ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill vs Mountain Ridge 1A State Title Game

Mountain Ridge takes their first drive down the field to match Fort Hill's TD
7-7 2:10 left in first Q

FH Punts on second possession and Ridge Drives quick by passing capped off with 30 Yard TD Pass...
14-7 Ridge on Top

have to punt one time and abandon the wing t! 5 cannot run wildcat between the tackles. Horrible play calling

Don't you love it when you don't have flag happy refs calling the game?

from 27 yards out Daniels takes it in for the score with 7:10 left in the half and penalty on the XP against Ridge, FH tries to go for 2pt and is stopped MR 14 FH 13

Pound it up the middle for the two-point conversion....denied!!!! This is not wing-t team. Don't have the size. Period.

Reactions: Dorito88
Don't you love it when you don't have flag happy refs calling the game?
not me, a penalty is a penalty... without them it would be a street game like what The NBA has turned into, not my cup of tea.
I did know there wouldn't be many penalties so that means all of the holding that happens to FH is going uncalled today, I don't see that as a good thing.

Reactions: beall02
FH knocking on the door... at the 15 as they enter the 4th Q
it sucks that the Video Stream is 5 minutes behind the radio broadcast

FH continues to play conservatively. It will likely cost them this game.

another reason these games should not be played at a College stadium with smaller goalpost...
it was dumb playing at Byrd, Ravens Stadium and Here at NAVY

this is crazy, 5-10 minutes stoppage of play for cramps.
I'm with the TV guys, I've never seen this before

Reactions: 4R341
Congrats, Sentinels!! I hate to admit it, but if FH had better coaching it wouldn't have been as exciting of an ending.

Nice job, Miners, on a great season. I was surprised by your coaches conservative play calling, as well. When you beat us earlier in the year, you weren't afraid to throw the ball.

Anyway, can't wait until next season!

Reactions: Argox66
Congrats to Fort Hill!

Too much involvement by the referees in the end. They let the men decide it on the field the entire game. Not in the final quarter. On both sides.
It really depends on how blatant the penalties were. I'm going to rewatch the ending later to see if I see anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT