ADVERTISEMENT

FortHillFootball.net?

The forthiilfootball.net website has been closed. Is the message displayed on the page. I’ll miss that page if it is truly done with!

I'm hearing someone got butthurt and took their ball home so nobody else could play...

It's a shame too, probably the best HS website i've seen around.

I heard that the site was hijacked by the Russians!!! (Don't judge me, I know that I should be in Church!)

An explanation is the least I can do. I run the FH football website, have from the beginning. Nobody has ever helped and I never asked for it. It's one of many volunteer hats I have worn the last 10 years to help kids, not just at FH but at many places. Whether it has been filling schedules, helping kids get to college, the Queen City Quad, the website, etc. it's all been for the most part a great experience. I have been filling schedules for upwards of 20 different teams every season. Some of them like MATHS and Capital Christian, I have literally filled the entire schedule as their acting football scheduling coordinator. If anyone ever asks what MATHS stood for you can tell them it's the Maryland Academy That Helmick Scheduled. For both Alco and FH. All from the confines of my computer chair.

Unfortunately I have decided to remove myself from these processes for now in an effort to simply enjoy local high school football again as a fan as well as tackle other interests. The short of it is I just don't want to do it anymore. With great regret, it's not always been an enjoyable experience the past few years arguing with others, some my very good friends. Ask any local teacher, admin or coach and there are many, many stresses and headaches they all have to deal with on many levels on almost a daily basis. I truly feel for them and am not even sure how they do it. It's not as easy and as enjoyable in the short term as some might believe even when you win all the time. But most of them get paid and so it comes with their job or life choice. This isn't my job. I have a new business adventure (Western Maryland Lemonade for those that are not familiar) and it literally has taken up 16 hours a day getting it off the ground. Look for our product in Martin's Market and Giant supermarkets in the coming weeks, a huge step for my small company. I have had to sacrifice other websites I run and other interests as well.

I have great respect for the people at FH making all the football things possible. It's a very tight knit group. We don't always see eye-to-eye but that does not diminish my respect. I'm always going to bleed red. That's where I came from.

I hope to maybe come back to the FH football site at a later time. For now I don't want the responsibility of listing dates, times, opponents, rosters, directions, news, etc. Because many times I will get them wrong being out of the loop and that is a liability I do not desire. But if you see me at the game you know I will always talk football with you with passion and a smile. Down the short road I may find out I missed the process. Who knows? But for now I am just going to relax and enjoy the Friday night lights.

Last edited:
An explanation is the least I can do. I run the FH football website, have from the beginning. Nobody has ever helped and I never asked for it. It's one of many volunteer hats I have worn the last 10 years to help kids, not just at FH but at many places. Whether it has been filling schedules, helping kids get to college, the Queen City Quad, the website, etc. it's all been for the most part a great experience. I have been filling schedules for upwards of 20 different teams every season. Some of them like MATHS and Capital Christian, I have literally filled the entire schedule as their acting football scheduling coordinator. If anyone ever asks what MATHS stood for you can tell them it's the Maryland Academy That Helmick Scheduled. For both Alco and FH. All from the confines of my computer chair.

Unfortunately I have decided to remove myself from these processes for now in an effort to simply enjoy local high school football again as a fan as well as tackle other interests. The short of it is I just don't want to do it anymore. It's not always been an enjoyable experience as of the past few years arguing with others, some my very good friends. Ask any local teacher, admin or coach and there are many, many stresses and headaches they all have to deal with on many levels on almost a daily basis. I truly feel for them. It's not as easy and as enjoyable in the short term as some might believe even when you win all the time. But most of them get paid and so it comes with their job or life choice. This isn't my job. I have a new business adventure (Western Maryland Lemonade for those that are not familiar) and it literally has taken up 16 hours a day getting it off the ground. Look for our product in Martin's Market and Giant supermarkets in the coming weeks, a huge step for my small company. I have had to sacrifice other websites I run and other interests as well.

I have great respect for the people at FH making all the football things possible. It's a very tight knit group. We don't always see eye-to-eye but that does not diminish my respect. I'm always going to bleed red. That's where I came from.

I hope to maybe come back to the FH football site at a later time. For now I don't want the responsibility of listing dates, times, opponents, rosters, directions, news, etc. Because many times I will get them wrong being out of the loop and that is a liability I do not desire. But if you see me at the game you know I will always talk football with you with passion and a smile. Down the short road I may find out I missed the process. Who knows? But for now I am just going to relax and enjoy the Friday night lights.
Thank You for your contributions over the yrs. Your hard work will be missed but we understand. Will we see your lemonade at Greenway anytime soon?

Reactions: OneRing
Thanks for all your hard work on the FH web site. Great job! Hope you come back to it someday.

Best of luck with the Western Maryland Lemonade.

Reactions: 52 to victory
Hate to hear this Todd, but glad to see that you are taking care of yourself first for a change. There's a lot of kids, mine included that owe you a huge thank you for the experiences that you opened up for them. I will always be indebted to you for the things that you have done for my boy along with the things that I've learned in the process. Hope to see you at a game or two, pizza and Coke, or lemonade will be on me!

Unfortunately I have decided to remove myself from these processes for now in an effort to simply enjoy local high school football again as a fan as well as tackle other interests. The short of it is I just don't want to do it anymore. With great regret, it's not always been an enjoyable experience the past few years arguing with others, some my very good friends. Ask any local teacher, admin or coach and there are many, many stresses and headaches they all have to deal with on many levels on almost a daily basis. I truly feel for them and am not even sure how they do it. It's not as easy and as enjoyable in the short term as some might believe even when you win all the time. But most of them get paid and so it comes with their job or life choice. This isn't my job. I have a new business adventure (Western Maryland Lemonade for those that are not familiar) and it literally has taken up 16 hours a day getting it off the ground. Look for our product in Martin's Market and Giant supermarkets in the coming weeks, a huge step for my small company. I have had to sacrifice other websites I run and other interests as well.

The FortHill.net is (by far) the best run and designed prep website in the state. Even the private school websites don't have the level of content and updated information. Anybody that follows high school football knows how difficult it can be to get information, even from the AD. It's going to be missed.

BTW I picked up a Purple Rain a few months ago. I can't remember if I got it from JJ's or the Creamery.

Todd,
You are 1 guy that I've never meet in person that I truly have lot of respect for,
Any time I needed any thing about a Maryland school I knew I could get the correct info from you
Your info and site ill be greatly missed by your WV friend
Take care and enjoy the games,
I Wish some times I could do what you did, drop all the other things and just go watch games

Todd, did a coach from Oakdale contact you via the MOCO board?
No, never. I have dealt with AD Chris Krivos in the past.

(edit) - I actually just checked the MOCO board since you asked and yes I do have a message. I don't visit that board often but yes I have one now. Thanks. FYI, I no longer work with schedules either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT