ADVERTISEMENT

Great Coaching

At the beginning of the season we all wondered what kind of a coach we had. He did a incredible job because that Fort Hill team was 10 times better than the team that played in the first game. The passing Game was fantastic also. What a team
Except for the lack of whining and crying I don't think most people would even know FH even had a new coach. I couldn't be more proud of the way our coach has handled himself this year. He has made it about the kids and not himself or the MPSSAA or the schedulers or the fans.
Speaking of coaches one has to wonder what our former coach is thinking tonight. He's coaching at a school that hasn't had a winning record in like 8 years, they were clobbered in the first round of the playoffs(and in a normal year wouldn't even be in the playoffs)and his former team just keeps rolling without him.

Mt. Ridge’s opponents that they beat during the regular season had a record of 36-47. Did anyone really believe they would beat FH tonight? They are a solid 1 A program. FH is the class of 1A and most years would be a top 2-4 2A program. Apples Oranges. Depth is the difference.

Reactions: Tony54 and Dwj21
Just glad and thankful that the coaching staffs over the past years have maintained the FH tradition and provided outstanding coaching to the kids.....great season this year and great win today.

Mt. Ridge’s opponents that they beat during the regular season had a record of 36-47. Did anyone really believe they would beat FH tonight? They are a solid 1 A program. FH is the class of 1A and most years would be a top 2-4 2A program. Apples Oranges. Depth is the difference.
I don't think anybody did predict them winning. Having said that nobody put a beating on Perryville like MR did, and they seemed to be peaking. I think it's very impressive when people were saying they weren't the same after the fh loss and allegany was peaking that they went out and beat them the second time just as bad as they did the first time. They can't help that the teams they played have a bad record and we can't predict how they would have done against teams they didn't play. I am confused about the depth at MR and Allegany. They both have more boys than FH so why do you think it's not translating to the football team.

Except for the lack of whining and crying I don't think most people would even know FH even had a new coach. I couldn't be more proud of the way our coach has handled himself this year. He has made it about the kids and not himself or the MPSSAA or the schedulers or the fans.
Speaking of coaches one has to wonder what our former coach is thinking tonight. He's coaching at a school that hasn't had a winning record in like 8 years, they were clobbered in the first round of the playoffs(and in a normal year wouldn't even be in the playoffs)and his former team just keeps rolling without him.
You’re obviously very bitter about all of the success that Todd had here at Fort Hill. I can already tell that you’re going to be extremely bitter again in two or three more years when this new coach keeps the tradition alive.

Reactions: PowerRamRight
T
You’re obviously very bitter about all of the success that Todd had here at Fort Hill. I can already tell that you’re going to be extremely bitter again in two or three more years when this new coach keeps the tradition alive.
I think Zach will have a very successful career at FH, he's already won a state title in his first full season. He will no doubt continue the tradition of winning. He will just do it a bit more quietly and humbly.

You reek of bitterness. Perhaps appreciate where the program is today, and the people who helped get it there.

FH punted once yesterday, but lined up to punt another time in the second half. But the second punt I believe was negated by the 12 men on the field call against Ridge.

Which, I must say, having to call a time out for having 12 men on the field, and then getting called for 12 men on the field after the timeout is the kind of mental error that just has to be avoided in these types of games.

Aside from the one punt in the first quarter when FH was up 10-7, the only other time Ridge stopped FHs offense was late in the game with the second team in. FH came up about a foot short on a 4th down attempt.

I'm bitter he threw kids names around like they were his and they weren't, there grades, families and work ethics should not have been announced on the radio. I'm also bitter he threw god into every victory interview but when he lost he kept his name out of it. I'm also bitter when he lost at Catoctin he blamed everyone including the fans whom he had praised for so many years. I think the bigger tell is that you feel winning is everything and the blatent disregard for a kids privacy or invoking god only when you win is perfectly okay.

Reactions: FHHSAHS
I'm bitter he threw kids names around like they were his and they weren't, there grades, families and work ethics should not have been announced on the radio. I'm also bitter he threw god into every victory interview but when he lost he kept his name out of it. I'm also bitter when he lost at Catoctin he blamed everyone including the fans whom he had praised for so many years. I think the bigger tell is that you feel winning is everything and the blatent disregard for a kids privacy or invoking god only when you win is perfectly okay.
I wish more coaches would call players out for mistakes, I wish more coaches would call players out for bad grades. I like that high School football finally allows for calling the players numbers for penalties. I don't understand why the world these days are so worried about hurting someone's feelings.

I still believe Todd Appel is The Best Coach in the History of Fort Hill Football and The Catoctin Game His Final Game Was His Worst Coached Game of His Career.

Reactions: Dwj21
I wish more coaches would call players out for mistakes, I wish more coaches would call players out for bad grades. I like that high School football finally allows for calling the players numbers for penalties. I don't understand why the world these days are so worried about hurting someone's feelings.

I still believe Todd Appel is The Best Coach in the History of Fort Hill Football and The Catoctin Game His Final Game Was His Worst Coached Game of His Career.
Kids failed him up there that night. No effort after getting down early.

Kids failed him up there that night. No effort after getting down early.
This is crazy, he took all his timeouts into the locker room! He gave up before the game started because he didn't want to play Dunbar again. He packed up his bags, ran away, found a small town where he could be become a small town assistant coach at a sucky school and have no pressure.

I have seen people post they were leaving this message board because small town small minded idiots were draining their brain cells, or that they had left the boards and returned and it was the same old morons arguing over what ifs and hopes and dreams but not dealing in reality. I never understood them, I do now!

Fort Hill folks - you are never beating Dunbar again, EVER. Be happy with your dam title and quit bringing them up, quit trying to be them, be happy with who you are! When a coach blames a loss on the person who scheduled the game, he's a loser. When a coach blames fans for not being like other fans, he's a loser. When a coach talks about a player's personal life in any way he's a loser. You can worship him till the day you die but just remember, he got up and went as far away from all of you as he could without leaving the state!

Allegany folks - you all have been irrelevant since 2007, when are you going to give it up. Bashing fh isn't going to change the fact that you will never be what you were before. You are never winning another title, and you have set the bar so low that you are only the third best team in the area. Yes you did this! You fired a coach that beat fh and won a state title for somebody who still hasn't done either yet you are thrilled with his "overachieving". If you were so dam happy you'd get off these boards after your team loses and leave it for the winners and move your ass onto basketball.

I'm going to do what Appel did, pack it up, move on, and forget about all you idiots that the more I think about it IS the biggest reason why he left, he had no brain cells left from dealing with the lots of you.

PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is crazy, he took all his timeouts into the locker room! He gave up before the game started because he didn't want to play Dunbar again. He packed up his bags, ran away, found a small town where he could be become a small town assistant coach at a sucky school and have no pressure.

I have seen people post they were leaving this message board because small town small minded idiots were draining their brain cells, or that they had left the boards and returned and it was the same old morons arguing over what ifs and hopes and dreams but not dealing in reality. I never understood them, I do now!

Fort Hill folks - you are never beating Dunbar again, EVER. Be happy with your dam title and quit bringing them up, quit trying to be them, be happy with who you are! When a coach blames a loss on the person who scheduled the game, he's a loser. When a coach blames fans for not being like other fans, he's a loser. When a coach talks about a player's personal life in any way he's a loser. You can worship him till the day you die but just remember, he got up and went as far away from all of you as he could without leaving the state!

Allegany folks - you all have been irrelevant since 2007, when are you going to give it up. Bashing fh isn't going to change the fact that you will never be what you were before. You are never winning another title, and you have set the bar so low that you are only the third best team in the area. Yes you did this! You fired a coach that beat fh and won a state title for somebody who still hasn't done either yet you are thrilled with his "overachieving". If you were so dam happy you'd get off these boards after your team loses and leave it for the winners and move your ass onto basketball.

I'm going to do what Appel did, pack it up, move on, and forget about all you idiots that the more I think about it IS the biggest reason why he left, he had no brain cells left from dealing with the lots of you.

PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, you reek of bitterness.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
It was well known that that Dunbar team was not as strong as previous ones so for nova to say that Todd didn't want to play them is ridiculous. I had two people tell me that something happened during that week that affected the team. You could tell from the start that they were off

Amen.

Holy cow. You have gone off the deep end now to say one of the greatest coaches by winning percentage in football history
wanted to lose a game so he wouldn’t play Dunbar is absolutely bizarre. I am not sure if you really believe that or you are mentally unstable of are you are just trolling the Fort Hill fans. Either way you have completely lost all credibility. You should start a comedy routine.

Everyone wants to be a little pussy now. don’t call the kids out.Don’t speak about anything bad. Don’t mention God. Unfortunately real life is not like that. He is the greatest coach in Fort Hill history and the kids who played for him were extremely privileged to do so. i’m sure all of the winning he did has caused a lot of trauma on your brain. unfortunately for you it looks like Fort Hill is going to keep on winning. so put your big boy pants on and stop crying!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT