ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill Offense!!!!

ravemwp

All State Poster
Jul 29, 2022
So I have stated on this board on several occasions that I believe #11 gives the FH offense more upside. Now on the other hand #11 is an outstanding LB as well. I don't think Alkire likes to have his QB1 playing both sides. Maybe it's not that beneficial to have #11 at QB full time. (losing on defense what he gains on offense. The old is the juice worth the squeeze theory). That being said, I don't think any team is game planning against the FH QB position at all. Wondering if Alkire has even considered putting Bender, or Ross under center, in the shotgun, the pistol, or even the wildcat for a series or two. With emergence of Younger, imagine Bender, or Ross, handing off or keeping the ball on some of those buck sweeps. I just don't think teams fear #11 or #8 with the ball in their hands the way they would be with Bender, Ross scaring the crap out of defenders, and opening up running lanes for Daniels, and Younger. Just a thought to change things up a bit. Give a different look. Take some pressure off the normal QBs.

#11 is the QB and #1 is a starting RB and everyone in the stadium knows it like it is not even close. This is getting old and stupid and it will cost Fort Hill a state championsip. No changes at all this year with anything offensively. Don't know if it is politics or stubborness.

I didn't realize that Jim Chaney was on this board! He is the only one that I know of that is stupid enough to change his offense in the middle of the season. These are tough kids, and they can give and take their lumps. This coaching staff, while young, does very well. Let them coach and let the chips fall where they may. I just watched a couple of CSD's games and trust me, they are not beating FH this year, so who else is there in 1A who can?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I didn't realize that Jim Chaney was on this board! He is the only one that I know of that is stupid enough to change his offense in the middle of the season. These are tough kids, and they can give and take their lumps. This coaching staff, while young, does very well. Let them coach and let the chips fall where they may. I just watched a couple of CSD's games and trust me, they are not beating FH this year, so who else is there in 1A who can?
There is a big difference between changing your offense in the middle of the season, and adding a few wrinkles into your same offense with more versatile personal. At some point you have to make the defense account for the QB position. (If only for a series or two) My post was just a thought. ( I was remembering Mikey Allen lining up in the wildcat a couple of years ago) Not often, but enough to make you game plan against it.

I'm just not a big fan of wrinkles. To me, it tells your kids that they can't win without pulling off some tricks. This team has some talent and a ton of potential. They're just young. Stay with the basics and they will learn them well. It will pay off down the road.

Is it possible the comment was not meant to change now but that it would have been better to start the year like that? If you honestly think at this point that #1 has been utilized to the best of his abilities after seeing what we just saw then you saw something different than I did. I'm just wondering thru out that game why he hasn't been an integral part all along. I've said before some kids don't practice or don't bring it and therefor the coaches either don't reward them or they just don't have the confidence in them. When you face the kind of teams that a lot of people on this board seem to think fh should play the game plan and players that whoop up on 1a might not be the same kids who kid also whoop up but help in games like Dunbar and BW when we just didn't have enough diversity to win those games.
Thanks for the info. on CSD, I did ask the question a few weeks ago if anybody had seen them. What was your takeaway, small, slow, not athletic, poorly coached, predictable. Cal Preps does say they'd lose to dunbar and bw so it's not like they are some super power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT