ADVERTISEMENT

I know it's early but some upcoming 2018 thoughts and predictions?

Sorry, for late response. Every FH fan that has a clue about football including many Baltimore Sun posters picked Allegany over Dunbar. They know their poets don’t start the season as well greased as Allegany. Maybe that’s your problem, you are hanging around the wrong people to talk football. There were fort hill fans on here that picked you guys. I told my family you guys would win. I just don’t think you understand the difference in week 1 and week 14. And you may never learn if you can’t get out of your region. Or can you look back far enough when you got spanked by Dunbar in a title game. You should feel lucky FH and Allegany were in different classifications for so long. With the record you have against us head to head you wouldn’t have 8. The difference is I’m proud of your 8 but it burns you it only took us 4 years to put a dent in that lead.
Yep and the same ppl that have Alco losing in Baltimore next yr. will change their tune again if the Campers win. It will be the same story. They lost their best players or week 1 doesn't count.. They can't use the homefield advantage excuse so I wonder what they will have to replace it??

Sorry, for late response. Every FH fan that has a clue about football including many Baltimore Sun posters picked Allegany over Dunbar. They know their poets don’t start the season as well greased as Allegany. Maybe that’s your problem, you are hanging around the wrong people to talk football. There were fort hill fans on here that picked you guys. I told my family you guys would win. I just don’t think you understand the difference in week 1 and week 14. And you may never learn if you can’t get out of your region. Or can you look back far enough when you got spanked by Dunbar in a title game. You should feel lucky FH and Allegany were in different classifications for so long. With the record you have against us head to head you wouldn’t have 8. The difference is I’m proud of your 8 but it burns you it only took us 4 years to put a dent in that lead.
Every year Alco won a state title they beat FH that same season before going on to win states, so why wouldn't they have 8?

Reactions: OneRing
Every year Alco won a state title they beat FH that same season before going on to win states, so why wouldn't they have 8?

I've always wondered this, too.

I can see that if FH and Alco were always in the same class for 30+ years how FH could have more titles than they currently have, absolutely. Especially in the 90's and early/mid 2000's.

But it's a pretty basic concept - unless I'm wrong about one or two years, every time we won a title we beat FH in Homecoming a few weeks prior to that. So whether FH was in the same class that year or not, it wouldn't have mattered. 8 titles = 8 titles either way you slice it.

We were lucky at Alco, though... for years, we had (Fort Hill grad) Dr. Gary Hendrickson for all higher level math classes (stats, calc, trig, etc.) so idk, maybe that's the difference here.

Relaaaaaaaax just kidding lol

I'd be a little cloudy at 4:27 in the a.m. myself here.. but just in case you've missed it:

Every year Alco won a state title, Alco beat FH in Homecoming. That has nothing to do with FH being in 3A while Alco was in 2A, FH in 2A while Alco was in 1A, who was coaching, who was playing, the weather, who covered the game for the Times-News, luck, or whether or not it was a leap year.

Alco would still in fact have 8 titles.

If FH were in the same class as Alco all these years, then FH, I believe, would have more titles than they currently do.

*Sidenote - none of the info above takes anything away from either programs accomplishments, especially FHs recent run of success, which I don't believe has anything to do with classification. You play in the class you play in according to school size, and you either win or lose. That's it.

Is it really that hard?

Reactions: camper21502
I'd be a little cloudy at 4:27 in the a.m. myself here.. but just in case you've missed it:

Every year Alco won a state title, Alco beat FH in Homecoming. That has nothing to do with FH being in 3A while Alco was in 2A, FH in 2A while Alco was in 1A, who was coaching, who was playing, the weather, who covered the game for the Times-News, luck, or whether or not it was a leap year.

Alco would still in fact have 8 titles.

If FH were in the same class as Alco all these years, then FH, I believe, would have more titles than they currently do.

*Sidenote - none of the info above takes anything away from either programs accomplishments, especially FHs recent run of success, which I don't believe has anything to do with classification. You play in the class you play in according to school size, and you either win or lose. That's it.

Is it really that hard?
Someone finally said everything that needed to be said.

Someone finally said everything that needed to be said.

I appreciate the vote of confidence here, hbpass2...

Like I said above, and always have, FH and Alco both have great programs with great traditions, a lot of state titles, great history of players and coaches, angry fans on both sides (lol) etc.

FH has been on a heck of a run the past few years, and it's all well deserved. Great coaching staff, great players, getting the kids to college whether they play ball or not, all good stuff.

Alco on the other hand certainly has a good program and good tradition too, but we're still rebuilding. FH did a rebuild starting about 10 years ago with Lattimer resigning and Todd taking over, so we're hoping that Hansel taking over will help us get back to where we'd like to be.

What I don't get is, being provoked aside, what either side of town really has to complain about? Like I said, we're still rebuilding and hoping to make progress. FH has been killing it for a number of years now on a consistent basis. So other than having an angry fan give you crap for something and then you responding to them directly, what's everyone crying about?

I cant believe you admit that Fort Hill didnt get better from week one until the end of the season.
Explains losing, though, doesn't it.
It's nice seeing you so happy that Fort Hill has finally found success scraping the bottom of the football barrel. Imagine all your crying if Cumberland hadnt rotted away and Fort Hill still had to play in 2A or 3A.
One Ring this is what we get when the fans of a "win at all costs" program don't get their lollipop. Allegany had their 6th 2A title in 1991, 18 years after the MD play-offs began. FH got their 6th title 43 years after the play-offs began....25 years later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT