ADVERTISEMENT

FH Track - 100M Dash

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Congratulations to Tristan Ross for breaking a 10 year old school record at tonight’s track meet for Fort Hill. Tristan ran 11.05 in the 100M dash breaking the Sophomore Record. The previous record was set in 2013 by Ty Johnson with a time of 11.2. Congratulations Tristan! <copy & paste>

It was easy to spot Tristan's speed last year on the gridiron from his halfback position. Speed options are necessary where a 10 yard gain easily becomes a 70 yard TD.

Congratulations to Tristan Ross for breaking a 10 year old school record at tonight’s track meet for Fort Hill. Tristan ran 11.05 in the 100M dash breaking the Sophomore Record. The previous record was set in 2013 by Ty Johnson with a time of 11.2. Congratulations Tristan! <copy & paste>

It was easy to spot Tristan's speed last year on the gridiron from his halfback position. Speed options are necessary where a 10 yard gain easily becomes a 70 yard TD.
I was there last night for the Allegany County Track and Field Championships. While on the girls side Avery Miller did not participate, I'm sure she would have dominated her events as she has all year. Tristen Ross put in a great performance winnning 4 county championships, 2 individual, 100 meters, and 200 meters, as well as anchoring the winning 4x100 and 4x200 relay teams. Incredible performance for a kid who has never run track before this year, and believe me, there is a more to sprinting than just being fast. I saw 2 great races. In the 100 meters Ross edged Tavin Willis by one one hundreth of a second, 11.05 to 11.06 career best for both. In the 200 meters Ross again edged Willis by two one hundreths of a second 22.89 to 22.91 Xavier Twyman finished 3rd at 22.95, six one hundreths second behind, it was a great race. These three have been battling each other all season. On another note I feel the need to say this about Tavin Willis, what a great teammate and friend to his teammates, and friends. If he hasn't decided on a longterm career choice, he may want to consider educator, and coach. In the fall I watched him help Mikey Allen re-learn how to play football again, give Tavin some credit for some of Mikeys sucesses. If not for Tavin sharing some of his technigues, and experiences from getting out of the starting blocks, to the head bob at the finish line, and everything in between, maybe its Willis with the 4 county championships instead of Ross. What a selfless young man with a great future ahead of him. Whether it be in athletics or life in general I wish him good fortunes. Tavin seems to be a great example of why our youth should participate in team sports. BTW both Ross and Willis both broke the 25 year old school record of 11.12 set by Mike Page in 1998. This was the official school record without regard to individual grades 9-12. For instance Ross holds the sophmore record, Willis now holds the senior record, but Ross holds the overall school record.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT