ADVERTISEMENT

It's offical, keyser dropped......

bleedred

Franchise Poster
Oct 16, 2001
Bridgeport for their week 7, Maryland week 6. I wonder what the chances would be that Fort Hill could move the CCA game earlier in the schedule and bring in Bridgeport. That might be a bit much to have SH, Sher, Bridg, and Alco as four of the last five games of the year, but that game would pack the stadium.

Agreed I would love to see this game... SH isn't any good, them making the playoffs last year was an exception to the rule. I don't think Sherando will be as good as they were this year, and FH handled them. Alco well they're Alco, they lose 9 out 10 years to FH... With that said chances of FH schedule makers scheduling Bridgeport even though they are similar in size..... 0%

Last edited:
Look, everyone can say what they want to say, but all you have to do is look at Fort Hill's schedule in the past decade plus and you will understand that Fort Hill ducks no one.

If you add Bridgeport to Fort Hill's schedule for 2016 who are they replacing? If it is Archbishop Curley then maybe. But if it is to replace on of the lesser schools then I would have to say it would be a lot to ask for FH to play SH, Sherando, Allegany, Mtn. Ridge, Keyser, Bridgeport and Curley. Not saying that Fort Hill would be scared of that schedule but that is a pretty tough schedule right there.

ummm maybe they would be replacing Clearfield would be my guess beings that Clearfield dropped themo_O

as for your "Fort Hill ducks no one" comment, are you serious??? really?? do we need to have this conversation again?

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Get over the Martinsburg situation. Give me an area team who has had a schedule even close to Fort Hill's in 2015 in the past 15 years.

ummm maybe they would be replacing Clearfield would be my guess beings that Clearfield dropped themo_O
Get over the Martinsburg situation. Give me an area team who has had a schedule even close to Fort Hill's in 2015 in the past 15 years.

Dude you can hang your hat on 2015. I think everyone agreed that 2015 FH schedule was legit... One legit schedule in the last 10 to 15yrs. Lets hope they keep it up and not revert back to the schedules of yester year... But all we heard when 2015 schedule came out was a lot of belly aching about how tough it was going to be for FH, just like you're doing now scared of scheduling Bridgeport... And contrary to all the yellow belly aching FH seemed to manage just fine this year... And they would handle next years schedule just fine with Bridgeport on it... Grow some nuts and stop shying away from competition....

FH tried to schedule Bridgeport a handful of years ago. It didn't happen for some reason. Any of the I-79 schools would be a good add for FH, but then if everyone is downing their schedule strength, FH will probably find few takers!

Dude you can hang your hat on 2015. I think everyone agreed that 2015 FH schedule was legit... One legit schedule in the last 10 to 15yrs. Lets hope they keep it up and not revert back to the schedules of yester year... But all we heard when 2015 schedule came out was a lot of belly aching about how tough it was going to be for FH, just like you're doing now scared of scheduling Bridgeport... And contrary to all the yellow belly aching FH seemed to manage just fine this year... And they would handle next years schedule just fine with Bridgeport on it... Grow some nuts and stop shying away from competition....

After what Bridgeport did to Keyser this year Fort Hill won't play them any time in the near future. A more realistic opponent (assuming both teams want to play of course) is Walkersville. They're playing tomorrow for the 2A title and they have most of their key players returning next season. As a 2A school you can't ay they're "too big", and being in Frederick County they aren't too far away.

Reactions: bigsavage

We can choose to disagree.

If you are not going to M&T Bank Stadium tomorrow to watch the game in person, shut the hell up. No one cares about people sitting at home watching the game on tv and then crying about entertainment values of the schedule.

So Keyser beats FH? Then beats ALCO ? Then Keyer gets beat by Bridgeport? Yes this is all correct..WHY IN THE HELL IS EVERY ALCO POSTER FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS TALKING ABOUT FH PLAYING BRIDGEPORT. Talk to the Korn strength-in up your own schedule so you can win the west ,probably be a good place to start instead of being so concerned with FH schedule ,, what I don't get is your on FH schedule so you have the opportunity every season to beat FH.. But you guys want someone else to do it ,, didn't your parents ever tell you to fight your own battles? Just my opinion , blame Korn not FH

Talked to Bridgeport for about 20 minutes yesterday. Never say never. They only had one date open though. Getting a game isn't just about agreeing to one, the open dates have to match. Also just to repeat, South Hagerstown and Sherando are two year deals and good to go for 2016. Clearfield was a two year deal but they went yellow, won't return the game next year out of fear. They like to win 9 or 10 games and get bounced out of their playoffs quickly every year. Curley was a one year deal and is off the schedule. I stated in another thread that WV schools were going to war to find the easiest schedules possible. If Keyser doesn't wish to play Bridgeport in their 1-16 playoff format, what makes everyone think it would be wise for FH to pick them up given their even more idiotic regional playoff format? LOL.

Scheduling for FH is an art form. If they would pick up Bridgeport for example along with South Hagerstown and Sherando then what do you fill the other two holes with? Very limited options. At that point you get a call from a powerful Frederick County school and you have to start saying no. I think that it should be clear to all fans that FH was willing to play a tougher schedule, much of that because they have no choice. It seems best to play some really good opponents along with Keyser and Alco but then find some other 1A level teams. It just so happens that no 1A teams will play FH so you have to find an equivalent in MATHS, Silver Oak or CCA. This year's schedule seemed perfect although the Curley game got cancelled.

It's funny watching some of you try to say South Hagerstown wasn't a good pickup. They are a 3A school that finished 10-1 the year the contract was signed and looks like they are trying to build something with a very good coach. Bridgeport told me they were losing 8 senior starters and should not be as good next year. Does that mean if FH picks them up some folks are going to say the schedule isn't that good because Bridgeport wasn't their usual self? It's easy to spot the people that hope FH can schedule a team that could beat them for the obvious reasons. When a team has won 39 out of 40 games certain people won't like it. FH is a 1A school. It's amazing that has to be repeated so often.

Last edited:
Haters from Allegany who complain about FH's schedule make me laugh. As I have made it known I am one the pro Martinsburg-FH game guys but I understand the complexities of the regional format. But for any Alco person to complain about FH's schedule hasn't looked into the mirror. Allegany would have barely claimed a payoff spot this year on FH's schedule and their schedule in any given year for the past 20 years has been weak.

Honestly it isn't college ball. The scheduling doesn't matter except for filling the stands. What matters is who's standing last! The object of the game isn't who you schedule, it's winning a title! This convo is getting old

As for someone saying people staying home to watch the game need to shut up, needs to shut up. You don't know how ignorant u look

Reactions: wing_left
Like I stated previously Northern got in with a 6-4 record, Fort Hill had more bonus pts with one loss and a 9 game schedule than a undefeated 10-0 Boonsboro team which just goes to show you that there is such a thing as scheduling yourself out of the playoffs with too weak of a schedule... Hancock and Clear Spring are perfect examples of this phenomena they will never schedule enough quality opponents and when against those opponents to make the playoffs over FH.. Allegany and Northern play in the regular season which is a loss for northern usually and Allegany plays Fort Hill which is usually a loss for Allegany.... For the most part it always comes down to the same 4 schools each year making the playoffs in the west region.. There is more room to make the playoffs then what we are lead to believe.. Its funny how we always cry about needing games but then turn down games by making up excuses.. First it was travel, then it was school size, then ultimately it was admitted that teams are just too good as a reason not to play... Todd you said Bridgeport won't be as good next year, for people that like to shy away from competition that should be all the more reason to play them plus they're not too far away and they are the same size... So you have no more excuses not to play...
Possibly look into setting up a long term contract between the 2 schools both seem to have problems filling their schedule, both seem dependable unlike some schools that have to borrow other schools equipment just to play the game and its an uncertainty that those teams will actually show up to the game.. Brideport is only 100 miles away and both schools travel well with great traditions and would make for a great gate... Seems like a perfect fit to me... But a long term contract would make for the possibility of FH having to play a good team every now and then... And its quite obvious that's just something FH doesn't want to have to do... You reiterate that FH is 1a. I would like to point out so is Bridgeport... People look at every reason not to play, instead of looking for reasons to play.. I just don't get todays mentality sad sad world we live in...

Btw I personally never said SH was a bad pick up..The problem I have is people lobbying them as a quality opponent bc they had 1 good year in 30... Historically Hagerstown schools are a atrocious... You might have one year where an anomaly occurs and one of them are decent never exceptional.. FH knew picking them up it was guaranteed 3A points 9 out of 10 years. Hell you would pick up Jefferson too if you had the chance. Who wouldn't pick up larger cream puff schools that you know you can beat most years? The other problem that I see is that you'll go out of your way to schedule these larger cream puff schools but then make up every excuse in the book and run for your life not to play a school that's the same size as you but aren't push overs and an automatic win... But then you and other people from FH want to cry about Northern not playing you or Hancock and Clear Spring, which isn't a bit hypocritical but a lot hypocritical...

Last edited:
Man, I was away from this forum for a while. I see the jealousy of FH's success - playing, coaching, and, yes, scheduling tactics - are still alive and well. As other's have said, FH is the best team in the state of MD in 1A this year. Had they played schools other 1A teams refuse to play, they not have gotten the chance to show it.

Someone said it best, and I'm too lazy to look and see who it was, but you haters just want to see FH fail. Tough.

Blah blah blah we're afraid to play any one good... Same ole song every year....

If there ever was an example of a good loss, Keyser beating Fort Hill this year was it. I know it snapped the streak, the only loss in 40 games. But every FH coach realizes deep inside that the Keyser loss did more for this 2015 team then anyone could possibly imagine, especially using hindsight now. It may sound crazy but that loss probably was a blessing. First, it took the pressure of "the streak" off. Every single week the local news would first talk about the streak more than they would the upcoming opponent. But more important, the Keyser loss forced FH coaches to look in the mirror and make some hardcore personnel, X's and O's changes. This is not the same FH team that lost to Keyser in Week 2 by a long shot. And that is not meant to take a single thing away from Keyser in the least.

That Keyser loss molded this Fort Hill team into a state champion. No question about it on many, many levels. It's amazing how sports can teach life lessons, especially football where it takes 11 guys working together to be successful. Sometimes you have to walk in the valley before you can know how precious it is to walk on top of the mountain.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT