ADVERTISEMENT

If Alco beats Dunbar.........

Some good stuff came out of this game for Alco. They have their swagger back. Maybe to overzealous at times with all the penalties. At the end of the game when Alco scores their last touchdown. That was gut check time and Alco punched it in the endzone. If you don't score there and go back up by 2 TDs, I think Alco loses the game. But when push came to shove Alco took care of business. The win is a big mojo booster and a helluva spring board for the rest of the season. You send a message to the rest of 1a, "Dunbar may be back, but so is Alco and we are badder." Also it doesn't hurt that you beat your arch rival's primary antagonist in state title games.

Some good stuff came out of this game for Alco. They have their swagger back. Maybe to overzealous at times with all the penalties. At the end of the game when Alco scores their last touchdown. That was gut check time and Alco punched it in the endzone. If you don't score there and go back up by 2 TDs, I think Alco loses the game. But when push came to shove Alco took care of business. The win is a big mojo booster and a helluva spring board for the rest of the season. You send a message to the rest of 1a, "Dunbar may be back, but so is Alco and we are badder." Also it doesn't hurt that you beat your arch rival's primary antagonist in state title games.
yep, the same primary antagonist that put the state record for points on ya' in a state final game.

yep, the same primary antagonist that put the state record for points on ya' in a state final game.
Dude who cares???Alco also broke the record for the most points scored by a losing team in that State championship game... Dunbar was the better team that yr.thats all, no excuses... Tavon Austin was 2 much for us as he was for the big red...

Last edited:
Reactions: GenSneaky
Yep, the same team that has handed you most of your state record number of losses in the finals.

Dude who cares???Alco also broke the record for the most points scored by a losing team in that State championship game... Dunbar was the better team that yr.thats all, no excuses... Tavon Austin was 2 much for us as he was for the big red...

Allegany set that record because when Dunbar was up by three tds in the 4th qtr, they substituted. Allegany kept their starters in in an attempt to make the game seem closer than it was. Shame on Foley for not getting subs in when the game was out of reach and let those kids say one day that they played in a professional stadium.

Reactions: SS610
If you think last night's Dunbar team was the same as the one FH faced in the finals :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It was the same Dunbar team FH wouldn't schedule. Dunbar and FH were both open week 6, FH did not give Dunbar an answer. It's obvious now FH handpicks teams that are down to play

Allegany got the contract done quick with Dunbar, they said let's play. FH did not Truth. FH will play a DC school made up of Sophomores and Freshman tho.

Reactions: Big Campers Fan
Don't forget the time we lost to them in the semis as well. Dunbar has our (FH) number for sure. It will be interesting to see Alco does against them going forward, should they meet up in the playoffs in the next few years.

Allegany set that record because when Dunbar was up by three tds in the 4th qtr, they substituted. Allegany kept their starters in in an attempt to make the game seem closer than it was. Shame on Foley for not getting subs in when the game was out of reach and let those kids say one day that they played in a professional stadium.

The reason Fort Hill set that record is because Appel couldn't figure out whether to kick an extra point or go for two and fort hill couldn't make a stop on the goal line. But at least they got to play in a professional stadium.

Agreed, way tooooooo much Tavon.

Reactions: camper21502
Do you mean the D.C school who would stomp a mud hole in Dunbar? Stupid to compare privates to Publics.

Friendship Collegiate is private? They aren't very good this year with Freshman and Sophomores in the skilled positions. Why do you think FH is, playing them. FH wouldn't have played last year's experience Friendship Collegiate or would they play Harve De Grace or Dunbar this year. By the way I think it was red who made the stupid statement about Dunbar. I was just saying it is the same Dunbar team that FH didn't get back to because they did not want to play them

Reactions: OneRing
What dumb statement did Red make about Dunbar? How do you know Fort Hill did not want to play Dunbar? Have you talked to either Todd about the situation with the scheduling or are you going off of what you read and heard? Basically my question is do you have proof to back up your statement?

You were implying FH won't play Dunbar but they will cherry pick a young team is FCA. FCA is a better team than Dunbar, so not sure what your point with that was. FH ended up with the tougher game out of the situation...If I misunderstood your comment, my mistake. Either way FH got the tougher opponent out of the situation

Nobody is going to look good against Dematha unless they're a national power.

I was wrong about FCA being Private. They're a charter school, still draws in more talent than publics while still having 3A school size. I'm Looking forward to see how FH tries to handle the 3* WR going to MD 6'4 205. Freak athlete

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT