ADVERTISEMENT

juniors and sophomores

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
What you see on the field today except for the qb for Allegany are mostly all juniors and sophomores. The fb, lbs, tailback, wingback, most line, all will be back. The qb that will be stepping in with them is not bad at all. The team you see in blue today will be back next year, much faster, bigger and stronger. This year will just make them that much better. Hopefully the field is dry and they can show some of their speed, but either way they will be back

Last edited:
In a way its good to see Alco fans still with some spirit and hope. Otherwise it's just FH fans fighting amongst themselves.

But today Alco gets destroyed. Learn from the beating is all they can do. Hopefully they learn much more than their predecessors.

I think Alco should be improved next season. What comes after 2019 is cause for serious alarm however. It is utterly impossible to ignore what has been going on at Braddock the last few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
Yes but their all moved up due to the poor state of the program. I'm sure they may reap a year or two of success but thats been said before with no success.

Reactions: Over the top we go
This may be a learning experience, blue will be back the next 2 years. Christian Welch will be one of the best fb, lb they have had, Wingate, Powell will be big time threats. Most importantly the line is very young they will be better. The line is where they will get beat big time today. FH defensive line is big and fast. Alcos line is young and learning. Ryan Oneil #50 another sophomore that has come along this year, who will be a major factor the next 2. If Alcos backs get a crease, they will be gone. I don't see it happening with the fh dline

Yes but their all moved up due to the poor state of the program. I'm sure they may reap a year or two of success but thats been said before with no success.
I have to agree with you. If FH had few juniors/seniors that were capable of starting then they would have to move up some of the talented sophomores they have. They may have proved to be just as good or better than the allegany sophs who are getting their opportunity now. It's really hard to say anything is going to change next year until we see it actually happen. I'm with you, we've heard these kind of things before and they just didn't come to fruition.

Reactions: towpath94
Alco will be very much improved. Also I believe that Northern is loaded with sophomores and juniors. Both teams will make huge strides next testy!

It seems like every year around this time there’s always talk about how promising things look at alco for the following year but yet nothing ever changes. What’s going to be different? youre going to have the same coaching staff with the same backfield. Nothings going to change.

will these the same juniors and sopomores that stood on the sideline that were brought up to filed a practice team? Will these be the the same juniors and sophomores who did not get on the field today even though the clock was running ? Are these the same juniors and sophomores that watched Allegany's 1st string do very little against FH 2nd string on both side of the ball the second half? Will this be the same junior back field who marched down on FH on Alco's 1st drive and have to watch Scotty call his boy's number on 4th and 2? Any chance of some of these juniors and sophomores wearing red next year?

Reactions: 52 to victory
yep it's that time of the year. As others have said we've been hearing the same thing for years. Fuzielishness. I am not sure I want most of a 4-5 team coming back. Blue side of towns lower level teams haven't been very good for a while and now because they are rushed to varsity that makes them better?

Reactions: money316
then who were the kids in Allegany uniforms and full pads standing on the sidelines?

Appel actually rushed one of his seniors out there with 38 secs left in the game so he could get his one snap in. No excuse for it when your up that big. Is a running clock that important to him?

Appel actually rushed one of his seniors out there with 38 secs left in the game so he could get his one snap in. No excuse for it when your up that big. Is a running clock that important to him?
He generally gets every senior in during the homecoming game at some point

Reactions: Red White and True

The kids and their parents are making the choices. Can't blame Appel. He had an, "Aw shit" moment... as in, "Almost didn't get 'em in duh homecomin' game." Hey! kids wanna go to 'State' on the bench or on the field.

will these the same juniors and sopomores that stood on the sideline that were brought up to filed a practice team? Will these be the the same juniors and sophomores who did not get on the field today even though the clock was running ? Are these the same juniors and sophomores that watched Allegany's 1st string do very little against FH 2nd string on both side of the ball the second half? Will this be the same junior back field who marched down on FH on Alco's 1st drive and have to watch Scotty call his boy's number on 4th and 2? Any chance of some of these juniors and sophomores wearing red next year?

Alco's 1st drive and have to watch Scotty call his boy's number on 4th and 2?

It would not have changed the outcome... but yes, that sucked. It sucked bad.

yep it's that time of the year. As others have said we've been hearing the same thing for years. Fuzielishness. I am not sure I want most of a 4-5 team coming back. Blue side of towns lower level teams haven't been very good for a while and now because they are rushed to varsity that makes them better?
When you have one sophomore or maybe two starting on varsity that usually means they are exceptional...when half your team is comprised of sophomores it's for a different reason entirely.No fault to those kids, I truly hope they all improve next year...an improved allegany is good for the city.

Yes Scotty calling his boys number was bad just like Appel calling his boys number and trying to get him in the endzone. Cumberlands daddy ball at it's finest..

Yes Scotty calling his boys number was bad just like Appel calling his boys number and trying to get him in the endzone. Cumberlands daddy ball at it's finest..
Todd called walkers number deep in the fourth with the game out of reach. Scotty called Jackson’s in short yardage big moments early in the game when you have Welch in the backfield. Big difference

Todd called walkers number deep in the fourth with the game out of reach. Scotty called Jackson’s in short yardage big moments early in the game when you have Welch in the backfield. Big difference
It doesn't matter when they were called.. Neither would have an impact on the game. If Alco goes on to score they still get slaughtered. We are use to Scotty screwing us by calling his boys number over and over. Im sure there were other kids more deserving of a homecoming td but not in Appels eyes..

It doesn't matter when they were called.. Neither would have an impact on the game. If Alco goes on to score they still get slaughtered. We are use to Scotty screwing us by calling his boys number over and over. Im sure there were other kids more deserving of a homecoming td but not in Appels eyes..
“I’m sure there were other kids more deserving of a homecoming TD but not in apples eyes”

FH homecoming touchdowns scored:
Powell
Swan
Smith
Santmier

This really is a horribly bad analogy. Calling a senior back up QBs number late in the game with a running clock is not the same animal as not utilizing your strongest backfield option early in the game to possibly tie a game in which you are a heavy underdog.

Regardless of whom is related to whom, I think many people felt that a quick north and south play with the (up to that point) most effective backfield option would have been a good choice. We all get to second guess the play calling after the fact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT