ADVERTISEMENT

Is this potentially the biggest story of the preseason?

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
I wasn't there, so I didn't see it with my own eyes, and, I realize it's just a scrimmage. But, the buzz I'm getting is that Mountain Ridge handled Southern pretty good in their scrimmage the other day. Is Mountain Ridge, with an addition or two to the roster really that improved? Is Southern not going to be the Beast some have thought they would be? I don't know, anyone have any insight.

I think the answer to your question is that it could be a little of both. I agree that the Ridge really dominated that scrimmage. I know that Southern was trying some different players in different positions on the line of scrimmage trying to determine what depth if any they may have. It really looked like it totally destroyed the timing of their blocking schemes. But give credit to Mt Ridge, they have some BIG boys who played very well. What may be a bigger concern for Southern may have been their defensive performance. Off of a defense that played pretty well last year and only really losing 3 starters, their defense looked uninterested and hesitant. I think they must have been suffering from "Bus-lag" from their trip down the mountain.
Either way , it was only the first scrimmage and Coach Nazelrod has some time to right the ship but Mt Ridge could give some people some trouble this year or at least end with a winning record. I predict 6-4. As for Southern, better get back to blocking or tackling or it will be a disappointing season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT