ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Ballboy..................

He was also down at the yard marker calling out blocking assignments and defensive alignments to the offense. Notice how their QB kept looking over towards him before taking the snap. You can do that from the coaching box...but not the 10 yard line.

him being down inside the 10 was crazy just another thing the officiating crew completely missed or failed to enforce

First of all in today's world you couldn't pay me to be a ref, they truly do have a difficult task every time they step on a field, however, these refs last night just seemed hesitant in making calls that were so obvious. It was like they were 1-2 seconds behind the play, and then there was always a discussion like they were in court. Again, hats off to all you refs out there, it takes a special type of person to put up with us big mouth fans who think we can see a play better from 400feet than you all can from 20feet, that reminds me, gotta get my new glasses before the trip down state.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Yes, I agree pretty cheap, funny how the "ballboy" was basically allowed anyplace on the field. During pregame the "ballboy" pretty much led the show as if he were a "coach". I'll be a monkey's uncle if that guy was an official "ballboy".

After the second Forestville TD. The ref on tv stated...no td...first and goal on the 2. The Knight were lighting up to go for 2! Then he corrected himself. You think they would want the best refs for playoff games!

I just don't ever want to hear a fan scream "you better hurry to your car after the game!"

I'm sure he had to have heard it, but I know all the fans in section A heard it. Most importantly the children are hearing it!

On a brighter note... Calls started going our way after THAT!

The "ballboy" was coaching on the sidelines, but he did stop after the refs warned him the second time. From the Forestville side you couldn't hear clearly what was being said on the other side. Somebody who was on the FH side explained the "ballboy" stuff to me at halftime. When are bands ever allowed to perform during football games except in dead ball situations.

Technically bands shouldn't play during the cadence or ensuing play ever. It's just hardly ever addressed. Funny enough, when the band was told to stop playing the crowd ended up being twice as loud as the band was in the first place.

Technically bands shouldn't play during the cadence or ensuing play ever. It's just hardly ever addressed. Funny enough, when the band was told to stop playing the crowd ended up being twice as loud as the band was in the first place.

Be clear, it's not addressed at Greenway. It's enforced everywhere else in the state.

Any coach can have a band stop playing when his team has the ball. I always thought that it was a fair rule.

I have to bring this up. Has anyone been to Martinsburg and have their team driving toward the end zone where their band sits? There's no way you can even hear yourself think, plus the Officials will flag you if you request that they stop playing!!!!

Be clear, it's not addressed at Greenway. It's enforced everywhere else in the state.

It hasn't been enforced in any other FH away game I was at in the last I don't know how many years. Last two years both FH and Surrattsville bands played their faces off during the whole game. Not addressed.

In fact, the last time I remember it being addressed was at Greenway, I want to say in the late 90s early 00's during the playoffs.

If the coach makes the request, then the band will stop. Pretty simple.

Boonsboro Made a big deal about it a few years ago.

Was it Boonsboro who had the loud truck horn they kept blowing in the playoff game against Mountain Ridge back in 2011? Something about a truck that was parked near the stadium, I just remember the MR people being ticked about something of that nature.

But I did get clarification from a referee at the FH game the other night, when the band was asked to stop playing...I said to him "I'm surprised they don't say something about the horn" his reply was, that's not school sanctioned, there's little they can do about that.
I will say though, the horn guy doesn't blow his horn during plays or cadences, so that's kind of moot.

I want to say that it is Brunswick that has a train horn but I am not certain about that. It was funny when he keep blowing it over Monzel trying to announce though.Iit was perfect timing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT