ADVERTISEMENT

FH VS NORTHERN

The BOE’s response to an incident early in the season is one reason for low attendance.

If the same rule existed when I was a kid/teenager, attendance would also have been significantly reduced because the parents of many of my friends did not attend the games.

This is certainly a rule that needs to be reevaluated.

As for my old bones, I can choose to listen to the game online via at least two radio stations and sometimes three in the comfort of my home. I can also watch the replay at 10:00 p.m. on Commercial Video. 😊

It seems like when FH knows they aren't going to be threatened they are just plain sloppy. The penalties raise as the competition goes down. No slighting Northern but honestly does FH need to commit penalties to outplay this team? Let's not blame the refs again, sometimes yes they suck, but it can't be every penalty is just the refs trying to screw FH.

I feel for the Northern crew. I guess in part bc I've heard radio, tv, and other folk use sayings like... they play with heart, coach Carr does a great job with what he has up there, etc. So I'm programmed with empathy, but that's all kinda getting old for both football programs by now I'm sure.

Northern knew what was coming. They didn't appear to want to be there. 0 enthusiasm as the game started. There's really nothing to say, other than it was sad. It was like watching an older kid beat up a young kid on the way home from school. It felt wrong

Reactions: Dwj21 and ravemwp
It seems like when FH knows they aren't going to be threatened they are just plain sloppy. The penalties raise as the competition goes down. No slighting Northern but honestly does FH need to commit penalties to outplay this team? Let's not blame the refs again, sometimes yes they suck, but it can't be every penalty is just the refs trying to screw FH.

FH was anything but sloppy. Fort Hill "didn't need to commit penalties". Here's a revelation, penalties happen. They still scored after each penalty. No one will blame the refs.

I've seen a great deal of FH football in my lifetime. And I've seen some real ass whoppins and lopsided scores. But tonight was more than just a scoreboard beat down. FH just physically, athletically and speed wise beat the snot out of Northern on both sides of the ball on every single play at every single position. Literally. It looked like a huge 18 year old slapping around elementary school kids. No disrespect to Northern, just a massive mismatch.

The Northern starting QB got his shoulder hurt early in the first half and immediately took his pads off, done for the evening. The new QB comes in and starts getting pounded on right from the get-go. At one point there I was actually concerned someone in a Husky uniform was going to get seriously injured.

Hess had two pancakes on one defensive play. On another he blocked a defender 11 yards down field into the end zone and then pancakes him only to yank him back up with a helping hand. It was like watching the movie Blind Side. If you missed it, go to Commercial Video stream and fast forward to Fort Hill's 3rd touchdown play. It sucks, but as an opposing coach you almost have to take out Hess with a cut block. Otherwise he is blowing your center or guard up so bad he is killing the play and handoffs in the backfield. My dad says they have to run away from Hess. But you can't when your blockers are flying into the backfield.

Also, I saw offensive formations tonight I've never seen at any level. FH had a double wing stack with Daniels lined up at running back behind them. There was no back lined up behind the QB. They call a toss sweep to Daniels to the opposite side with both wing backs pulling and leading the play. But the sweep ends up going off the guards hip in the 3 hole. So it's basically a toss sweep up the gut. It worked. Weird, wild stuff.

Last edited:
Northern didn't have one penalty tonight.
Empathy my friend. How could one possibly drop laundry on Northern tonight. Their penalty was being forced to get off the bus. All joking aside, they run a class program up there. It's an unfortunate situation that they couldn't go deeper in the tournament. 6-5 season with loses coming from MR, Alco. Frankfort, and twice from FH. Very respectful showing.

Empathy my friend. How could one possibly drop laundry on Northern tonight. Their penalty was being forced to get off the bus. All joking aside, they run a class program up there. It's an unfortunate situation that they couldn't go deeper in the tournament. 6-5 season with loses coming from MR, Alco. Frankfort, and twice from FH. Very respectful showing.
Yea mon. I said it before and I'll say it again...take Allegany County out of 1A and Northern could be state champs.

I could make a highlight video of Carter Hess getting illegally chop blocked, tackled and held against Northern, Alco and Mtn Ridge alone.

All the blind side blocks, holding and block in the back calls on FH I have no issue with. Been making that clear all season. However, it's impossible to know a team who is grossly outmanned and getting beat on the scoreboard bad doesn't commit infractions to limit the opponent.

Coaches have repeatedly asked officials before and during the game to watch high/low blocks on #77. The video doesn't lie. On repeated plays Hess is openly being tackled from behind by his ankles/knees and it has never been called. The kid, for as dominant as he his, has zero penalties called against his blocking opponents that I count the entire season. Maybe one.

At one point last night, Hess complained to an official and was told look at the scoreboard, you want a flag? This is a safety issue. Much the same as the dozens of blind side blocks I've seen called.

I'm not here to gripe about bad calls on FH. The scoreboard results dont change. It's the no-calls on the opponent. So many of those no-calls are a safety issue being ignored even after repeated complaints. I don't blame opponents for cutting Carter but you can't block high/low and tackle him. It's real bad. Video doesn't lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT