ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the Greatest Fort Hill team since............

2013 team was the beast....13 points aganist them in 4 state games..both lines great. Could move the ball at will on anyone. Homecomming would have been running clock if not for 3 or 4 fumbles lost in 1st half.

You lost to Keyser that didn't even make it to the final four of WV playoffs in AA, the greatest, I think not but hope you win State.

You lost to Keyser that didn't even make it to the final four of WV playoffs in AA, the greatest, I think not but hope you win State.
agreed. does anyone think this defense could stop steve trimble and lyle peck for even one series?

That made my morning Lettuce. And the Keyser insert was the best. Sometimes we are all a click from a day long smile.

They Keyser win over FH was the Tornado state championship. It took 2 huge injuries, 2 key fumbles, 14 penalties and the back up QB going 1 for 9 passing to snap the win streak. Everyone knew when the big fullback went down early it was going to hurt. Excuses, excuses. Whatever. You cant always be lucky. But that's how Hampshire beat Keyser I suppose. What comes around goes around.

How about going back and re-reading that post, I'll help you out, it's on page 4. The post clearly asks whether Graves is the best FH quarterback SINCE Mark Manges, you know, that guy you point out that was on the cover of SI. It further says, by the time it's all said and done, meaning by the time he graduates, will he be considered the best since Manges. Think about it, by then, he will most likely have won 2 state titles (most likely), who else has done that? I know a statement like that is bold, but with how he's running the ball and doing a pretty good job passing, my thing is, give him another year, and when it is all said and done, give me the name of a better FH quarterback since Manges.

This board is never short on hyperbole. Just to remind you, a few years ago a lot of people here were saying the teams with the Clay brothers had the best FH backfield of all time.

Reactions: Bubbahead70
I love it when people start putting all these "what ifs" and "never gonna happens" criteria on past situations. lol. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle, until then..she's still my aunt. There have been a lot of good QBs at FH who have never thrown the ball, or had a chance to...possibly because the coaches didn't need to or didn't have the confidence to. I think Matt Calhoun had some of the best receivers at his disposal, probably played tougher teams in the playoffs, but alas, didn't win a title.

If Graves can lead FH to two titles, it puts him in a completely different group.

Nobody is crapping themselves as you say, I enjoy the discussion, it's fun to make outrageous statements and watch the debate. This post was total sarcasm. The Graves post, somewhat sarcasm, but still interesting. You bring up some great names, and I agree with much of what you say. But, I would challenge some of it, maybe not disagree but at least play devils advocate. Brode and Snyder, sure they were playing 3A competition but they were also surrounded by Fort Hill teammates who were plucked from the population of a 3A school. Gavin was awesome, surely one of the best, but Gavin also was playing 2A competition and was surrounded by teammates plucked from the population of a 2A school. Gavin also had Shannon Trimble and Deian Robertson and Noel Adams (2 state high jump champions I believe) to throw to.Is the playbook different, maybe, but Graves isn't throwing any more now than Brode or Palumbo did, probably less. As for Devin Lee, great athlete, I will agree that during his tenure the ball wasn't thrown enough. It's all good, these are all great names, when it's all said and done, however, Graves will have 2 rings and be known as a double threat guy, that is all.

I'm sure he's plenty focused. and for the record, that Graves post was awhile ago, I didn't bring it up, someone else did, incorrectly in fact. Anyone with half a brain can read this original post and figure out it is sarcasm.

If the "pressure" of us never-has-beens on an Internet message board gets to a player, then they probably have other issues to deal with. If he reads this board at all, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Graves doesn't have any rings... yet. Mind you.

However, it's been a long time since a QB has sparked an offense quite the way #10 has. Add into that, that he is a heckuva safety as well, and I think he's a more complete player than most QBs have been in the last decade or so. Athletically, I'd put him in the same conversation as Devin Lee, even though Lee didn't have the same number of opportunities to throw. (They were/are both excellent basketballers, as well).

You're getting too wound up over this, don't read too much into. The whole purpose of this post was to parody the other "who is the greatest posts".....lol, man, they get people worked up. Everyone mentioned thus far is great, in their own way, and lord knows I'm thankful for what they all did. Graves is a baller, no more no less, a bruiser as a runner, nice passer, and smart, smart, smart. I like the kid, we all do, how about we just leave it at that.

Nobody is crapping themselves as you say, I enjoy the discussion, it's fun to make outrageous statements and watch the debate. This post was total sarcasm. The Graves post, somewhat sarcasm, but still interesting. You bring up some great names, and I agree with much of what you say. But, I would challenge some of it, maybe not disagree but at least play devils advocate. Brode and Snyder, sure they were playing 3A competition but they were also surrounded by Fort Hill teammates who were plucked from the population of a 3A school. Gavin was awesome, surely one of the best, but Gavin also was playing 2A competition and was surrounded by teammates plucked from the population of a 2A school. Gavin also had Shannon Trimble and Deian Robertson and Noel Adams (2 state high jump champions I believe) to throw to.Is the playbook different, maybe, but Graves isn't throwing any more now than Brode or Palumbo did, probably less. As for Devin Lee, great athlete, I will agree that during his tenure the ball wasn't thrown enough. It's all good, these are all great names, when it's all said and done, however, Graves will have 2 rings and be known as a double threat guy, that is all.

Deain Robertson was not only a state high jump champion (as a freshman), but he went on to compete in Barcelona, and got 3 place. I don't remember Adams being a high jumper. Steve Stafford was the other high jumper of that class. Both broke the state record, in door and outdoor high jump.

The other weapon that FH team had was Brandon Walker. That's one constant with the great teams on the hill... A great full back

Reactions: wing_left
Devin Lee was a hell of a bowler too. Him and Jeremy Kunis won the state of Maryland doubles championship in 2005. He couldn't bowl for Fort Hill because of basketball.

There have been many athletically talented players and it is fun to debate them but we will simply never know. Its like asking Ali or Tyson(forthillfan89 I still say Ali lol). There is no way to know for sure. Gretzky or Lemieux. Maybe if Lemieux did not get sick he would have been the best but the fact remains he did get sick and he is not the Great One. So when all is said and done history will look at the numbers, not the what if's. Regardless a win this Saturday Means they are the best in 1A this year in Maryland. Good Luck Big Red.

I'll tell you one player I am looking forward to watching is Logan Johnson, he will be a good one under center for FH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT