ADVERTISEMENT

Great game at Southern

kkram

Junior Varsity Poster
Nov 5, 2014
I know this all about varsity football and I understand that but what a great freshman game at SHS last night. I have been around a lot of football but I really can't remember a more physical game at the freshman level. #32 & #12 for Alco are very big and strong runners. #7, the QB for Southern is very athletic and tough on both sides of the ball. If both freshman classes progress, the future is bright for both schools.

Southern 12-0. Southern got a cheap one with a fumble recovery in end zone with under a minute to go. I agree with the comment about #7 from Southern. Don't know if it's true but they say baseball is his best sport. Switch hitting catcher who may be a starter there as a freshman.

Reactions: everyones-an-expert
Is the Allegany freshman good? I follow scores and see that they have put up some good numbers on the scoreboard. I assume #32 and #12 was who's names were in the paper today, I see their names almost every game .

I have seen all of Southerns freshmen/ JV games & this Alco team was the best yet. I also believe that they defeated Fort Hills freshmen team earlier this year but someone told me that Fort Hill had moved some freshmen up to JV. I know Alco plays hard and they are very aggressive. #32 & #12 are very good on both sides of the ball and their QB#7 is a nice player also.

Question for kkram, does this team have shophmores or are they all freshman?

Answer for alco65, they are all freshmen. They do play a JV schedule also but they only start one sophomore on offense and none on defense @ their JV games. There are 11 sophomores on varsity with 6 of them starting somewhere. Towpath94 is the only player moved to JV a starting running back there? Was #34, I believe, on last years' Patriot team?

yes the starting RB. Since it's a positive thing I'll just say who it is. Carter Swann. I forget what number he was last year.

Thanks, I thought that was the players' name. How are the Fort Hill JV's doing this year? Saw the freshmen had a big win against Sherando!

FH JV's are 6-1. Wins over Frankfort, Berkeley Springs, Chestnut Ridge, S. Hagerstown, and Mountain Ridge x 2. Only loss was to Allegany.

Nice year, plus Fort Hill has numerous sophomores on varsity, correct? I know their names but don't know if we should mention them on the posts or not. I know they are very good players so the future of Fort Hill continues to look bright. How about Alco JV? By reading this board, I know @ least 2 of the better sophomores were moved to varsity recently but I believe, they too, are having a nice year. Southerns' JV team is currently 5-0 with freshmen only team being 2-0. Combined record 7-0, so some better things happening on the mountain top. Sad not more local schools have freshmen football!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT