ADVERTISEMENT

HERE ARE THE FACTS!

WeHave8

All State Poster
Sep 26, 2001
I will start in 2005 when FH dropped down to Class 1A. 2005: FH loses to Alco. Snow Hill beats Dunbar in Semi's. Alco beats Snow Hill in Title Game.
2006: Dunbar beats FH in Title Game
2007: Alco beats FH, Dunbar beats Alco in Title Game
2008: Dunbar beats FH in Title Game
2009: Catoctin beats Joppatowne for Title, beats Dunbar in Semi's Alco beats FH in Region
2010: Dunbar beats FH in Semi's, Wins state title.
2011: Perryville beats FH in Semi's, Dunbar beats Perryville in Title Game
2012: FH loses to Brunswick in play-offs, Dunbar beats Brunswick 40-8, Beats Havre De Grace for Title.
* 2013: DUNBAR GOES TO 2A: FH wins title
* 2014: DUNBAR LOSES IN 2A TITLE GAME: FH wins title
* 2015: DUNBAR LOSES IN 2A Play-offs: FH wins title
* 2016: DUNBAR LOSES IN 2A Play-offs: FH wins title
2017: DUNBAR RETURNS TO 1A: Beats FH in Title Game
2018: Douglass beats Dunbar, FH beats Douglass in title game
2019: Catoctin beats FH 41-0, beats Dunbar in title game 31-8
2020: No Play-Offs
* 2021: DUNBAR FORCED UP IN 1A/2A class, Wins Title, Defeats 3A/4A state champ Mervo during season
FH wins 1A title
IN 12 YEARS WITH FH AND DUNBAR BEING IN THE SAME CLASS, FH HAS ONE STATE TITLE! 5 OF THE 6 WERE WON WHEN DUNBAR WAS OUT OF THE
CLASS.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
How many times has Alco played Dunbar to win a state title? ONCE, and that game still holds the record for most points ever scored in a championship game. I can assure you with 100% certainty if Alco had played Dunbar 6 times your username would not be WeHave8.

People in glass houses.

Yes, thanks for affirming that Dunbar is a great football program. I think this year's title gives Dunbar 11, which is only one off from the Maryland record of 12 by Seneca Valley. Which is even more impressive when you consider that Baltimore City did not join the MPSSAA until much later in the process.

Last edited:
The fact is: WeHave8 can only rag on FH because his team has become irrelevant in the discussion of state championships and has been for 16 years. These kids winning a title for FH weren't even in preschool yet the last time Alco won a title.

The fact is: WeHave8 can only rag on FH because his team has become irrelevant in the discussion of state championships and has been for 16 years. These kids winning a title for FH weren't even in preschool yet the last time Alco won a title.
LMAO This wasn't even the traditional weak 1A FH won. FH can put "Special Covid-class 1A State Champions" on their banner and hang it next to their "unified track state championship" banners.

And your team can't even win in a weak Covid year. You do realize the more you take shots against what FH has accomplished, all you do is further show how far your team has fallen into irrelevancy? 16 years man.

It's been so long that Ben Tate is now 33 years old and retired from the NFL.

Life must suck. His username is now irrelevant around here. LMAO.
817PQU-xvuL.png

FH has doubled the amount of titles
LMAO This wasn't even the traditional weak 1A FH won. FH can put "Special Covid-class 1A State Champions" on their banner and hang it next to their "unified track state championship" banners.
I actually agree with you about how weak 1 A football is but it’s not FHs fault what the MPSSAA does or how bad these teams are including allegany. But if Dunbar being in the same classification is the only way that you get respect for winning a title, FH has done that twice as much as alco.

I actually agree with you about how weak 1 A football is but it’s not FHs fault what the MPSSAA does or how bad these teams are including allegany. But if Dunbar being in the same classification is the only way that you get respect for winning a title, FH has done that twice as much as alco.
Good point. But 1A football is not all of the sudden weak. It's been weak since the playoffs started in 1974 if you want to compare 1A to a higher class standard. If anything Dunbar and FH elevated the level of 1A to a place it never was. Even funnier is that FH is now near the bottom of the 1A enrollment list.

Put it this way, Maryland Class 1A is better than WV Class 2A.

Why do we always have to look for the negative in something? Can't we just congratulate the young men for completing an undefeated season and winning a State Championship? Especially after losing a teammate during the season the way they did.

Mervo won a State Championship this weekend after losing a teammate nearly a month after sustaining an injury during one of their games this season.

Great ways to honor their fallen teammates. :)

Good point. But 1A football is not all of the sudden weak. It's been weak since the playoffs started in 1974 if you want to compare 1A to a higher class standard. If anything Dunbar and FH elevated the level of 1A to a place it never was. Even funnier is that FH is now near the bottom of the 1A enrollment list.

Put it this way, Maryland Class 1A is better than WV Class 2A.
Who cares about WVA. IT took FH 8 years and a Dunbarless 1A to win in 1A.

How many times has Alco played Dunbar to win a state title? ONCE, and that game still holds the record for most points ever scored in a championship game. I can assure you with 100% certainty if Alco had played Dunbar 6 times your username would not be WeHave8.

People in glass houses.

Yes, thanks for affirming that Dunbar is a great football program. I think this year's title gives Dunbar 11, which is only one off from the Maryland record of 12 by Seneca Valley. Which is even more impressive when you consider that Baltimore City did not join the MPSSAA until much later in the process.
Why? cause they whacked FH. Alegany has beaten the Damascus's and tough teams in the finals, not the Douglass duckies and Havre De Graces

Why? cause they whacked FH. Alegany has beaten the Damascus's and tough teams in the finals, not the Douglass duckies and Havre De Graces
Chill guy, just change your name to “OUR8COUNTS”, maybe after next year… “OURSMULTIx2”… and THAT my friend will buy you 7 more years of superiority!!!

You know you are only making your school look bad when you are saying how weak it is but your school has been playing in that same class and they can't win anything. After all these years that fh has been winning their titles in this weak class your school has been stuck on 8. If your school was so great why is it that fh is winning the titles and your school isn't? Maybe we should have had a special covid-class 1a division 2 for a school who has lost to fh like 15 times in a row and most of those were blowouts. Not only can't you beat FH but now you are only third best in the area. Keep putting down fh and that just pushes your second rate team down further and further.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Why would I make my school look bad. Allegany won their 8th title 16 years ago. You need to get out of Virginia more. I can only assume that you are one of the old school FH guys that stood at the fence line and watch FH choke it up in the upper classes of the play-offs for all those years. That fact must be lost on you. As far as being stuck on 8 for 16 years, that is much better than being stuck on 2 for 16 years 1997-2013. Do you agree? Did you read my post above. Remember, as I stated a few years back on this board. Alco didnt need to drop to the lowest class possible for any sustained success like FH did. And now, unbelievably, FH dropped even lower in class. Alco holds the record for most titles and title game appearances in class 2A. As far as MT.Ridge goes, they had a successful season and were a good team. But, they will not have such success year after year. By the way Sir, it isn't Alco students getting stabbed to death after school. GFY.

At least you've made progress - you've realized that Alco is no longer relevant to state title discussions and have relegated yourself to throwing jabs at teams in your classification that actually are relevant. Hang onto those glory days, as long as you remember the successes you used to have you can still call yourself a champion.

Why would I make my school look bad. Allegany won their 8th title 16 years ago. You need to get out of Virginia more. I can only assume that you are one of the old school FH guys that stood at the fence line and watch FH choke it up in the upper classes of the play-offs for all those years. That fact must be lost on you. As far as being stuck on 8 for 16 years, that is much better than being stuck on 2 for 16 years 1997-2013. Do you agree? Did you read my post above. Remember, as I stated a few years back on this board. Alco didnt need to drop to the lowest class possible for any sustained success like FH did. And now, unbelievably, FH dropped even lower in class. Alco holds the record for most titles and title game appearances in class 2A. As far as MT.Ridge goes, they had a successful season and were a good team. But, they will not have such success year after year. By the way Sir, it isn't Alco students getting stabbed to death after school. GFY.
A teammate getting stabbed to death is nothing to make smartass comments about and u gotta be a special class low life piece of crap to make comments like that especially when ur adult and u hide behind a keyboard why don’t u go say something like that on FB and see what kind of response u get the people in this country and I guarantee it won’t just be FH people bashing u for ur comments and as far as ur comments about fh football and allegany football with all ur stats about who won what, where and when let me leave u with and old time saying that fans basically only care about WHAT HAVE DONE FOR ME LATEY!!!

You would make your school look bad because you are an idiot. Alco can't win a title in this classification because they suck, they are the third best school in the area. Your team has been out of it for weeks why are you on here? If you were happy with your 8 you wouldn't need to be bashing FH. Just fyi, nova is a tv program you moron. Lastly, you are never beating FH again and you will not beat MR again because they have risen above you too so as far as their future success once again you are living in the past and that past is Allegany was good when FH wasn't and that's how they won their titles.

Reactions: Dwj21
we have been thru this 100 times. Allegany made a living playing lower class crap while FH was always placed in a higher class for 30 years. now that are in the same class its no contest. If FH was in the same class as Alco since 1975 Big Red would have the state record 14 titles. Alco never beat Dunbar for a title EVER so what is the OP talking about? people like Coach Gilmore built a reputation based on playing squat. alco would never beat Dunbar for a title, EVER.

we have been thru this 100 times. Allegany made a living playing lower class crap while FH was always placed in a higher class for 30 years. now that are in the same class its no contest. If FH was in the same class as Alco since 1975 Big Red would have the state record 14 titles. Alco never beat Dunbar for a title EVER so what is the OP talking about? people like Coach Gilmore built a reputation based on playing squat. alco would never beat Dunbar for a title, EVER.
This is Simply Not True, The Years Alco Won State Titles They Also Beat Fort Hill
They played Great Schedules Most of Those Years as well.
I wish The old BigBlueReview Page was still alive to get all of this info

This is Simply Not True, The Years Alco Won State Titles They Also Beat Fort Hill
They played Great Schedules Most of Those Years as well.
I wish The old BigBlueReview Page was still alive to get all of this info
But Alco never beat Dunbar to win a title which according to the orig poster is the measuring stick. So to see someone cry that someone else didn't either is actually quite funny. if Alco had played Dunbar 6 times like FH they would only have maybe 4 titles. But it is true FH was most of the time prior to the new milennium in a higher classification. so their opponents to win a title were always much tougher.

higher class competition > lower class competition

its also true 63-32-4

I will start in 2005 when FH dropped down to Class 1A. 2005: FH loses to Alco. Snow Hill beats Dunbar in Semi's. Alco beats Snow Hill in Title Game.
2006: Dunbar beats FH in Title Game
2007: Alco beats FH, Dunbar beats Alco in Title Game
2008: Dunbar beats FH in Title Game
2009: Catoctin beats Joppatowne for Title, beats Dunbar in Semi's Alco beats FH in Region
2010: Dunbar beats FH in Semi's, Wins state title.
2011: Perryville beats FH in Semi's, Dunbar beats Perryville in Title Game
2012: FH loses to Brunswick in play-offs, Dunbar beats Brunswick 40-8, Beats Havre De Grace for Title.
* 2013: DUNBAR GOES TO 2A: FH wins title
* 2014: DUNBAR LOSES IN 2A TITLE GAME: FH wins title
* 2015: DUNBAR LOSES IN 2A Play-offs: FH wins title
* 2016: DUNBAR LOSES IN 2A Play-offs: FH wins title
2017: DUNBAR RETURNS TO 1A: Beats FH in Title Game
2018: Douglass beats Dunbar, FH beats Douglass in title game
2019: Catoctin beats FH 41-0, beats Dunbar in title game 31-8
2020: No Play-Offs
* 2021: DUNBAR FORCED UP IN 1A/2A class, Wins Title, Defeats 3A/4A state champ Mervo during season
FH wins 1A title
IN 12 YEARS WITH FH AND DUNBAR BEING IN THE SAME CLASS, FH HAS ONE STATE TITLE! 5 OF THE 6 WERE WON WHEN DUNBAR WAS OUT OF THE
CLASS.
A lot of it was also coincidence. Fort Hill had some incredible teams right when Dunbar went to 2a. Plus Fort Hill would have beat them in 2018 easily.

if we want to pull up the teams Alco played to win a title vs the teams FH played to win a title since 1974 the difference would be night and day. higher classification was huge. Measuring the years FH has been in the same class as Alco they own the state title battle count. it was only the years they were in a higher class that made the difference.

I never understood why Alco people root against Fort Hill and Fort Hill people root against Alco. I love Fort Hill it’s my school but i root for Alco against everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT