ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill Havre De Grace

bleedred

Franchise Poster
Oct 16, 2001
Most are expecting a blow out. I think that we might see a tighter game based only on the tapes that I have seen. In watching HDG I think that their line is bigger and stronger than last year and their technique is still very good. They are well coached and their QB makes good decisions on the field. They seem to take what the defense gives them. On defense the coach puts the kids where they need to be. If I can use Alco for a minute, they cover the field and swarm to the ball similar to Alco, but they don't have the studs that Alco has. However, I think that their offense is a little better than Alco, more diverse. If HDG can steal some possessions, ie onside kicks, fake punts etc.. this game could be close.

I forgot to mention that they have a better than average kicking game. If they get close, look for a field goal try as they will need every point they can get against FH.

That's my two cents, what do you all think?

Most are expecting a blow out. I think that we might see a tighter game based only on the tapes that I have seen. In watching HDG I think that their line is bigger and stronger than last year and their technique is still very good. They are well coached and their QB makes good decisions on the field. They seem to take what the defense gives them. On defense the coach puts the kids where they need to be. If I can use Alco for a minute, they cover the field and swarm to the ball similar to Alco, but they don't have the studs that Alco has. However, I think that their offense is a little better than Alco, more diverse. If HDG can steal some possessions, ie onside kicks, fake punts etc.. this game could be close.

I forgot to mention that they have a better than average kicking game. If they get close, look for a field goal try as they will need every point they can get against FH.

That's my two cents, what do you all think?

Nice try, lol

Reactions: camper21502
I think it will be closer than last year. But not really "close". I'm interested to see how FH does against a decent "pass first, run maybe" offense.

I would be most interested in how many returners HDG has. We all know FH has an entire starting backfield back and numerous key players that have been there done that and would consider losing this game a disastrous ending to their season. HDG just looked overmatched last year, but if they have some guys who can build upon last years game and lead the others I think it could be a lot closer than last year.
The one thing about a pass first team, when it's 70 degrees passing is one thing, when it's low 30's it gets tougher to throw and catch. If they decide to pass every down their qb is going to be hurting by halftime, you have to keep FH honest.

Warriors have a new coach and a returning QB. Fort Hill is Fort Hill.

41-17 FH

Cold weather should favor the team with the running game. Wasn't impressed with HDG last year. No way is HDG as good as Sherando or South Hagerstown let alone Alco. I can't see how FH loses this game. Even turnovers and costly penalties will not be enough. FH 39-12

I have no doubt that FH will win. I'm just questioning the margin of victory. I don't think that the clock will run until the fourth quarter. HDG is a pretty good team, unless FH comes out on fire, I'm expecting a decent game.

By whose standards are they good? Not trying to be disagreeable but I bet alco would beat them by 2 td's and we are 2 td's better than alco. Men and boys.

Let me try this, however most of you have already made up your minds that, since FH is playing them, they aren't very good. HDG is in the State Championship for the second time in two years. That's not an accident. To get there this year they beat Edmonson out of Baltimore by 17 points. This same Edmonson team lost to Dunbar by 12. Dunbar coasted through the playoffs until they faced an excellent Walkersville team, who will probably win the AA tomorrow. They also beat two physical PG county teams, Sure, those two aren't real good but they are "in your face smash mouth" type teams that don't pack it in no matter what.

You need to watch some tape, take notice of the line play. There's no D1 size there but the pad level is low and the feet are moving. Watch their defense. They are where they should be 90% of the time. Are they world beaters, no. But they are a very good team. They've shown it two years in a row.

I thought HDG was a good team last year. Disciplined and well coached, just not in Fort Hill's class. Their QB and a receiver are back from last year, but I know they lost more to graduation than FH did. There is an article in the Sun in where their new coach says they have been preaching to the team to be more physical. Keep in mind Fairmont Heights had a 34-23 lead on HDG in the 2nd half before the Warriors came back.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...dg-fort-hill-preview-1209-20161207-story.html

Cmon man you know the drill.

FH crushes a Keyser team that almost beats Bridgeport and gets to the 2nd round of playoffs. Not any good.

South Hagerstown a 3A school goes 7-3 with a tough schedule beating Mervo and Tuscarora. Not any good.

Sherando another 3A school with a Penn State linebacker has 3 loses to all undefeated teams by a combined total of 15 points. Not any good.

Alco goes undefeated and FH has to beat them twice in 2 week span. Not any good.

Anyone FH schedules isn't any good unless they are 3A or 4A state champ contenders. Beware because if they play FH, not any good.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
So I see on the listings for Atlantic BB where I watched the 3A and 4A title games that the FH game isn't listed. What gives!??

Who said South Hagerstown, Keyser,Sherando and Alco werent any good??? I think all 4 are decent teams. I also believe all 4 would beat HDG. It's not FHs fault the teams in 1A post-season this yr. are weak. It is what it is. It doesnt take anything away from FH and what they have accomplished. They beat whoevers infront of them and thats all you can ask for but lets not pretend HDG is a threat and thats ok... GO BIG RED!

Who said South Hagerstown, Keyser,Sherando and Alco werent any good??? I think all 4 are decent teams. I also believe all 4 would beat HDG. It's not FHs fault the teams in 1A post-season this yr. are weak. It is what it is. It doesnt take anything away from FH and what they have accomplished. They beat whoevers infront of them and thats all you can ask for but lets not pretend HDG is a threat and thats ok... GO BIG RED!
here's a thought that i haven't heard anybody express - is 1a weak or has fh just taken 1a football to a different level? I can name a lot of teams over the last 30 years in 1a that lost by a lot in a title game, did that mean 1a was weak? maybe 4a is not just weak but just plain awful, is anybody telling wise that? has anybody mentioned quince orchard must be really bad or weak, 42-7 in a state final...where's the competition?
there are a lot of people that think fh could beat 3a and 4a contenders, maybe it just means fh is way overclassed for the competition that has been placed before them.
i used this last year as an example - does womens college basketball suck or is geno a genius that has led his team to heights no team can compete with? i don't hear many people arguing connecticut isn't the greatest womens program period, now and probably going on for a very long time...but nobody is saying women's div. 1 basketball is weak.
when somebody is dominating they have either raised their game above everybody else or everybody else is weak...whichever side you are on you are probably not going to change your mind.
maybe nick saban isn't that great a coach, maybe alabama isn't that good a team, maybe everybody they are playing is weak.

Last edited:
In the second quarter FH will be dragging tacklers. In the third quarter FH will be running over them and in the fourth HDG will be getting out of the way.

Incidentally, I saw a Facebook vid of FH loading up their bus for the game. Nice crowd to cheer them on as well as members of the band adding to the experience. I would ask Alco to take notice of this, but it would only matter if they cared when they saw it.

Reactions: GenSneaky
here's a thought that i haven't heard anybody express - is 1a weak or has fh just taken 1a football to a different level? I can name a lot of teams over the last 30 years in 1a that lost by a lot in a title game, did that mean 1a was weak? maybe 4a is not just weak but just plain awful, is anybody telling wise that? has anybody mentioned quince orchard must be really bad or weak, 42-7 in a state final...where's the competition?
there are a lot of people that think fh could beat 3a and 4a contenders, maybe it just means fh is way overclassed for the competition that has been placed before them.
i used this last year as an example - does womens college basketball suck or is geno a genius that has led his team to heights no team can compete with? i don't hear many people arguing connecticut isn't the greatest womens program period, now and probably going on for a very long time...but nobody is saying women's div. 1 basketball is weak.
when somebody is dominating they have either raised their game above everybody else or everybody else is weak...whichever side you are on you are probably not going to change your mind.
maybe nick saban isn't that great a coach, maybe alabama isn't that good a team, maybe everybody they are playing is weak.
I think its a little bit of both. Im just saying this yr. in particular was very weak. We had a 4-6 team and a 5-5 team both in the 2nd rd. of the playoffs.

Fort Hill up 21 - 0 at half. Listening to Happy 105.7

A little bumpy for FH at the start. A pass went into the dirt that had touchdown written all over it. Still, my prediction of how HDG will crumble is unfolding. I am watching Verizon FIOS on 514 and the pic is great. The booth is pretty good this year. They are praising FH while still trying to say as many positive things about HDG that they can. Really tough given that FH ran the ball on the ground all the way down the field for a TD in barely two minutes.

A little bumpy for FH at the start. A pass went into the dirt that had touchdown written all over it. Still, my prediction of how HDG will crumble is unfolding. I am watching Verizon FIOS on 514 and the pic is great. The booth is pretty good this year. They are praising FH while still trying to say as many positive things about HDG that they can. Really tough given that FH ran the ball on the ground all the way down the field for a TD in barely two minutes.
Whose crumbling? Are we watching the same game? #1 apparently forgot how to cover a fumble instead of looking up to see whose coming, and he's not sure how to defend a pass in the end zone, the penalties are continuing as they have all year, they've lost field position ever single time there has been a punt, 12 can't hit the side of a barn...this is ugly!

Last edited:

Lost the Mo. Now 21 - 14.

Lost the Mo. Now 21 - 14.
appel has no confidence is 12 and they haven't gotten 2 the ball nearly enough...they killed their own mo
the announcers are actually making fun of how inept the passing game is...they said hgd should not even cover the wideout because there is a good chance they couldn't hit him anyway!

appel has no confidence is 12 and they haven't gotten 2 the ball nearly enough...they killed their own mo
the announcers are actually making fun of how inept the passing game is...they said hgd should not even cover the wideout because there is a good chance they couldn't hit him anyway!

FH has brought it on themselves quite frankly. It is unfortunate to play the worst game of the year in the championship. But, they just scored and all they have to do is suck it up and play FH football the rest of they way.

Whose crumbling? Are we watching the same game? #1 apparently forgot how to cover a fumble instead of looking up to see whose coming, and he's not sure how to defend a pass in the end zone, the penalties are continuing as they have all year, they've lost field position ever single time there has been a punt, 12 can't hit the side of a barn...this is ugly!

In my post I clearly stated it would be HDG's inability to stop the running game. They would weaken (crumble) as FH kept pounding them. But to do that FH had to stop their mistakes. All they had to do was play FH football in the second half. Whatever success HDG is making is what FH is handing to them. And yes.... our passing game looks like something out of middle school.

End of 3rd qtr. 28 - 14 FH
horrible late hit call on 50, he was blocked in the back after the play. hard not to fall on top of the qb when that happens - refs blew that one
our db's look like kids trying to defend these lobs...they had two weeks to work on that
now 23 just got lucky he wasn't called for a late hit. i think some seniors need to take control of this team

Last edited:
I enjoy the radio crew even though they may forget that it's not a TV broadcast. I just heard there was an interception by 2 but I don't know what yard line.

FH's #5 scored five touchdowns. Where's the praise for this young man???

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT