ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill vs HDG

I heard HDG decided to take the scenic route up through Newark, DE for lunch at Claymont Cheesesteaks before heading to Lancaster for an afternoon show at Sights & Sounds. They're treating this like a Griswold family road trip. Hope they make it for kickoff. Tis the season!

I heard HDG decided to take the scenic route up through Newark, DE for lunch at Claymont Cheesesteaks before heading to Lancaster for an afternoon show at Sights & Sounds. They're treating this like a Griswold family road trip. Hope they make it for kickoff. Tis the season!
Hallelujah… holy s$&@!!

The game was not as close as the score indicated.

Quote Reply
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Question
Seen a lot of football but never a time out before 1 second off the clock.
FH kicked off, touchback, first & Ten at the twenty, HDG calls to.

FH is just a different kind of beast. If this isn't the best FH team ever, it certainly may be the deepest. Six different backs scored TDs last night. All 6 capable of big games on any given night with touch opportunities. We know what Daniels can do. Would anyone be afraid to give Ross, Bender, Spencer, Younger, or Willison 20 touches. All would be 20+ TD guys playing elsewhere. I love how Alkire spreads the wealth.

Fort Hill is just that good. I would say this team beats Alco too or it would be very close.
Gotta disagree. HGD might have trouble beating Northern. We sometimes forget that when we see these teams from down state with the spread offense, none of them can play defense. They just try to outscore each other. None of those kids are use to getting the pounding that the Western Maryland kids dish out.

#5 just continues to improve every week. He waits on his blocks like no back I've seen at FH in a while. He's so darn fast that it might be instinctive to just take off but he wisely waits when he sees he has blockers. Hopefully he can start next year not on the injury list, it could be a heck of a season for him.
When Hess got called for a 15 yarder for what is basically a suplex the HDG defender was on his back. It seemed like he did whatever he could just to get the guy down, should it have been a penalty? After everything that is done to him and not called it seemed petty.
Our d can get off the ball really fast, but there doesn't always seem to be containment. It's several guys, including a couple with a lot of experience who has seen a scrambling qb before. They rush like it's a 40 yard dash and the qb just steps right up and has an open path to run or throw. Now I know the d stopped them almost all night but it's just something I have noticed and is maybe why we have more trouble with scramblers.
It's great to see coach taking out starters asap and getting the backups playing time, much respect is earned when you don't humiliate the other team just because you can, and the guys love getting in there!
Lastly, thanks to our band. They deserve the 12th man of the year award. They are there thru a pouring rain supporting, thank you to all of them!

#5 just continues to improve every week. He waits on his blocks like no back I've seen at FH in a while. He's so darn fast that it might be instinctive to just take off but he wisely waits when he sees he has blockers. Hopefully he can start next year not on the injury list, it could be a heck of a season for him.
When Hess got called for a 15 yarder for what is basically a suplex the HDG defender was on his back. It seemed like he did whatever he could just to get the guy down, should it have been a penalty? After everything that is done to him and not called it seemed petty.
Our d can get off the ball really fast, but there doesn't always seem to be containment. It's several guys, including a couple with a lot of experience who has seen a scrambling qb before. They rush like it's a 40 yard dash and the qb just steps right up and has an open path to run or throw. Now I know the d stopped them almost all night but it's just something I have noticed and is maybe why we have more trouble with scramblers.
It's great to see coach taking out starters asap and getting the backups playing time, much respect is earned when you don't humiliate the other team just because you can, and the guys love getting in there!
Lastly, thanks to our band. They deserve the 12th man of the year award. They are there thru a pouring rain supporting, thank you to all of them!

If you see video of the Hessplex, the HDG OL is still engaged with him when he makes the tackle. Phenomenal.

Reactions: ravemwp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT