ADVERTISEMENT

Just Checking In With My Almost Yearly Posts.....

bigdawgrefwmd

Hall of Fame Poster
Nov 20, 2004
HOW ABOUT THOSE CHIEFS!!

Well 3 out of 4 Years With a Trip To The Super Bowl...
Just wanted to say hey to a few of the haters....
The Steelers will ...
The Ravens will....
The Raiders.... lmfao
The Chiefs Won't Even Win The Division, The Bronco's Raiders & Chargers all got better and the Chiefs got worse by trading Hill Away ....
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

Favorite Quote from Chiefs Locker room Burrowhead Deez Nuts....

The game probably wouldn't have ended when it did if Ossai not been a complete bonehead and shoved Mahomes a yard out of bounds. Setting up a fairly easy FG for Butter. You can blame the refs for keeping it close, but they didn't make Ossai do that, or make Burrow throw two interceptions or get sacked 7 or 8 times or whatever it was.

Ossai was guilty. But so was the late hit on Burrows on their last drive that almost imploded his chest but never got called. A call that 99.9% of the time is flagged in the NFL all season. The intentional grounding was bogus on the same drive. The extra play, the pass interference call. The list goes on. The calls were not going both ways. See the link I provided. Ignored was the block in the back on the last punt return. The ignored hold when Mahomes scrambled to put them in FG range. Way too much.

You can't call a game super tight for one team and not the other in the 4th quarter of a NFL Divisional Championship Game. But that is exactly what happened time and time again.

Last edited:
Same problems every week. Last week was a clear block in the back against Mark Andrews on Hubbard fumble return. Open field for the whole world to see. Been saying for years that NFL officiating is making the games unwatchable. Not an easy job but so many obvious missed calls.

Im not saying any of these refs were, but I believe there are referees involved in gambling and can persuade a game. Around 2008 there were supposedly around 12 NBA referees involved in a gambling scandal.

The game probably wouldn't have ended when it did if Ossai not been a complete bonehead and shoved Mahomes a yard out of bounds. Setting up a fairly easy FG for Butter. You can blame the refs for keeping it close, but they didn't make Ossai do that, or make Burrow throw two interceptions or get sacked 7 or 8 times or whatever it was.

It was in the script.

LOL, I still can't believe people are bringing up the extra play. That's what happens when the official runs in and blows his whistle but nobody can hear it because it's Loud.
They still ended up getting the ball at the 40
Their Offense had 2 late drives and Were Totally Stopped.
They punted and all they had to do was kick it at an angle out of bounds but they kicked it down the middle with a line drive to the fastest player on the field.

The Stats show it should of been worse, just imagine if Mahomes had two legs instead of one.
I'm not sure how many Burrow has because every time they showed him it seemed like he was on his back lol

TEAM STATS
i
i
1st Downs1823
Passing 1st downs1117
Rushing 1st downs63
1st downs from penalties13
3rd down efficiency6-147-14
4th down efficiency1-11-1
Total Plays6366
Total Yards309357
Total Drives1110
Yards per Play4.95.4
Passing238315
Comp-Att26-4129-43
Yards per pass5.26.8
Interceptions thrown20
Sacks-Yards Lost5-323-11
Rushing7142
Rushing Attempts1720
Yards per rush4.22.1
Red Zone (Made-Att)1-32-3
Penalties9-714-55
Turnovers21
Fumbles lost01
Interceptions thrown20
Defensive / Special Teams TDs00
Possession27:0932:51

Keeping the punt in bounds shouldn’t matter if the 2 blocks in the back are called. KC would’ve started inside the 20. I still think they score because ya know.. mahomes and kelce

The biggest problem I have with all of championship weekend was it seemed all the judgement calls went in favor of philly and KC

In the simplest of terms....call the roughing the passer on Burrows like you would if it were Mahomes and take away the intentional grounding and the Bengals get a chance to win on a FG. C'mon man, watch it again. Far less than that hit gets called every time in the NFL.

Late hit on Burrow

Last edited:
The Bengals were able to get a first down after the grounding penalty. Roughing or flop I can't decided, I think the no call was the right call. I too have seen far less get flagged, but have also seen far more not get flagged. Play on. Yes the block in the back was missed, but Bengals fans only need to go back to the Sam Hubbard fumble return TD against the Ravens. Mark Andrews is clearly blocked in the back, and to the ground. No call. BTW does anyone even remember the 2 touchdowns that KC scored that were called back by penalties. Officiating is terrible throughout the league. Every play is a penalty. They call what they want when they want. Scoreboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
The Bengals were able to get a first down after the grounding penalty. Roughing or flop I can't decided, I think the no call was the right call. I too have seen far less get flagged, but have also seen far more not get flagged. Play on. Yes the block in the back was missed, but Bengals fans only need to go back to the Sam Hubbard fumble return TD against the Ravens. Mark Andrews is clearly blocked in the back, and to the ground. No call. BTW does anyone even remember the 2 touchdowns that KC scored that were called back by penalties. Officiating is terrible throughout the league. Every play is a penalty. They call what they want when they want. Scoreboard.
My beef, having no poker in the Chiefs/Bengals fire, is the massive inconsistency with judgement calls deciding games especially at the highest level of a Championship Game. These officials are usually 20+ years invested in experience. It does make me wonder if there are motives to deciding NFL games - absolutely. Missing a call here or there is one thing. Having it repeatedly be so in the last 10 minutes of a title game involves either unqualified officials or intent.

My beef, having no poker in the Chiefs/Bengals fire, is the massive inconsistency with judgement calls deciding games especially at the highest level of a Championship Game. These officials are usually 20+ years invested in experience. It does make me wonder if there are motives to deciding NFL games - absolutely. Missing a call here or there is one thing. Having it repeatedly be so in the last 10 minutes of a title game involves either unqualified officials or intent.
Been saying it for over 20 years now, that officiating is making the NFL unwatchable. Or maybe it's the myriad of rule changes that make so many calls subjective. I especially like the rule on the interior line, that it's ok to hold, as long as you only hold a certain way. You either hold or you don't. Plus illegal contact. The WR can run right through a DB, but damn if DB sniffs a WR, thesee calls are so one sided in favor of the WR, and so much more. I could go on forever. Being a 20 plus year NFL season ticket holder I gave them up, so unwatchable in person. Television only shows you part of what goes on. I don't have the answers, but gave up on officiating and replay systems after that egregious call in the Saints v Rams playoff game. Maybe the single worst non call in the history of sports.

Last edited:
In the simplest of terms....call the roughing the passer on Burrows like you would if it were Mahomes and take away the intentional grounding and the Bengals get a chance to win on a FG. C'mon man, watch it again. Far less than that hit gets called every time in the NFL.

Late hit on Burrow
The intentional grounding call on Burrow was an easy call. You cant just throw the ball at the feet of two linemen with no eligible receiver in the vicinity.

Reactions: TDHelmick
Honestly, I think the game is starting to just move way too fast for human eyes to watch on the field. We watch the game as an eye in the sky and expect a dude who sees a 10th of the area we see to call everything we see. Too much is getting missed. I am NO ref apologist by any means, but I do think it's more operational than intentional in most cases.

Reactions: ravemwp
The intentional grounding call on Burrow was an easy call. You cant just throw the ball at the feet of two linemen with no eligible receiver in the vicinity.
Don't disagree. At the same time the holding no-call that got Mahomes free on the last scramble to set up the winning FG was also an easy call that directly made a difference in the outcome. But the refs didn't flag it. As did the block in the back on the same final punt return that almost always gets called but was not at the end of this championship tussle for some reason.

Point being, if you are going to let things go for one team, you don't call it tight on the other team. And I see this time and time again. Even at Greenway Ave Stadium. When one team has 5 holding calls while the other team does not, I see that as intention. Too many times lately I see a ton of one-sided judgement. A strike on the outside corner has to be so for both sides.

The best referees in my book are rarely seen and heard. Spot the ball and flag only the extreme obvious. This was far from the case in the AFC Championship Game. The refs had their say as much as the players did and much of it was one-sided at the end with a trophy on the line.

Last edited:
Yes, The Game is just too fast for these officials

Roughing The Passer When The Passer doesn't even have the ball

Yes, The Game is just too fast for these officials

Roughing The Passer When The Passer doesn't even have the ball
Yea, that's horrible.
That was also the game where Raiders DE Maxx Crosby got held literally almost every single play. The refs finally decided they could not throw a flag every play so they let much of it go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT