ADVERTISEMENT

For the FH schedule bashers......

Red Dude

Blue Chip Poster
Aug 18, 2004
If your schedule is tougher, tell us all about it. If not.............STFU!!!!!! ENOUGH!

Not a Fort Hill fan but I live on the mountain top. I'm not involved with the Alco/Ft Hill rivalry but I see Fort Hill playing a strong 1A schedule for a state championship team. Same as Alco, HUGE wins vs Dunbar and 2A Williamsport and a tough loss against a very good Chestnut Ridge team but they too play a strong 1A schedule. Both have scheduled strong teams and cupcakes, just like everyone else. But totally agree with Red Dude.

Reactions: camper21502
If your schedule is tougher, tell us all about it. If not.............STFU!!!!!! ENOUGH!

So far, it is:

Let's review this year to date:

Games scheduled through 10/7:
Average opponent ranking for FH: 6058
Average opponent ranking for Alco: 4646
Summary: Allegany plays a significantly more difficult schedule than FH through this weekend. Embarrassing when you consider FH is ranked 648, over twice as high as Allegany at 1497.

Fort Hill currently has the overall No. 1 seed in Class 1A with a 7.90 point average.

Interesting of note, other top region leaders Lackey and Douglass PG have yet to play a team that posted a .500 record. Lackey opponents are a combined 4-21 and Douglass PG opponents are a combined 8-17. Dunbar has beaten one team over the .500 mark with their win over Mervo (3-2) and Havre de Grace has beaten Perryville (4-1) and Aberdeen (3-2).

Class 1A is Class 1A. But I get that people want to hold FH to a higher standard not required of anyone else. Comes with the territory. You won't hear or read anyone bashing Douglass, Lackey or Dunbar about their schedules. Unfortunately it's only about 3 to 4 posters here that spend more than 80% of their time posting the same thing over and over and over.

The bottom line is that FH has the toughest schedule in all of Class 1A as it should be. Complaining that is not good enough only demonstrates issues that go far beyond a schedule.

Last edited:
So far, it is:

Summary: Allegany plays a significantly more difficult schedule than FH through this weekend. Embarrassing when you consider FH is ranked 648, over twice as high as Allegany at 1497.

There Lag goes again - using MaxPrep's rankings that really don't mean anything unless...

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Fort Hill currently has the overall No. 1 seed in Class 1A with a 7.90 point average.

Interesting of note, other top region leaders Lackey and Douglass PG have yet to play a team that posted a .500 record. Lackey opponents are a combined 4-21 and Douglass PG opponents are a combined 8-17. Dunbar has beaten one team over the .500 mark with their win over Mervo (3-2) and Havre de Grace has beaten Perryville (4-1) and Aberdeen (3-2).

Class 1A is Class 1A. But I get that people want to hold FH to a higher standard not required of anyone else. Comes with the territory. You won't hear or read anyone bashing Douglass, Lackey or Dunbar about their schedules. Unfortunately it's only about 3 to 4 posters here that spend more than 80% of their time posting the same thing over and over and over.

The bottom line is that FH has the toughest schedule in all of Class 1A as it should be. Complaining that is not good enough only demonstrates issues that go far beyond a schedule.

Maybe nobody bashes them because their posters are more respectful and leave out Wha 'bout dat runnin' clock or yearly beatin' .... or maybe they don't start threads to bash schools that drop them.... or maybe they don't have 4 consecutive championships and whine ceaselessly that nobody will play them.

Or maybe it's just the simple reality of watching FH prop itself up by comparing itself to how bad everybody else is.

Or.... Or maybe the same thing over and over is answering the same thing over and over. If you don't like reading the fact that you only play two schools this year on your level, then stop bragging about how strong your schedule is.

..... Especially when you just came off a week when one of the really cheap meat teams refused to show up.

Maybe nobody bashes them because their posters are more respectful and leave out Wha 'bout dat runnin' clock or yearly beatin' .... or maybe they don't start threads to bash schools that drop them.... or maybe they don't have 4 consecutive championships and whine ceaselessly that nobody will play them.

Or maybe it's just the simple reality of watching FH prop itself up by comparing itself to how bad everybody else is.

Or.... Or maybe the same thing over and over is answering the same thing over and over. If you don't like reading the fact that you only play two schools this year on your level, then stop bragging about how strong your schedule is.

..... Especially when you just came off a week when one of the really cheap meat teams refused to show up.

It's the toughest schedule in 1A, the class they compete in. That is all that needs said on any level. Don't confuse facts for bragging. They have been the No. 1 overall seed in the playoffs for three out of the last four years and the year they didn't they were No. 2. It has resulted in 12 home playoff games. If that bothers people, we don't care. Contact the MPSSAA if you don't like it. We don't like the system either despite being very successful with it.

And for the record, I personally contacted Middletown and Dunbar to see if they would play a football game in 2017 against Fort Hill. The list of teams I personally contacted about playing a game in 2017 exceeds over 50 teams, many way bigger and better than Middletown and Dunbar. If people are going to use these tidbits at least get it correct.

It's the toughest schedule in 1A, the class they compete in. That is all that needs said on any level. Don't confuse facts for bragging. They have been the No. 1 overall seed in the playoffs for three out of the last four years and the year they didn't they were No. 2. It has resulted in 12 home playoff games. If that bothers people, we don't care. Contact the MPSSAA if you don't like it. We don't like the system either despite being very successful with it.

And for the record, I personally contacted Middletown and Dunbar to see if they would play a football game in 2017 against Fort Hill. The list of teams I personally contacted about playing a game in 2017 exceeds over 50 teams, many way bigger and better than Middletown and Dunbar. If people are going to use these tidbits at least get it correct.

All I can do is address at face value the way the schedule ends up. Nobody should expect me to do otherwise. And, all I can do is address the tenor of the threads in this forum. "If that bothers people I (we) don't care."

Besides, where would this forum be if it were just the bashing of teams that play you, the bashing of teams that don't play you or the bashing of teams that stopped playing you.

So far, it is:

The schedule is 10 games, Lag.

Just to point out how hyper-sensitive FH fans are. A FH person started YET ANOTHER thread about the schedule. They even issued a challenge: "If your schedule is tougher, tell us all about it," Lag responded with a reasonable argument, but again they paint other people as obsessed over the schedule, lol. If you repeatedly start threads about the schedule on this message board the conversation will constantly be about the FH schedule! The top 6 threads right now are about the FH schedule and all of them started by FH supporters.

Last edited:
Just to point out how hyper-sensitive FH fans are. A FH person started YET ANOTHER thread about the schedule. They even issued a challenge: "If your schedule is tougher, tell us all about it," Lag responded with a reasonable argument, but again they paint other people as obsessed over the schedule, lol. If you repeatedly start threads about the schedule on this message board the conversation will constantly be about the FH schedule! The top 6 threads right now are about the FH schedule and all of them started by FH supporters.

No doubt.

If this board were moderated there would likely be one thread to discuss schedules and every post on this topic would be moved there. 90% of all threads started on this forum are by FH supporters.

Last edited:

Let me guess, all those teams u contacted said no...

I made my point. What is yours? Could it be that you just don't like what I posted. I mean, are you seriously claiming that you missed all my other 10 game analyses?
Is Alco playing a tougher schedule than FH?? Schedule meaning 10 games. Are they? That is my point!! Please refer to the original post of this thread.

Still waiting for someone to tell me about their tougher 10 game schedule!!

"It's the toughest schedule in 1A"

Tougher than Surratsville? They've played
5-0 defending 4a champion Wise, 4-1 4a Eleanor Roosevelt, and 4-1 3a Oxon Hill. I find FH having a tougher schedule hard to believe. Your opening statement discredits your whole post. Later you state you contacted Middletown, conveniently leaving out the fact it was 4 or 5 days later after they reached out to you. Those were your words way back when. It was awhile ago so maybe you forgot or you were hoping everyone else forgot.. I'm not sure if it was 4 or 5 days because its hard to keep up with the ever changing list of excuses through the years.. Then after all the misinformation and half truths you have the nerve to say

"If people are going to use these tidbits at least get it correct." ????

Last edited:
Tougher than Surratsville?

"If people are going to use these tidbits at least get it correct." ????

STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE RANKINGS
Fort Hill - 4.63
Surrattsville - 6.46

Honestly, I don't buy into these MaxPreps schedule rankings to a tee. I believe they may be some type of indicator at best. Maybe Surrattsville plays a tougher schedule in some people's opinions but I know the FH schedule is somewhere near the toughest of 1A and probably 2A if you want to compare. That's really all we need to know. Asking for more isn't intellegent.

This will be the last time I respond to this fantasy. Can someone please just copy and paste it when the question comes up again? And it will come up again rest assured. I returned Middletown phone call within an hour. We had been working with Dunbar long before that call and it seemed like the Dunbar game was going to happen. Yes, FH preferred a game with Dunbar - a very successful 1A playoff rival who had never been to Cumberland. When it became apparent Dunbar was going to play Alco we contacted Middletown immediately to find out they filled the hole.
If that is your idea of FH being afraid to play Middletown so be it message board schedule guy. Although I did blow soda out my nose when I saw you blasting Martinsburg over at TGC for their schedule. What are you, the anonymous schedule Nazi?

Last edited:
Fort Hill - 4.63
Surrattsville - 6.46

Honestly, I don't buy into these MaxPreps schedule rankings to a tee. I believe they may be some type of indicator at best. Maybe Surrattsville plays a tougher schedule in some people's opinions but I know the FH schedule is somewhere near the toughest of 1A and probably 2A if you want to compare. That's really all we need to know. Asking for more isn't intellegent.

This will be the last time I respond to this fantasy. Can someone please just copy and paste it when the question comes up again? And it will come up again rest assured. I returned Middletown phone call within an hour. We had been working with Dunbar long before that call and it seemed like the Dunbar game was going to happen. Yes, FH preferred a game with Dunbar - a very successful 1A playoff rival who had never been to Cumberland. When it became apparent Dunbar was going to play Alco we contacted Middletown immediately to find out they filled the hole.
If that is your idea of FH being afraid to play Middletown so be it message board schedule guy. Although I did blow soda out my nose when I saw you blasting Martinsburg over at TGC for their schedule. What are you, the anonymous schedule Nazi?

Well I dont know what metrics maxprep is using but if you think anyone on FH's schedule is tougher than Wise, Oxon Hill or Eleanor Roosevelt than you must have been visiting that new medical marijuana dispensary in Cumberland.. Furthermore, you know what else isn't "intellegent"?? Misspelling the word intelligent... Lol

Well I dont know what metrics maxprep is using but if you think anyone on FH's schedule is tougher than Wise, Oxon Hill or Eleanor Roosevelt than you must have been visiting that new medical marijuana dispensary in Cumberland.. Furthermore, you know what else isn't "intellegent"?? Misspelling the word intelligent... Lol

Yea, I agree about those MaxPreps numbers. They penalize a team like Surrattsville for playing really, really bad teams the next 5 weeks. As I said, they are an indicator at best but not totally on point.

You coming to the Melbourne CC game next Saturday night?

Fort Hill - 4.63
Surrattsville - 6.46

"Asking for more isn't intellegent (sic)"

Once again I will make my point: when your regular season is 10 games, you can load up most of the schedule with cheap meat, have 2 competitive games equal to your ability and still average - get it - average the strongest schedule. But when you look at the schedule game by game, my point is glaringly apparent. And when you look at the first 6 games on the FH schedule, it becomes laughable.

It is more than fair for me or anyone else to point this out. Your claim that "Asking for more isn't intellegent (sic)... isn't intellegent (sic)"

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Yes Lag we have read your first 6 game schedule analysis. That's a new one on me. From here on out maybe SOS should be based on taking a team's toughest opponents out and remeasure. <insert rolling eyes emoji here>

Yes Lag we have read your first 6 game schedule analysis. That's a new one on me. From here on out maybe SOS should be based on taking a team's toughest opponents out and remeasure. <insert rolling eyes emoji here>

And everybody has seen the same FH-top-of-the-heap strength number posted so many times that our eyes would lock to the side if we rolled them every time we saw it.

Oh... let me check again..... [pause, pause].... I'm cool, it's still a forum.

So, my perspective concerning the average of the first 6 games is every bit as valid as the constant posting of the strength of the total schedule. The belittling of my analysis of those games is not that the information is wrong; it's that some folks don't want to see it.

I know td will never admit it. He likes to save face with his faithful but he’s strait up lying to you. They didn’t try to work anything out with Dunbar. Dunbar contacted them first and was told no. The poets then said they were calling Allegany at which FH told them don’t bother they’ll never play you. When Allegany signed Dunbar it sent shockwaves through the faithful. And guys like TD was caught off guard because they never imagined the new coach would start his career out with the Poets! He can spin it how he wants it. He can tell you Dunbar chose alco over fort hill. He can tell you a lot of things but what he’s not telling you is the truth. Middletown also call d fort hill. When this was discussed months ago on here he said they called back 5 or 6 days later and it was already filled. Now it’s being played like he called back a couple hours later. I know this doesn’t matter to most. They’ll never believe other than what he says but to quote the great Paul Harvey “ and that is the rest of the story”!

Wait a minute, the new Allegany coach started his career off playing Dunbar?? I thought he started it out losing twice to Fort Hill.

I believe Korn quit right before the season started last year and Hansel was appointed temporary coach. This year is his first year as formal coach and the first year having impact on the scheduling. Or, so that's how I remember it.

Reactions: camper21502
You are exactly right the story before was FH returned Middletowns phone call 6 days later and they got another team. Now he is saying they got right back to Middletown. Dunbar coach also said he wanted to come up here and play FH, but FH did not get back to them and they could not wait. It wasn't because Allegany took the game. Dunbar was talking about week 6, both schools were open. Stories keep changing, can't find games bs. Can't find weak hand picked games is more like it.

Nothing like someone questioning someone's integrity while hiding behind a fictitious name and keyboard. The man is putting it out there in writing publicly for anyone truly involved to read. I don't think the man really had to come on a forum and lie to a bunch of people he really doesn't know or have any real reason to answer to.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Bwahahahahaha.

2017 STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE RANKINGS

Fort Hill - 4.63
Middletown - 4.86
Morgantown - 4.87
Allegany - 4.89
Walkersville - 4.90
Jefferson - 5.01
South Hagerstown - 5.51
Dunbar (Balt.) - 5.58
Mountain Ridge - 5.93
Washington - 6.22
Martinsburg - 6.22
Spring Mills - 6.41
Musselman - 6.77
North Hagerstown - 6.80
Williamsport - 6.88
Keyser - 7.28
Hampshire - 7.55
Hedgesville - 7.59
Boonsboro - 7.85
Frankfort - 8.21
Moorefield - 8.32
Southern Garrett - 8.65
East Hardy - 8.70
Francis Scott Key - 8.91
Northern Garrett - 9.59
Clear Spring - 9.74
Petersburg - 9.78
Catoctin - 9.87
Smithsburg - 9.89
Berkeley Springs - 10.65
Brunswick - 11.08
Hancock - 12.93

Nothing like someone questioning someone's integrity while hiding behind a fictitious name and keyboard. The man is putting it out there in writing publicly for anyone truly involved to read. I don't think the man really had to come on a forum and lie to a bunch of people he really doesn't know or have any real reason to answer to.

I do believe you are looking at this one sided, because there is no special forum dispensation given because you use your name - especially if you question other people's intelligence and join in the bashing of schools who drop FH.

What you are saying is that everybody else, including you, is "hiding behind a fictitious name and keyboard" while Helmick is above us all an never to be questioned - and if we do - he is always right because he uses his name.

Last edited:
Bwahahahahaha.

2017 STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE RANKINGS

Fort Hill - 4.63
Middletown - 4.86
Morgantown - 4.87
Allegany - 4.89
Walkersville - 4.90
Jefferson - 5.01
South Hagerstown - 5.51
Dunbar (Balt.) - 5.58
Mountain Ridge - 5.93
Washington - 6.22
Martinsburg - 6.22
Spring Mills - 6.41
Musselman - 6.77
North Hagerstown - 6.80
Williamsport - 6.88
Keyser - 7.28
Hampshire - 7.55
Hedgesville - 7.59
Boonsboro - 7.85
Frankfort - 8.21
Moorefield - 8.32
Southern Garrett - 8.65
East Hardy - 8.70
Francis Scott Key - 8.91
Northern Garrett - 9.59
Clear Spring - 9.74
Petersburg - 9.78
Catoctin - 9.87
Smithsburg - 9.89
Berkeley Springs - 10.65
Brunswick - 11.08
Hancock - 12.93

Well, just for fun, I copied my post from the other bullshit thread you started:

No. What I'm saying is what you're saying is bullshit. Helmick brags about being able to schedule teams you can beat 100 to nothing.

"If FH wants another team to beat 100-0 I can find it." - Helmick

I understand English. You don't understand the impact of numbers that are only divided by 10. Your "toughest schedule" is only determined by playing two.... count 'em.... two frickin' teams of your ability divided by only 10 games.... and what is worse, you already didn't have to suit up for one of those 10 games.

Not that it mattered. Your starters would have been out by the first quarter anyhow. They would have gotten a better workout warming up.

I do understand that all this leg-humping of the 10 games average is to distract from another cheap meat wagon that just rolled into town, but can't you be a little more creative?

I do not sit behind a fictitious name and call people a liar. In fact you know my name. I've never tried hiding my true identity through the years we have talked. But I certainly have said nothing on here that I'm afraid to say with my own name attached. I do believe that Todd stepping up with his true identity and willing to discuss his scheduling nightmares show more backbone and integrity than someone hiding behind a false name. Most of the crap wouldn't get said on here if they had to say it with everyone knowing who they really were.

Daniel Teets
Fort Hill Class of "89"

Last edited:
I never said not to question Todd. You are looking at it one sided equally. People would be less inclined to talk so rudely to each other and quite frankly the conversation may be more productive had it not been done from behind fictitious names. I like to certainly think I've talked to people in a respectful manner regardless of what name I posted from. And yes I am going to trust Todd over a new name that joined this year who has 12 posts.

I see you're using your real name on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT