ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill/Southern Predictions

"Prediction, pain" Clubber Lang.
"You can run, you can hide but you'll never get away" KISS

FH: 64
Southern: 21 (7 points for homecoming hangover and 14 on 2nd string)

Allegany County welcomes Washington & Garrett County schools to Cumberland for their annual thrashings.

Allegany Co,= 120 points
Grt & Wash Co. (combined)= 42

Fort Hill 42 Southern 24..... A heavy dew tomorrow night causes most Fort Hill players hands to become stuck to the handrail coming down steps in the FRIGID Friday night weather. Most starters aren't freed until midway through second quarter however they mount a furious comeback and march on towards a 5th straight 1-A title.

Tonight was the smallest crowd ever to attend a game in the history of FH football. Easily.
I saw it coming when my own mother and her friends bailed saying it was too cold and the game would be lopsided. They never miss games.

I'm going to guess 300 people at Greenway including both bands.

There were more people wearing red in Pittsburgh at the USO opener.

Last edited:
It was more than 300 but it was a horrible crowd for FH. The Florida team brought more fans than Southern as well. More people would show up if it was a team from downstate. Local matchups will not always produce the best crowds in this regional format. The state would rake in more cash if it had the 1-16 format which would allow for possible local rivalry State title games. I went because I support FH but there was no level of excitement for this game from a fans perspective. The only benefit is that FH could practice a variety of pass plays without any doubt of the outcome. It’s the first time all year that no one from the starting offense and or starting defense played at least the 1st drives of the second half.

It was more than 300 but it was a horrible crowd for FH. The Florida team brought more fans than Southern as well. More people would show up if it was a team from downstate. Local matchups will not always produce the best crowds in this regional format. The state would rake in more cash if it had the 1-16 format which would allow for possible local rivalry State title games. I went because I support FH but there was no level of excitement for this game from a fans perspective. The only benefit is that FH could practice a variety of pass plays without any doubt of the outcome. It’s the first time all year that no one from the starting offense and or starting defense played at least the 1st drives of the second half.
This pretty much deflates the whole argument about the population of Cumberland impacting the crowds...that ship sailed. The fans show up for big games in bigger numbers but the argument for better competition brings bigger crowds seems to be winning.

"the ship must sail like the titanic"- Cam Newton.

I have no problem with the poor crowds at both games. As long as it keeps the $$$$ out of the down-staters hands.

Should have been at Allegany game today. You could hear a conversation on the other side of field.

Reactions: hbpass2
The Alco crowd today was bigger or at least the same as FHs last night. but it was eerily quiet. FH fans are loud regardless of how many or few there are.

Should have been at Allegany game today. You could hear a conversation on the other side of field.
If you was gonna scout either team today would have been the day to do it. You could hear Boonsboro coaches (on the filed) sending in the plays. I also heard Allegany coaches, up top, calling plays.

"my feet hurt"= POY

The Alco crowd today was bigger or at least the same as FHs last night. but it was eerily quiet. FH fans are loud regardless of how many or few there are.
True but Allegany has there own. Today a lady was yelling put # 73 and another number in. If that's my mother and I'm standing on the sidelines, I tell her thanks a lot from the sidelines.. Same lady yells both our strings are good when Allegany's 2nd team scored. Just like Barney Fife says "she's a nut".

True but Allegany has there own. Today a lady was yelling put # 73 and another number in. If that's my mother and I'm standing on the sidelines, I tell her thanks a lot from the sidelines.. Same lady yells both our strings are good when Allegany's 2nd team scored. Just like Barney Fife says "she's a nut".
What's the obsession with Allegany with you Fort Hill fruits?

Reactions: cumbfanatic
It was nice being able to get on this board for the last couple weeks and talk about FOOTBALL but I guess that’s over now.
Yet you like comments about CROWDS. It's nice to know your hypocrisy hasn't waned.

Don't fret. After Friday night you will be able to hear a pin drop in here just like last Sunday.

Lags head imploded. The pressure of losing was too much. The funny part is that if Alco could fund a miracle way to beat FH they all crawl out of the cellar. That's the mentality.

Don't fret. After Friday night you will be able to hear a pin drop in here just like last Sunday.

Lags head imploded. The pressure of losing was too much. The funny part is that if Alco could fund a miracle way to beat FH they all crawl out of the cellar. That's the mentality.
This is a thread about Southern and Fort Hill. Keep Allegany out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT