ADVERTISEMENT

Frankfort schedule is embarrassing

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
The best team they have played was Mountain Ridge. C'mon man. Don't want to play Cumberland schools and don't want to play anyone else either. Cant believe they would rather travle 3 hours to avoid a cumberland school 15 min away. What a wuss set up.

This week they play at Williamstown who is 7-0, last year they were 14-0, the year before that 12-1. Frankfort and FH would be a great environment this year, very disappointing they didn’t play.

As I have been told by very good, level headed Frankfort fans (in the know) who understand football...the coaches and AD are very aware that Frankfort would not be competitive against FH 99% of the time in football. They don't care about Fort Hills schedule woes and the proposed gate. Their booster club is over flowing with money and they can afford to travel wherever they want. They would rather take the chance to lose to an in state opponent than FH.

A Frankfort-FH game ONLY benefits Fort Hill. To help with our schedule and to have a nice gate. Frankfort doesn't care. They don't need to care. And FH fans need to stop giving a shit what Frankfort does. Most of their fans are focused on what they're doing and hoping they can get a title, or at least several home playoff games.

This game against Williamstown is a huge deal for them. It's getting a lot of play in the WV scholastic sports media, and it's a big hubbub that all their fans are stoked about. They don't give two shits that FH wants to play them.

Yeah you have a couple of those dumbass fans who like to say they'd beat FH and all that jive. They're dumbasses. Stop entertaining them.

Frankfort doesn't owe FH anything nor do they care if FH is flummoxed at their decision not to play. Hell, Northern and Southern wouldn't play FH if they didn't have to. It's an unfortunate situation for FH. They play like a big school but are a small school.

Other big schools don't want to chance a loss for low point risk ..and other small schools know they can't compete

That's Fort Hill's cross to bear, no one else's. Move on from Frankfort, it's not going to happen.

This week they play at Williamstown who is 7-0, last year they were 14-0, the year before that 12-1. Frankfort and FH would be a great environment this year, very disappointing they didn’t play.
Williamstown has been Class A. after that its Berkeley Springs and 1 win Grafton. At what point do you accept a challenge. Forget about FH for a moment and simplify it down, the frankfort schedule is beyond horrible and was set up that way. No respect for all those wins. That's the end of discussion.

As I have been told by very good, level headed Frankfort fans (in the know) who understand football...the coaches and AD are very aware that Frankfort would not be competitive against FH 99% of the time in football. They don't care about Fort Hills schedule woes and the proposed gate. Their booster club is over flowing with money and they can afford to travel wherever they want. They would rather take the chance to lose to an in state opponent than FH.

A Frankfort-FH game ONLY benefits Fort Hill. To help with our schedule and to have a nice gate. Frankfort doesn't care. They don't need to care. And FH fans need to stop giving a shit what Frankfort does. Most of their fans are focused on what they're doing and hoping they can get a title, or at least several home playoff games.

This game against Williamstown is a huge deal for them. It's getting a lot of play in the WV scholastic sports media, and it's a big hubbub that all their fans are stoked about. They don't give two shits that FH wants to play them.

Yeah you have a couple of those dumbass fans who like to say they'd beat FH and all that jive. They're dumbasses. Stop entertaining them.

Frankfort doesn't owe FH anything nor do they care if FH is flummoxed at their decision not to play. Hell, Northern and Southern wouldn't play FH if they didn't have to. It's an unfortunate situation for FH. They play like a big school but are a small school.

Other big schools don't want to chance a loss for low point risk ..and other small schools know they can't compete

That's Fort Hill's cross to bear, no one else's. Move on from Frankfort, it's not going to happen.
I don't disagree with your post. What I have a problem with is the Frankfort fan base who want to shout to anyone who will listen that they are the area king of the hill. Unless Frankfort is willing to face that king of the hill, they can't lay claim to that hilltop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
I don't disagree with your post. What I have a problem with is the Frankfort fan base who want to shout to anyone who will listen that they are the area king of the hill. Unless Frankfort is willing to face that king of the hill, they can't lay claim to that top.
Things never change - same thing happened in 1975 when Ridgeley HS won the WV A title and Fort Hill won the A (now 3A) title. A lot of jaw-jacking went on from that side of the river but Ridgeley/Frankfort did not show up on the FH schedule for a long time....and when it did, it didn't last long. 2 years and done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwj21
I don't disagree with your post. What I have a problem with is the Frankfort fan base who want to shout to anyone who will listen that they are the area king of the hill. Unless Frankfort is willing to face that king of the hill, they can't lay claim to that top.
Ric Flair said it best...."To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Woooo!"

It does frankfort no good to get beat with a running clock most years. doesn't do much good for FH either and that's ok. But let the record reflect when it comes to any area discussion that frankfort won't play FH because they get beat too bad.

Reactions: Tony54
I don't disagree with your post. What I have a problem with is the Frankfort fan base who want to shout to anyone who will listen that they are the area king of the hill. Unless Frankfort is willing to face that king of the hill, they can't lay claim to that hilltop.
I hear ya...but in all reality it's a very loud, but small group of fans who really think that way. They are king of their hill...in their world. And that's fine.

Like I said, their coaches and AD are very aware that they are not on the same hill. Pun intended.

Reactions: ravemwp
In the so called Times-News poll, they were tied for 1st place 2 weeks ago...then last week they both won. Then Fort Hill was voted number #1....guess the coaches know

In the so called Times-News poll, they were tied for 1st place 2 weeks ago...then last week they both won. Then Fort Hill was voted number #1....guess the coaches know
The Times-News dropped the area poll for about 8 years when Mike Burke was the editor because they felt it was silly to have a poll when teams weren't playing each other. Why they went back to one I have no idea - but it is silly. FH isn't going to schedule lesser quality games to win an area poll. They don't care because it is silly. And honestly, no one wants to see an area schedule for FH. The WestMac is enough.

The best team they have played was Mountain Ridge. C'mon man. Don't want to play Cumberland schools and don't want to play anyone else either. Cant believe they would rather travle 3 hours to avoid a cumberland school 15 min away. What a wuss set up.
Apparently it's not that bad considering they are a full two points ahead of the #2 ranked team on the WVSSAC ratings in which strength of schedule is a consideration.

Apparently it's not that bad considering they are a full two points ahead of the #2 ranked team on the WVSSAC ratings in which strength of schedule is a consideration.
Mountain Ridge is the best team they have played so far. Whatever works

This Saturday will be a gauge on how they do in the playoffs. I think they should do alright they can run and pass successfully

The Times-News dropped the area poll for about 8 years when Mike Burke was the editor because they felt it was silly to have a poll when teams weren't playing each other. Why they went back to one I have no idea - but it is silly. FH isn't going to schedule lesser quality games to win an area poll. They don't care because it is silly. And honestly, no one wants to see an area schedule for FH. The WestMac is enough.
well college football has polls and they don't play each other.... FH is a Top Team in WV in the lowest class and Frankfort is a Top Team in WV in the 2nd lowest class, schools are close to the same enrollment. if FH loses just 2 this year 7-2 they might win the area, if they lose 3 and Frankfort is Undefeated at 10-0 they win the area... I truly believe FH wins 9 out of 10 years but think Frankfort could play with them this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT