were they screwed before the playoffs?

Actually, it wasn't a playoff game. It was Southern. The entire team left the bench - and justifiably in my opinion. Several players were randomly picked and forced to sit out the game against FH. It was when I posted I was taking leave for a while.

Last edited:
You really don't have a clue do you?

Not much of a response to my hyperbole. Or, do you want to add to my lack of knowledge about Robinette's choice of going military. In that case, yes, I am clueless and pretty much think that for this forum his personal choices are his personal choices. So, what exactly are you referring to?

The entire team left the bench - and justifiably in my opinion. Several players were randomly picked and forced to sit out the playoff game against FH. Surprised you forgot. The issue was thoroughly discussed in this forum. It was when I posted I was taking leave for a while.
I didn’t forget, thought you may have had another time pop into your head.

What the FU** is this shit... "in OUR area"... you are in Virginia.

As an Alco grad, in the context of a WMD forum, my term is appropriate. Most assuredly, my contextual usage is better than your guess that I live in Virginia.

Well, I guess this thread is better than talking about basketball, but Lag should really get his BP checked....good grief.

I guess good BP doesn't necessarily translate to good commentary....since the FH schedule is set and will be released soon, you'll have ample opportunity to be Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. Good luck.

Virginia? I think Lags is a Harford County/Bel Air Area Guy...not that it matters, but in the interest of being accurate.

Actually, it wasn't a playoff game. It was Southern. The entire team left the bench - and justifiably in my opinion. Several players were randomly picked and forced to sit out the game against FH. It was when I posted I was taking leave for a while.

Can you take another leave? Say, maybe, for the next 10 years...

No, I did not hear the "player grade" comment. Can you please post a link to it? With youtube, my tube, your tube, cell phones, facebook, Skype, snap chat, quick chat, slow chat, etc....Todd's comment has to be out there somewhere. Can anybody possibly post a link if Lagmeister can't produce it?

"Several players were randomly picked and forced to sit out"...there were 3 Allegany players that sat out. Three's a crowd, not several.

I guess good BP doesn't necessarily translate to good commentary....since the FH schedule is set and will be released soon, you'll have ample opportunity to be Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. Good luck.

I have had outstanding luck overall. But thanks for wishing me well.

No, I did not hear the "player grade" comment. Can you please post a link to it? With youtube, my tube, your tube, cell phones, facebook, Skype, snap chat, quick chat, slow chat, etc....Todd's comment has to be out there somewhere. Can anybody possibly post a link if Lagmeister can't produce it?

"Several players were randomly picked and forced to sit out"...there were 3 Allegany players that sat out. Three's a crowd, not several.

Your red-jacket buds can verify Appel commenting on a player's grades. Why in the hell would it be on Facebook or something like YouTube? Maybe the thread got deleted. Either your buddies will admit to it or not. Frankly, I don't care.

"Several is used to refer to an imprecise number of people or things that is not large but is greater than two." =https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/several

Bad commentary being good luck? Priceless.....

Bad commentary being good luck? Priceless

Oh goodie! Just when I thought the thread was going to die we suddenly have a new forum linguistical demigod. So ugh... show us some of your quality juxtaposition of phrase. I hope you're not one of those minor deities that simply passes judgment.

Are you the Oscar Wilde type? Or do you drift toward ballsy Hemingway? My guess is that with a forum name like PowerRamRight you vary not an angstrom from the three beer slobber style.

Anyhow, pen forth. I have a history of acknowledging my betters.

Congrats to Karson on being selected for the Big 33 game. It is a very prestigious honor befitting this young man. If there was ever a player who demonstrated what the term "beast-mode" described Karson fit that mold. Honestly, when I think back to the last 4 or so years...watching all the Robinette brothers playing for Alco was such a treat. Many a times I could sit by myself eating pizza and drinking Coke (or Pepsi depending on which one had the stadium contract) just watching these boys play under the lights of Greenway...well, life is good sometimes.

I have had the pleasure of getting to know this family to some degree. Had the dubious task of trying to block the father Kirk Sr. back in the 1984 season. This family knows football. It's in the genes. They could play today or 50 years ago and be the best on the field. All of them had the same hard hitting, give everything you have mentality.

Allegany fans and really all of Cumberland should say thank you. Best of luck in all you do Karson! Thank you for the memories and your efforts.

Not much of a response to my hyperbole. Or, do you want to add to my lack of knowledge about Robinette's choice of going military. In that case, yes, I am clueless and pretty much think that for this forum his personal choices are his personal choices. So, what exactly are you referring to?

"And for the record: how did Johnson and Brown distinguish themselves on defense"

Lot of nice comments, some not as nice as others. To all the young men and women who received awards, regardless of the color of jerseys they wear, congrats! Some of us wish you all well at the next level, be it military, college or to enter the work world. Myself, I'm limited on the understanding of how all this high-tech computer stuff works, pretty impressed with it. However, I do understand life and basically how it works. You set a goal and do your best to reach that goal, if you don't reach it , you continue to do the best you can, regardless of the outcome so on and so forth. "However", I'm only human, and just like the rest of yous, some things grab my attention and like the rest of "yous" (regardless of what side of the tracks you lived on) we gotta comment on it. So here goes, to the individual who made the comment pertaining to "Furman and Towson" colleges, really?...... let me say that again, "really?" Two young men are furthering their education at the next level, regardless of what school and you're gonna take a shot at them with a comment like that? I'm gonna finish with this, people wear masks to hide their identity just like on this message board, however some of us know who are wearing those masks and know their history. Note; be careful of what you post, some of us have been living around here a long time, just saying .........

Congrats to Karson on being selected for the Big 33 game. It is a very prestigious honor befitting this young man. If there was ever a player who demonstrated what the term "beast-mode" described Karson fit that mold. Honestly, when I think back to the last 4 or so years...watching all the Robinette brothers playing for Alco was such a treat. Many a times I could sit by myself eating pizza and drinking Coke (or Pepsi depending on which one had the stadium contract) just watching these boys play under the lights of Greenway...well, life is good sometimes.

I have had the pleasure of getting to know this family to some degree. Had the dubious task of trying to block the father Kirk Sr. back in the 1984 season. This family knows football. It's in the genes. They could play today or 50 years ago and be the best on the field. All of them had the same hard hitting, give everything you have mentality.

Allegany fans and really all of Cumberland should say thank you. Best of luck in all you do Karson! Thank you for the memories and your efforts.

Outstanding comment.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Lot of nice comments, some not as nice as others. To all the young men and women who received awards, regardless of the color of jerseys they wear, congrats! Some of us wish you all well at the next level, be it military, college or to enter the work world. Myself, I'm limited on the understanding of how all this high-tech computer stuff works, pretty impressed with it. However, I do understand life and basically how it works. You set a goal and do your best to reach that goal, if you don't reach it , you continue to do the best you can, regardless of the outcome so on and so forth. "However", I'm only human, and just like the rest of yous, some things grab my attention and like the rest of "yous" (regardless of what side of the tracks you lived on) we gotta comment on it. So here goes, to the individual who made the comment pertaining to "Furman and Towson" colleges, really?...... let me say that again, "really?" Two young men are furthering their education at the next level, regardless of what school and you're gonna take a shot at them with a comment like that? I'm gonna finish with this, people wear masks to hide their identity just like on this message board, however some of us know who are wearing those masks and know their history. Note; be careful of what you post, some of us have been living around here a long time, just saying .........

You may not have thorough knowledge of all the high-tech stuff, but in communication you are a quality man of letters.

You failed reading comprehension in school didn't you? The negative comments were started by Lags. There was no negativity or bias in stating that two FH players chose not to participate. Only your twisted logic sees it as such.

Ty was brought up because he was the last area player selected for the big 33. Again, there was no negativity or bias in stating that fact. To state that Robinette was a better all around player than Johnson or Brown is just ridiculous.

Actually I did quite well in comprehension. If you comprehend, the title of the thread is "Karson Robinette". I could see your point if the title was "Big 33" game. If you want to talk about FH players in the Big 33, or the history of FH in the Big 33 simply start a new thread - it's not that complicated. If the thread is dedicated to recognizing the accomplishment of a great player - just say something nice or say nothing at all. It's really petty to change the focus away from a positive achievement.

I would say the 2 FH players were nominated by a local and did not make or was not chosen for the team. There isnt a Fort Hill player on this years team that would play in that game.
Actually, Poling and Hamilton were indeed invited to try-out for the game and whether or not they were nominated by a “local” doesn’t really matter. An nomination doesn’t guarantee an invitation to try out.
Both decided NOT to try-out, not sure why Poling decided against it but Hamilton chose not to due to continuing his career at the college level . Why risk an injury right before leaving for college?
Congrats to Robinette for making the team!

Actually, Poling and Hamilton were indeed invited to try-out for the game and whether or not they were nominated by a “local” doesn’t really matter. An nomination doesn’t guarantee an invitation to try out.
Both decided NOT to try-out, not sure why Poling decided against it but Hamilton chose not to due to continuing his career at the college level . Why risk an injury right before leaving for college?
Congrats to Robinette for making the team!

Here is the most important comment made in this thread... and I quote "every Super Bowl since like the late 70's has had a former BIG 33 game player in it."

It wasn't your post. In fact, your post doesn't belong in a congratulatory thread. I recall nothing but praise for Ty Johnson. But since you did post:

doesn’t really matter.

Here's what matters: they didn't make it. If they had gone to a try out, made it , and then turned it down... well, you would have a point there because that... and only that... is really turning it down.

They decided not to try at all. Maybe they knew at their positions they wouldn't stand a chance? Truth: being a 'mortal lock' or a 'consensus pick' by the FH fandom - despite local awards - doesn't really add up to much in the bigger world.

Hamilton chose not to due to continuing his career at the college level. Why risk an injury right before leaving for college?

Obviously this must be a good reason for college-bound athletes not to play in the game. I guess the really good players with an offer don't try out for the Big 33 (despite all the Super Bowl appearances).

That being the case, I was unaware that Ty Johnson didn't have a Maryland offer until he played in this game. He must have really pushed himself to try out and then play - especially since he was banged up a little in both homecoming and the championship game that year.

I'd assume football players who are going on to play spring sports- especially when they are starters for said spring sports- dont want to chance an injury by playing another full contact football game.

Kudos to Karson. He's a beast on the field.

I'd assume football players who are going on to play spring sports- especially when they are starters for said spring sports- dont want to chance an injury by playing another full contact football game.

Kudos to Karson. He's a beast on the field.

Interesting assumption when a player is already getting a scholarship for football. One might also assume it is an honor to play in the Big 33 and it would help them get a better look for starting on their chosen college team.

Making assumptions is fun.

Yes, one could assume that a high school athlete would give up a prestigious honor of playing in the Big 33 just because they want to play... say... high school baseball .... I guess. Then again, we could assume a lot. We could also assume that the two FH players knew they couldn't make it and Karson is going because he was the best player in the area.

Yes, making assumptions is fun.

Here is the most important comment made in this thread... and I quote "every Super Bowl since like the late 70's has had a former BIG 33 game player in it."

It wasn't your post. In fact, your post doesn't belong in a congratulatory thread. I recall nothing but praise for Ty Johnson. But since you did post:

doesn’t really matter.

Here's what matters: they didn't make it. If they had gone to a try out, made it , and then turned it down... well, you would have a point there because that... and only that... is really turning it down.

They decided not to try at all. Maybe they knew at their positions they wouldn't stand a chance? Truth: being a 'mortal lock' or a 'consensus pick' by the FH fandom - despite local awards - doesn't really add up to much in the bigger world.

Hamilton chose not to due to continuing his career at the college level. Why risk an injury right before leaving for college?

Obviously this must be a good reason for college-bound athletes not to play in the game. I guess the really good players with an offer don't try out for the Big 33 (despite all the Super Bowl appearances).

That being the case, I was unaware that Ty Johnson didn't have a Maryland offer until he played in this game. He must have really pushed himself to try out and then play - especially since he was banged up a little in both homecoming and the championship game that year.

"Here is the most important comment made in this thread... and I quote "every Super Bowl since like the late 70's has had a former BIG 33 game player in it."

If that's true.... then this is one of the most boring threads in the history of this forum.

"Here is the most important comment made in this thread... and I quote "every Super Bowl since like the late 70's has had a former BIG 33 game player in it."

If that's true.... then this is one of the most boring threads in the history of this forum.

I don't know if it's true or not - but Montana, Morino, Dorsett, Namath, Adderley and Arrington (to name a few) all did play in the game. I also understand that the players make contacts that help them throughout their careers.

I can't provide a link of any kind and I'm not defending or speaking for anybody else, but I did hear Appel make a comment about one of his players after a heroic game and it had nothing to do with the question that was asked about the incredible game this player had, he said if only he could depend on the player to keep his grades up as much as he could depend on him to play well he'd have a lot less stress. He also made a comment after the allegany game that was really low. He singled out #5 blaming him for a fumble but he said nothing about the fact the blocker missed the defender and #5 was just nailed. There were so many things wrong about the game to choose one person and single them out was mean spirited, my interpretation. I"m not naming a kid but after fh's 1st of the 4 consecutive titles he singled out the fb, who had an incredible game, as somebody he'd wished he had less problems with him off the field and that would make his on field performance even better. These comments are really beneath a high school football coach. Keep that stuff in house and don't air your dirty laundry on the radio. Again, you asked for a link and I have no idea if radio stations save those post-game interviews or not but as a fh fan, I really have no reason to throw Appel under the bus, I'd just like him to not name a kid or single him out on the radio.

I actually totally forgot they still had the Big 33 until now.

At the end of the day, do well and have fun Karson !! Take everything in. It should an experience you will never forget. You deserve it. (and don't get hurt

I can't provide a link of any kind and I'm not defending or speaking for anybody else, but I did hear Appel make a comment about one of his players after a heroic game and it had nothing to do with the question that was asked about the incredible game this player had, he said if only he could depend on the player to keep his grades up as much as he could depend on him to play well he'd have a lot less stress. He also made a comment after the allegany game that was really low. He singled out #5 blaming him for a fumble but he said nothing about the fact the blocker missed the defender and #5 was just nailed. There were so many things wrong about the game to choose one person and single them out was mean spirited, my interpretation. I"m not naming a kid but after fh's 1st of the 4 consecutive titles he singled out the fb, who had an incredible game, as somebody he'd wished he had less problems with him off the field and that would make his on field performance even better. These comments are really beneath a high school football coach. Keep that stuff in house and don't air your dirty laundry on the radio. Again, you asked for a link and I have no idea if radio stations save those post-game interviews or not but as a fh fan, I really have no reason to throw Appel under the bus, I'd just like him to not name a kid or single him out on the radio.

Thank you for coming forward. Even in an anonymous forum it isn't always easy to air uncomfortable subjects. This last season changed my perspective on a number of things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT