ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime Dunbar 32-6

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Dunbar has a really good rounded team. Size, speed, power runners, fast runners, a good qb and very good big receivers.

Last edited:
I watch the game and I wasn’t as impressed with Dunbar. I think Mountain Ridge crushes South Carol 10 out of 10 times
I'm going to say this as gently as I know how. No matter how unimpressed anybody is with Dunbar FH is not beating them until something drastic changes. I have watched them do just enough to beat FH over and over again. It's like a cat playing with a mouse, they seem to just be on cruise control until they feel like ending it and then they turn it on. They rarely get challenged and even though FH puts up a tough fight maybe it just takes them a while to adjust to actually being in a game, but they never look like they are not in complete control. I say enjoy today and be thankful and grateful for this team and our coaches because if the classifications go back to 4 FH isn't winning any more until Dunbar moves back up to 2A.

Reactions: OneRing and WeHave8
I'm going to say this as gently as I know how. No matter how unimpressed anybody is with Dunbar FH is not beating them until something drastic changes. I have watched them do just enough to beat FH over and over again. It's like a cat playing with a mouse, they seem to just be on cruise control until they feel like ending it and then they turn it on. They rarely get challenged and even though FH puts up a tough fight maybe it just takes them a while to adjust to actually being in a game, but they never look like they are not in complete control. I say enjoy today and be thankful and grateful for this team and our coaches because if the classifications go back to 4 FH isn't winning any more until Dunbar moves back up to 2A.
Like in 2018 or 2019? Never automatically hand titles over without playing the game. FH and Dunbar would be a dream match up this year and everyone knows it. Both of them would be a tough out for any public school in the state.

Like in 2018 or 2019? Never automatically hand titles over without playing the game. FH and Dunbar would be a dream match up this year and everyone knows it. Both of them would be a tough out for any public school in the state.
It’s funny that you say that Fort Hill would not beat dunbar. They lost before they could get to the championship game a couple years ago. Fort Hill easily beat the team that beat them. let’s face it today proved that Fort Hill can pass the ball extremely well if they need to. I stand by what I said. South Carroll was a mediocre team at best.

Reactions: Dwj21
I agree.

I was probably more impressed with Dunbar than any other team I saw play today.

I know Linganore and Northern are good, but I especially wasn’t impressed with Linganore’s offense or their secondary. It seemed as if the Lancers had one offensive running play.

While I never like to compare scores, I can’t forget that Oakdale lost to Linganore in OT when both teams scored 50+ points, and FH beat Oakdale 42-7.

Just because QO and Wise are 4A schools, I will give them the nod as #1 and #2 in MD publics, but I honestly have to put Dunbar and FH at #3 and #4. Keep in mind, 4A Old Mill made it to the quarter finals and lost to FH 28-13 back in September.

I certainly think MR is a top ten-twelve team among MD public schools, too.

Last edited:
I don’t mean to be extremely critical but your rationale seems extremely silly to me. That’s like saying Dunbar will never beat Catoctin. as far as I know they have played for two state championship games and Catoctin has beaten them both times. It doesn’t really prove anything when the next year comes. I wish Dunbar was good enough to play Fort Hill in the finals a couple years ago too but the fact is they weren’t

Last edited:
Fort Hill would've smacked Dunbar around in 2018. And they pretty much had them the year before in spite of the play calling stuff in the 2nd half if it weren't for a 80+ yard screen pass on 3rd and whatever.

Dunbar may have had a few down years, but this years team is good. FH/Dunbar would be a close high scoring game.

Give them all a participation trophy because that is what it was this year. Maryland changed their playoff...why?? PA and WVA didn't. Let's keep Dunbar and FH both happy by declaring them both champions...plus, it gives the state more income by having more playoffs and champs.

Reactions: WeHave8
Give them all a participation trophy because that is what it was this year. Maryland changed their playoff...why?? PA and WVA didn't. Let's keep Dunbar and FH both happy by declaring them both champions...plus, it gives the state more income by having more playoffs and champs.
The MPSSAA football playoff system for 2021 was set up for COVID. Before the season started, the concern was that some teams may only get to play 2-3 games and there was no way to determine a point system that did not eliminate these teams.

COVID created weird situations in sports. South Charleston is the 2020 WV Class AAA state champion after having only played one game in the post season. I doubt Martinsburg agrees with it.

But I do agree that next year Maryland needs to go back to 4 classes. It's a system I like where 8 of 12 teams in the region make the playoffs. If you are not one of those 8 teams, you do not deserve one of those spots. Even crazier is that those teams don't even want one of those spots.

I don’t mean to be extremely critical but your rationale seems extremely silly to me. That’s like saying Dunbar will never beat Catoctin. as far as I know they have played for two state championship games and Catoctin has beaten them both times. It doesn’t really prove anything when the next year comes. I wish Dunbar was good enough to play Fort Hill in the finals a couple years ago too but the fact is they weren’t

I think Catoctin has played Dunbar 3 times, in the past 15 years anyway, and are 2-1 against them. They got smoked by Dunbar Austin's senior year, then played a fantastic 13-12 game in the semi's the year they won their first title. Two years ago they smoked Dunbar for their 2nd title. Catoctin is also 1-1 against FH, again as far as I know, exchanging blowouts.

It’s funny that you say that Fort Hill would not beat dunbar. They lost before they could get to the championship game a couple years ago. Fort Hill easily beat the team that beat them. let’s face it today proved that Fort Hill can pass the ball extremely well if they need to. I stand by what I said. South Carroll was a mediocre team at best.
It's funny that you think FH could beat Dunbar. Yes, in 1997 FH beat Dunbar, since then they haven't and I don't think they ever will again. No matter how good FH has been and how close they have kept it and how many what ifs it just doesn't happen. When the shoes on the other foot FH people say until MR beats us there is no reason to think they can, and that is the same way I feel about FH beating Dunbar. If you do the same thing over and over and think the result is going to be different then you are delusional. What FH does Dunbar can handle, they have our number.

Reactions: OneRing and WeHave8
It's funny that you think FH could beat Dunbar. Yes, in 1997 FH beat Dunbar, since then they haven't and I don't think they ever will again. No matter how good FH has been and how close they have kept it and how many what ifs it just doesn't happen. When the shoes on the other foot FH people say until MR beats us there is no reason to think they can, and that is the same way I feel about FH beating Dunbar. If you do the same thing over and over and think the result is going to be different then you are delusional. What FH does Dunbar can handle, they have our number.
The difference? Fort Hill has whipped Mtn. Ridge's ass year in year out for 15+ years now. Even in the big games when both teams are good, it's a blowout..

Fort Hill has what? 3 one score losses to Dunbar in that same timeframe. But all because a couple bad bounces and heartbreakers you just pack it in on beating Dunbar at any point.

The MPSSAA football playoff system for 2021 was set up for COVID. Before the season started, the concern was that some teams may only get to play 2-3 games and there was no way to determine a point system that did not eliminate these teams.

COVID created weird situations in sports. South Charleston is the 2020 WV Class AAA state champion after having only played one game in the post season. I doubt Martinsburg agrees with it.

But I do agree that next year Maryland needs to go back to 4 classes. It's a system I like where 8 of 12 teams in the region make the playoffs. If you are not one of those 8 teams, you do not deserve one of those spots. Even crazier is that those teams don't even want one of those spots.
But covid was present in WVA and PA and other states...but let MD change things and give them a participation trophy

Reactions: WeHave8
The difference? Fort Hill has whipped Mtn. Ridge's ass year in year out for 15+ years now. Even in the big games when both teams are good, it's a blowout..

Fort Hill has what? 3 one score losses to Dunbar in that same timeframe. But all because a couple bad bounces and heartbreakers you just pack it in on beating Dunbar at any point.
Always an excuse and never just "they are better than us". The only way FH is beating Dunbar is if they get a bad coach. I know FH's limitations and I've got no reason to think FH is going to get an influx in population and more boys to choose from, whereas Dunbar only gets bigger and then drops back down occasionally. A loss is a loss my friend, single digits or a blowout.

Always an excuse and never just "they are better than us". The only way FH is beating Dunbar is if they get a bad coach. I know FH's limitations and I've got no reason to think FH is going to get an influx in population and more boys to choose from, whereas Dunbar only gets bigger and then drops back down occasionally. A loss is a loss my friend, single digits or a blowout.
you are a real Dunbar fanboy. i hope they pay you some money on the side.🤣

This has probably been answered in the past, but is NOVA a FH Graduate or not? Want to understand his context...

I just want to point out again that Catoctin is 2-1 against Dunbar. Took having a top 10 pick for Dunbar to beat them the first time. It was fun watching them run Dunbar up and down the field in the championship game in '19. Can't lie though, it was much more fun listening to the crickets from the visitor section after all those FH fans drove two hours to watch their team total about -15 yards in the 1st half at Catoctin. Especially with how LOUD this board was leading up to that coaches retirement game.

But seriously, all in fun. I just like to show up once every 4-5 years to stir the pot. It may be another 10 years or so before Catoctin can put together a team to play with either of them again, if not longer. To reiterate though, Cat has a winning record against Dunbar. 🤦‍♂️🤣

Reactions: OneRing
I just want to point out again that Catoctin is 2-1 against Dunbar. Took having a top 10 pick for Dunbar to beat them the first time. It was fun watching them run Dunbar up and down the field in the championship game in '19. Can't lie though, it was much more fun listening to the crickets from the visitor section after all those FH fans drove two hours to watch their team total about -15 yards in the 1st half at Catoctin. Especially with how LOUD this board was leading up to that coaches retirement game.

But seriously, all in fun. I just like to show up once every 4-5 years to stir the pot. It may be another 10 years or so before Catoctin can put together a team to play with either of them again, if not longer. To reiterate though, Cat has a winning record against Dunbar. 🤦‍♂️🤣
I think FH had 7 fumbles lost that day. It was the ugliest game by FH in 20 years.

I think FH had 7 fumbles lost that day. It was the ugliest game by FH in 20 years.
The opponent is so much better, they make the team look and play ugly. That’s what ppl say when FH beats a good team she it’s true. The fumbles, the ugliness was from playing a better more superior team that absolutely manhandled FH

Reactions: OneRing
The opponent is so much better, they make the team look and play ugly. That’s what ppl say when FH beats a good team she it’s true. The fumbles, the ugliness was from playing a better more superior team that absolutely manhandled FH
Would argue it was from playing and coaching with absolutely sense of urgency after getting down minutes into 1st Q. And then just straight up quiting after a certain point. But that's just what I saw on the night.

Agree. fh wasn't beating catoctin that day or any day or anywhere. but I think it could have been better than 40-0.

But seriously, all in fun. I just like to show up once every 4-5 years to stir the pot. It may be another 10 years or so before Catoctin can put together a team to play with either of them again, if not longer. To reiterate though, Cat has a winning record against Dunbar. 🤦‍♂️
Just the year before the 2018 beat that ass 55-0. Hard to believe there was a 96 point turnaround
I remember the year that Fort Hill beat catoctin 56 to nothing that Catoctin thought they had a good chance at winning. Same exact thing the next year where Fort Hill people thought they would win. looking back. Both scores were probably on exaggeration of what’s the score should’ve been.

I promise you no public school in the state would have beaten FH badly except maybe wise and QO. The D was too fast and good and the O got better each week and let’s not forget Danny King. Again I said badly. FH would have lost to others I’m sure but not the ass kicking alco was dealt by Dunbar or FH by Catoctin. IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT