ADVERTISEMENT

Karson Robinette

alco65

All Region Poster
Jun 11, 2012
As reported on the Allegany Camper Football page, Karson Robinette was selected to play in the Big "33" game this coming June. Congratulations Karson, make Cumberland proud

trying to remember. I know Ty was the last FH player in the BIG 33 but before Ty and now Karson who were the last players from FH and Alco to play in the game?

There was many years when it was an OH-PA game so it skews the numbers a bit

So there's a stat out there, and I haven't looked it up to confirm, but every Super Bowl since like the late 70's has had a former BIG 33 game player in it. Pretty impressive. It did used to only be PA vs. OH - does anyone know when it switched over? And is it just MD vs PA now?

It started in 1957 with Team PA playing Team Nation. in 1961-63,1968-71and 77-84 it was a combination of 2 PA teams playing each other. 1964-67 Team PA played Team Texas In 1985-92 and 2013 to present Team PA played Team MD. 1972-76 and 1993-2012 Team PA played Team OH. Google Big 33 Game, it will give you all kind of good info

Reactions: ConeyIsland
There was 2 FH players nominated and picked to try out this year but both chose not to participate.

Last edited:
As reported on the Allegany Camper Football page, Karson Robinette was selected to play in the Big "33" game this coming June. Congratulations Karson, make Cumberland proud

Best player in the area this year and for a number of years. All around, better than Johnson or Brown. Shocking that he shared an award this year (well, actually not that shocking at all really).

Best of luck to the young man. Hope they hand him the ball a lot.

There was 2 FH players nominated and picked to try out this year but both chose not to participate.

Well, that settles it: could-uh... would-uh..... got better things to do - so let Alco get sumpin' (though diminished) - but we will post that FH would-uh... could-uh had more players in the game but turned it down. No big deal. Karson couldn't even get a solo award in this town.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
I would say the 2 FH players were nominated by a local and did not make or was not chosen for the team. There isnt a Fort Hill player on this years team that would play in that game.

And Tom Brady should have been Super Bowl MVP after throwing for a Super Bowl record 505 yards. Guess the NFL won't give MVP to the loser of the game. But hey what do they know. Brady could have at least been co-MVP but even that wasnt good enuff.

Hamilton can play in Big 33. Everyone can see this when he suits up for Towson on a full ride.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Lags post #1 - I do think Karson was the best all-around player this year. Best player in a number of past years combined? No. And at best I'd hesitate to say better than Johnson/Brown because Johnson/Brown are both true D1 talents who, like Karson, were directly responsible for their teams winning a bunch of games. But Johnson and Brown are both very talented kids. Robinette certainly talented in his own right, but what made him great is his toughness, both mentally and physically. Kids like Ty and Brayden could break a game open at any moment. Karson could control the tempo of a game by grinding and out-willing opponents. Different styles, both very effective.

Lags post #2 - this is you just being angry and making the rest of us Alco guys on the board look bad.

Cumbfanatic - FH has two D1 guys in this year's graduating class, the kid going to Towson and the kid going to Furman. I could be wrong, but my guess is they'd be able to find one or two kids who could definitely play in the Big 33 game.

And Tom Brady should have been Super Bowl MVP after throwing for a Super Bowl record 505 yards. Guess the NFL won't give MVP to the loser of the game. But hey what do they know. Brady could have at least been co-MVP but even that wasnt good enuff.

Hamilton can play in Big 33. Everyone can see this when he suits up for Towson on a full ride.

Tom Brady was named MVP of the league despite being the loser of the super bowl.

Why give an award to any player that lost to Dunbar? Give the POY award to the guy who embarrassed Dunbar. Maybe we need some 'Honesty of the Year' awards like: 'We shouldn't have to play Dunbar' award, 'Most scheduled games for teams we can beat 100 to nothing' award or the 'Todd Appel my-player's-grades-stink' award.

I hope you can see that I think it's funny. The Cumberland awards, fit Cumberland. They're a sham. But they're funny.

Last edited:
Lags post #1 - I do think Karson was the best all-around player this year. Best player in a number of past years combined? No. And at best I'd hesitate to say better than Johnson/Brown because Johnson/Brown are both true D1 talents who, like Karson, were directly responsible for their teams winning a bunch of games. But Johnson and Brown are both very talented kids. Robinette certainly talented in his own right, but what made him great is his toughness, both mentally and physically. Kids like Ty and Brayden could break a game open at any moment. Karson could control the tempo of a game by grinding and out-willing opponents. Different styles, both very effective.

Lags post #2 - this is you just being angry and making the rest of us Alco guys on the board look bad.

Cumbfanatic - FH has two D1 guys in this year's graduating class, the kid going to Towson and the kid going to Furman. I could be wrong, but my guess is they'd be able to find one or two kids who could definitely play in the Big 33 game.

Johnson/Brown were used strategically because of their speed. Robinette was the best fullback I've seen out of both schools in recent memory - or pretty much any memory. Not only that, he would carry the ball a zillion times and still play every down as an outstanding linebacker. That is what I meant by 'all around' player.

Robinette wasn't a mere up-the-middle-cloud-of-dust runner.. He had more than sufficient speed, could turn on a dime and drag three defensive players (and yes even Dunbar's) for an additional five yards or more.

As for the 'rest of us Alco guys'... well (what minuscule number they be) , I could give a shit what makes Alco posters look bad. I've spent more time dissing on Allegany than praising it and a thousand times more praising FH than dissing on it. I post what I think and encourage others to do the same.

Tom Brady was named MVP of the league despite being the loser of the super bowl.

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 3, 2018
MINNEAPOLIS — New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who will seek his sixth Super Bowl title on Sunday, has been named the N.F.L.’s Most Valuable Player for the third time.

Maybe if the CTN gave out the awards prior to Homecoming you would have an argument.

Last edited:
Johnson/Brown were used strategically because of their speed. Robinette was the best fullback I've seen out of both schools in recent memory - or pretty much any memory. Not only that, he would carry the ball a zillion times and still play every down as an outstanding linebacker. That is what I meant by 'all around' player.

Robinette wasn't a mere up-the-middle-cloud-of-dust runner.. He had more than sufficient speed, could turn on a dime and drag three defensive players (and yes even Dunbar's) for an additional five yards or more.

As for the 'rest of us Alco guys'... well (what minuscule number they be) , I could give a shit what makes Alco posters look bad. I've spent more time dissing on Allegany than praising it and a thousand times more praising FH than dissing on it. I post what I think and encourage others to do the same.

Look who's back after being embarrassed off the boards for 3 months. Lag jumping right in and pissing on FH in this good natured topic of all things. Karson won the MVP. Can't you just leave it at that and be happy for the kids?

I thought Karson was very deserving of the Player of The Year. No question.

Poling was deserving of the award too and not because he never lost to Alco. He led the area in tackles for 4 STRAIGHT SEASONS, led the area this year with a crushing 196 of them. He led the area in touchdown receptions - many of those extremely responsible for beating Alco single handed on huge plays. It is too bad they never kept tackling stats long ago because if you think Karson did well by breaking a few Alco rushing records I am quite positive nobody in this entire area in 85 years had as many career tackles as Poling. The numbers are insane. They're the same reasons he won top player multiple times in the Youth League.

Based on individual stats Poling got what he deserved sharing the top award. Teamwise - He was 7-0 vs. Alco in the four years he started.

Some of you folks need to take the glasses off. Thank god the CTN knew what they were doing. Go back to the early 90s and see who got the area POY every single time. The guy on the best team!

Last edited:
Reactions: Redwhite90

You make a good point about not giving a shit about making Alco posters look bad. Good news is, you only make yourself look bad. Which is only your business, and no one elses.

We'll continue to laugh, though. Can't help you there. Good competition going on between you and Purpleass.

Reactions: hbpass2
Tom Brady was named MVP of the league after being the loser of the game.
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 3, 2018
MINNEAPOLIS — New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who will seek his sixth Super Bowl title on Sunday, has been named the N.F.L.’s Most Valuable Player for the third time.

Maybe if the CTN gave out the awards prior to Homecoming you would have an argument.

Maybe if player of the year was based just on Homecoming you would have a point.

Look who's back after being embarrassed off the boards for 3 months. Lag jumping right in and pissing on FH in this good natured topic of all things. Karson won the MVP. Can't you just leave it at that and be happy for the kids?

I thought Karson was very deserving of the Player of The Year. No question.

Poling was deserving of the award too and not because he never lost to Alco. He led the area in tackles for 4 STRAIGHT SEASONS, led the area this year with a crushing 196 of them. He was 2nd in the area in receiving yards and tops in touchdown receptions - many of those extremely responsible for beating Alco single handed on huge plays. It is too bad they never kept tackling stats long ago because if you think Karson did well by breaking a few Alco rushing records I am quite positive nobody in this entire area in 85 years had as many career tackles as Poling. The numbers are insane.

Based on individual stats Poling got what he deserved sharing the top award. Teamwise - He was 7-0 vs. Alco in the four years he started.

Some of you folks need to take the glasses off. Thank god the CTN knew what they were doing. Go back to the early 90s and see who got the area POY. The guy on the best team!

Look who's back after being embarrassed off the boards for 3 months...

Up yours.. with all due respect. Once again, I have to remind you how weak-kneed and limp-wristed you and your buddies have been in defending FH against trolls. All of you guys disappeared for an entire summer. (Lest you forget the single troll who gave each of you a 3 dollar haircut and then ran the score up on you for months.)

I post when I want and what I want. It's my opinion. The award was about this year. Robinette set a new area record with 34 touchdowns - the record he beat was (are you ready) Ty Johnson's, who scored 33 in 2014. Robinette had the most rushing yards in the area: 2,016 - averaging 173 yards per game (not to mention breaking numerous school records). Interestingly, he made the Maryland 33 team as a linebacker.

Last edited:
You make a good point about not giving a shit about making Alco posters look bad. Good news is, you only make yourself look bad. Which is only your business, and no one elses.

We'll continue to laugh, though. Can't help you there. Good competition going on between you and Purpleass.

I post for myself. Always have. The lower orders and lickspittles pretend to speak for everyone else.

Why give an award to any player that lost to Dunbar? Give the POY award to the guy who embarrassed Dunbar. Maybe we need some 'Honesty of the Year' awards like: 'We shouldn't have to play Dunbar' award, 'Most scheduled games for teams we can beat 100 to nothing' award or the 'Todd Appel my-player's-grades-stink' award.

I hope you can see that I think it's funny. The Cumberland awards, fit Cumberland. They're a sham. But they're funny.

This post is strictly for Lagmeister. Karson Robinette should have been POY alone. I'd have put Poling at co-defensive POY.

Why give an award to a player who lost to Chestnut Ridge and lost to Fort Hill twice. Before you say it, yes, the 2nd game was closer but it was still a loss. Why wasn't your POY given the ball on the biggest play of the year? The 2 point conversion against Fort Hill in the playoff game?
Really, Karson embarrassed Dunbar? He did have a great game. I was there and, I even posted, that Allegany's offensive line absolutely dominated Dunbar that gave Karson the holes to run through.
I have just presented you with facts (and some questions) Now, can you provide any proof to back-up your "my players grades stink" comment?
BTW, maybe the 2 Fort Hill players who declined the invitation to play... maybe they are thinking about their college careers.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse

U want honesty awards??? U better watch opening that can of worms!!
I won't stoop to the classless remarks or posts that some of u thrive on !!
I was simply posting that there was 2 FH players that also was nominated and was selected to try out but chose not to participate-- the one player, MY NEPHEW is one of the hardest working on and off the field and MOST definitely COULD have played in the BIG 33!!!!!
AND HE MOST definitely was deserving of his HONESTY AWARD!!!

U want honesty awards??? U better watch opening that can of worms!!
I won't stoop to the classless remarks or posts that some of u thrive on !!
I was simply posting that there was 2 FH players that also was nominated and was selected to try out but chose not to participate-- the one player, MY NEPHEW is one of the hardest working on and off the field and MOST definitely COULD have played in the BIG 33!!!!!
AND HE MOST definitely was deserving of his HONESTY AWARD!!!

Bottom line, you stepped on Robinette's praise thread - how disgustingly typical from FH. You should have left it alone or simply congratulated him. But none of you red-jackets (well save one or two) can leave something about Allegany alone. You just can't do it. It's either, "We can do that too"... or, "That's nothin' we turned it down." Pretty small if you ask me. Well, you didn't ask me... nonetheless your response was pretty damn small.

Last edited:
This post is strictly for Lagmeister. Karson Robinette should have been POY alone. I'd have put Poling at co-defensive POY.

Why give an award to a player who lost to Chestnut Ridge and lost to Fort Hill twice. Before you say it, yes, the 2nd game was closer but it was still a loss. Why wasn't your POY given the ball on the biggest play of the year? The 2 point conversion against Fort Hill in the playoff game?
Really, Karson embarrassed Dunbar? He did have a great game. I was there and, I even posted, that Allegany's offensive line absolutely dominated Dunbar that gave Karson the holes to run through.
I have just presented you with facts (and some questions) Now, can you provide any proof to back-up your "my players grades stink" comment?
BTW, maybe the 2 Fort Hill players who declined the invitation to play... maybe they are thinking about their college careers.

"my players grades stink"

Refers to Appel's well documented public comments about one of his student athletes. Not his exact words, but he did publicly make negative comments, in an interview, about one of his player's grades. And for me, just like Korn blaming his players for losses, Appel lost my support right there. You don't publicly embarrass your players like that.

Why give an award to a player who lost to Chestnut Ridge and lost to Fort Hill twice

Really? Well shucks, why give any award to any player on a team that schedules patsies for most of the season and then chokes in the championship against a team that their crosstown rival had already beaten. Two can play the bullshit game. I have already posted Robinette's accomplishments in this thread.

I tend to agree with Hansel who, in so many words, said that Robinette is the best all around player he has ever seen. (Referring to high school I'm sure.) Personally, gimme players like Robinette and a coach like Hansel who never dogs his team or his associates and takes full responsibility for everything.

Putting the word 'family' on the uniform pants doesn't make it so when you don't treat the members with respect and confidentiality. (Are we having fun yet?)

Bottom line, you stepped on Robinette's praise thread - how disgustingly typical from FH. You should have left it alone or simply congratulated him. But none of you red-jackets (well save one or two) can leave something about Allegany alone. You just can't do it. It's either, "We can do that too"... or, "That's nothin' we turned it down." Pretty small if you ask me. Well, you didn't ask me... nonetheless your response was pretty damn small.

I have to agree with this. This was originally a positive thread about a great player. This wasn't about FH at all.

Reactions: Lagmeister
Actually the Times-News decides their award. You just accept what the media reports as fact.

Doesn't that work for every sports award such as this? When you become a paid journalist instead of a forum poster let us all know. Until then your opinion is no more valid than anyone here. Robinette and Poling are Co Players of the Year. No questions. It will be recorded this way forever. Stop crying about it and just congratulate both of these young men.

After wading through the last 10 posts. Congrats to karson on the invitation/ selection. I’m glad to see the area kids getting recognition they deserve.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
Happy for Robinette. He is one tough cookie. Brown should have made the team last year. He proved that this season as a freshman starter at UCONN. The Big 33 is quite an honor.

And it wasn't...until Lags dragged them into it.

No sir. Read the posts from the beginning and tell me who made the first negative comment. This is a great accomplishment by Robinette, why even mention FH players that allegedly chose not to participate? And be clear Towson and Furman are D1-AA (FCS) schools. Once again, a great accomplishment but it's not something you can rub in anybody's face.

No sir. Read the posts from the beginning and tell me who made the first negative comment. This is a great accomplishment by Robinette, why even mention FH players that allegedly chose not to participate? And be clear Towson and Furman are D1-AA (FCS) schools. Once again, a great accomplishment but it's not something you can rub in anybody's face.

You failed reading comprehension in school didn't you? The negative comments were started by Lags. There was no negativity or bias in stating that two FH players chose not to participate. Only your twisted logic sees it as such.

Ty was brought up because he was the last area player selected for the big 33. Again, there was no negativity or bias in stating that fact. To state that Robinette was a better all around player than Johnson or Brown is just ridiculous.

Karson is better than Johnson & Brown.....AT THE FULLBACK POSITION !!!

For anybody that has issues with Poling sharing POY honors with Robinette, listen to Karson's acceptance speech at the Dapper Dan dinner. Karson has no problem with it.

Karson is better than Johnson & Brown.....AT THE FULLBACK POSITION !!!

For anybody that has issues with Poling sharing POY honors with Robinette, listen to Karson's acceptance speech at the Dapper Dan dinner. Karson has no problem with it.

'All around player' - get it. Hell, Robinette gained more yards in our area at fullback than anybody at any running back position this year. He also scored more touchdowns in one year from the fullback position than Johnson scored (from anywhere) to set a new area record. But still, it's 'all around' player - get it. Offense and defense. Somehow all of you miss the fact that Robinette was chosen for the Big 33 as a linebacker.

I am giving my opinion. It doesn't matter that Robinette is 'okay' with sharing the record. He is a class act. Appel could learn a lot from this kid.

To deny that Robinette is one of the best high school football players to have ever played in Cumberland is to show one's bias and stupidity. To have watched Robinette run from the fullback position this year and not to recognize that he was in an 'award' class all his own, also shows one's bias and stupidity.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT