ADVERTISEMENT

Game tonight

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
The good news is you all can go to the game tonight and watch a local team win. You might have flashbacks from last night when you see td passes thrown by Kain. Allegany is playing an undefeated team from PA

Last edited:
The injury to Welsh is heartbreaking. My stomach turned when I saw it.

Lost 3 players 2 major injuries. How many rushing yards did he have before he got injured around 350

Actually they lost 4 players, 3 for the year one concussion. Christian Welch bad ankle injury, Dylan Clark blew his knee out acl, Dorian Terrell leg injury all 3 out for the year. JD Shambaugh a concussion. They will have to bring the JV team up to continue

Last edited:
If Alco had 400 yards of total offense, Welch has 380 of it before he went out. I have never seen an ambulance on the field for 15 minutes to cart off an ankle injury. I heard an Alco coach say how gruesome it looked but I dont want to repeat hearsay. That really sucks. He was the entire Alco offense.

Reactions: camper21502
Sad for these kids and especially Christian Welch whom I believe had 4 TD's Tonight and 367 yards rushing when he left the game. This kid has been great and sometimes underused at Allegany and in my Opinion is the Best football player in the Area and his career looks like it has come to an end.

It was a dislocated ankle. It was pointed in a direction it shouldn't have been. His teammates who came to help him up were visibly shaken at the sight of it. I can only hope there was no major tearing. Even so, that's a season ender as far as I would imagine

Sad for these kids and especially Christian Welch whom I believe had 4 TD's Tonight and 367 yards rushing when he left the game. This kid has been great and sometimes underused at Allegany and in my Opinion is the Best football player in the Area and his career looks like it has come to an end.
Underused? Kid carries the ball like 50 tImes a game and makes every tackle. I'm exaggerating obviously but he was extremely overused if anything.

Boonsboro he had around 230 yards in 3 qtrs Allegany was winning, then in the fourth they got away from him and didn’t give him the ball much. Mountain Ridge every time he carried he got yards, but they didn’t keep giving him the ball. That’s probably what he means by underused. He gets and has a lot of yards, but I don’t think he had enough carries especially in crucial times or short yardage. He is in on most every tackle, last week against Ridge they made sure he wasn’t going make the tackles and they were able to run up the middle

Underused? Kid carries the ball like 50 tImes a game and makes every tackle. I'm exaggerating obviously but he was extremely overused if anything.
He wasn't hardly used on Offense last year at all. This Year against Boonsboro in a loss had 150 yards less than 15 carries. Again Mountain Ridge he had 200+ years less than 20 Carries. With a 1A School and not many players this kid should of carried the ball on average of 25-30 times per game and Alco would be 4-0 or 3-1 in my opinion. Ty Johnson didn't get the carries at FH because they were always crushing teams but if they had to give him the ball 30 times to win every game they would have. I would like to see his Total carries and yardage for this Season.

Reactions: camper21502
Alco would be 2-2 if he got 25 carries a game I think they would have beat Boonsboro. I don’t think they would be 3-1 def not 4-0

Now what are they going do??

Alco would be 2-2 if he got 25 carries a game I think they would have beat Boonsboro. I don’t think they would be 3-1 def not 4-0

Now what are they going do??
Hope you can beat silver oak and smithsburg and hope you have enough points to avoid fort hill or catoctin in the first round of the playoffs.

I predicted that Alco would fold their JV program in 2-3 years. I was wrong. It will be this week.

Prayers to Christian Welch and all those injured in all the games around the area this evening. There were some major injuries in the Mountain Ridge/Hampshire game as well. Watching Welch run against MR this year, it is surely very sad to hear of this news. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Reactions: towpath94
There JV program and varsity will be back in a few years, the youth programs are doing fine. Matter of fact in two weeks warriors will probably beat the Patriots which hasn’t happened in a long time

This year they will have to fold the JV team to finish varsity

Last edited:
Alco varsity and JV will no way be back in a few years. It will be much worse when these 9th and 10th graders come through. Have no idea where anyone would get that idea.

No I'm not happy about it at all.

Brian he only had 17 carries last night.. he doesn’t get the ball as much as you think. It’s just everytime he does get the ball he gets yardage

Brian he only had 17 carries last night.. he doesn’t get the ball as much as you think. It’s just everytime he does get the ball he gets yardage
He would've probably had over 500 yards rushing if not for the injury. Welsh will surely be missed. He was the best player on both sides of the ball. I hope Powell can stay healthy to atleast give us a chance in some of these games. I'm glad we are bringing up the JV for depth. Who cares about freshman and JV football besides BrianH?

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I'm glad we are bringing up the JV for depth. Who cares about freshman and JV football besides BrianH?

I have a very close family member whose 9th grade son plays on the Alco JV team. So now he gets to practice for the next 6 weeks with out ever getting to play in a game. He wants to quit. So yea, if you don't have a kid in the fire why would anyone care. There is half the problem when you don't have a JV team and your trying to get kids to come out for football. He and all the other Alco 8th and 9th graders can always transfer over to FH or Mtn Ridge and play in JV games. You don't have to like what I say but ignoring it only buries the Alco number problem deeper.

So again, I understand the Alco number dilemma and no I don't like it because it hurts kids.

Reactions: Blueandgold45
He would've probably had over 500 yards rushing if not for the injury. Welsh will surely be missed. He was the best player on both sides of the ball. I hope Powell can stay healthy to atleast give us a chance in some of these games. I'm glad we are bringing up the JV for depth. Who cares about freshman and JV football besides BrianH?

This is the only message board where there's so much discussion about the JV, lol

I don’t know why you said they won’t be back. They have good players in the youth program and Allegany football will be back.

OK. I love your positive attitude. I'm basing it on the last 2 years of Braddock football where they almost folded and lost by 50 to most every one. It was hard to watch. Good luck. I really think Alco needs JV football if they want to try and get kids out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT