ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill versus Southern

Maybe if FH was dominating it would be interesting to go against and lose big to Martinsburg. Doesn’t seem to make sense right now. FH lost to Mountain Ridge and just pulled off the win against Old Mill. I don’t think FH scored against Old Mill until late in the fourth qtr, Old Mill is a team that lost first round of the playoffs. No one would want to see this years line going against Martinsburg 🤦🏻‍♂️

I think the Howard schools all play each other. I doubt if the Fred Co. schools won't play FH, the Carroll schools would.
At some point something has to give. If everyone continues to schedule down eventually you run out of teams to play. Administrators and coaches might want to re-think their position on this, before the mpssaa comes up with a forced schedule that may really screw things up. Everything the mpssaa touches turns to _____. Well you decide. I for one wouldn't be opposed to some sort of forced schedule, but would not have faith in those imposing it. Sorry I really don't have the answers.

Dispatch from Pennsylvania, where Cathedral Prep will go nearly a month between games due to opponents opting out of the playoffs.
Hollidaysburg (2-8) and Central Mountain (0-10) were to face each other in the District 6 portion of the subregional, scheduled for the weekend of Nov. 11-12.

Hollidaysburg athletic director Homer DeLattre said the school’s administration decided to end the football season now rather than participate in the postseason.

DeLattre said the team’s active roster numbers were fine and that player injuries played no part in the decision to opt out.

Cathedral Prep’s subregional opponent that weekend, Pittsburgh Brashear High School (0-8) also declined a postseason invitation.

“The PIAA puts (sub-.500) schools into an awkward situation,” Krahe said. “You’re an 0-8 playoff team. The playoffs are supposed to be an exciting time, but because of the situation, the season is ended.”

Old Mill won on Friday by 35 points. Once again, cumbf. is posting what he wants to think happens and not what really happens. Remember Allegany dominated the LOS but only had like 110 yds total offense.

Old Mill won on Friday by 35 points. Once again, cumbf. is posting what he wants to think happens and not what really happens. Remember Allegany dominated the LOS but only had like 110 yds total offense.
Correct Bleedred4life. They also made it to the 3rd round last year. No playoffs Covid year. Then the year before Covid, made it to the 4th round.

Maybe if FH was dominating it would be interesting to go against and lose big to Martinsburg. Doesn’t seem to make sense right now. FH lost to Mountain Ridge and just pulled off the win against Old Mill. I don’t think FH scored against Old Mill until late in the fourth qtr, Old Mill is a team that lost first round of the playoffs. No one would want to see this years line going against Martinsburg 🤦🏻‍♂️
Again, up until this season FH has been thoroughly dominant. Either way, it's still probably going to be a loss. But so what. There is no one else FH would schedule that would come close to that level of competition. And FH would still cakewalk right to the 1-A state finals most years anyway.

But opting to not play them for any other reason than to protect pride is just an excuse.

A talented and well coached Ridge beats FH for the first time ever during a regular season and suddenly FH sucks? The sky is not falling. It just feels that way to some people when FH looks mortal on the field. JMO.

No biggie, I'm sure there are some reform schools or something we can get back on the schedule. Maybe the Roosevelt Rough Riders need a game, FH still banned from DC schedules? I know I'm being snarky, just tired of the pandelerium. #sorrynotsorry

Reactions: ravemwp
Old Mill lost 49-0 the week before, my bad they beat a team with 2 wins in the playoff game.

Congrats, you got it right, well, sort of. You forgot mention that the team that beat them was an 7-1 Broadneck team whose only loss this year was to Archbishop Spalding. Not a bad resume.

Not going to waste anymore keyboard strokes discussing Martinsburg. WV can do their thing, Maryland will do theirs. My bad for even mentioning it.

Although I will say that for all the bad wrap that Class 1A gets in Maryland for being not so competitive, both FH and Mtn Ridge would march through the West Virginia Class AA playoffs just the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwj21
I agree with this analysis. Who cares when you lose in the playoff. Who beats their chests over a semi final?
Yep. It's like when Dunbar was rolling over Alco or FH every other year, and getting excited that the bracket worked out that you'd lose to them in the finals and could say you were a finalist.

Yep. It's like when Dunbar was rolling over Alco or FH every other year, and getting excited that the bracket worked out that you'd lose to them in the finals and could say you were a finalist.
Yeah like when your on a forum and your trying to get some reactions out of people Because you’re a little troll who has been picked on his whole life😂

Simply put, Appel couldn’t beat them. He was close tho every time

too bad Dunbar wasn’t good enough to beat Edmondson Westside and make it to the finals. Fort hill did beat them. Not Fort Hill’s fault that Dunbar wasn’t good enough to play them.

too bad Dunbar wasn’t good enough to beat Edmondson Westside and make it to the finals. Fort hill did beat them. Not Fort Hill’s fault that Dunbar wasn’t good enough to play them.
Dunhar lost to Douglass in the semis in 2018 not Edmondson, but yeah the sentiment is still true. FH probably would've beaten Dunbar by 2 or 3 scores that season. That defense was extremely good.

Yeah like when your on a forum and your trying to get some reactions out of people Because you’re a little troll who has been picked on his whole life😂
This guy actually believes FH beat Dunbar for a bunch of titles all because the truth hurts his feelings.😭😭

They think they won the 2020 election too 🤡

Last edited:
Too bad you need a fictional situation that exists only in your head. Not Dunbar's fault Fort Hill hasn't beaten them in 25 years. Fort Hill just ain't good enough.

When you look at how weak the fanbase has become, can you be surprised the team has followed?

Nobody from Cumberland could beat them then.

Unfortunately some people here want to treat that time frame the same way Germany treats WW2 and just act like those years don't actually exist.

Like I said if Dunbar wasnt good enough to make it to the finals they would’ve gotten beaten easily but they just weren’t good enough. Have a nice day little man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT