ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol Christian Game Notes

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Everyone has been asking me about Capitol Christian so I made it easy and put together some game notes for the media. Thought I would share them here. This team isn't joking around, they seem very confident. We'll see.

FORT HILL VS.
CAPITOL CHRISTIAN ACADEMY WARRIORS - GAME NOTES

FROM CAPITOL CHRISTIAN HEAD COACH CHUCK THOMPSON

Captiol Christian Academy (CCA) - located in Landover, MD - has been open as a school for two years. The school has 57 students both male and female in grades 9-12 and will count as a Maryland Class 1A size opponent.

CCA maintains a 30-man football roster grades 9-12. They do not have a JV or freshman team.

The school is located directly behind the back parking lot of FedEx Field where the Washington Redskins play.

The CCA girl's basketball program is ranked No. 3 in the DMV (Delaware, Maryland, Virginia) area by the Washington Post.

The football program is also in its second year. The Warriors went 8-0 last year in 2013 and are currently 9-1 this season for a combined record of 17-1 since the school opened. One of those wins this season includes a forfeit win that the MPSSAA has granted. If Fort Hill wins, CCA would be worth 9 bonus points according to MPSSAA rules.

The Warriors only loss came the very first game of this year versus Southern High School out of Durham, NC who is ranked No. 10 overall in the state of North Carolina with a perfect 8-0 record according to Max Preps.

The Warriors lone win this season against an MPSSAA school was Class 4A Oxon Hill who currently has a 2-5 record. CCA won the game 22-14 back on September 6.

Notable wins over Maryland/DC schools last season (2013) include:

September 13 - Friendly (Won 38-34)
September 27 - Silver Oak (Won 28-6)
October 12 - Archbishop Carroll out of Washington, DC (Won 24-9)
November 8 - McDonough out of Pomfret, MD (Won 48-0)

NOTABLE PLAYERS
#1 - QB/FS Reggie Robinson - Sr. - committed to Morgan State
#5 - RB/LB Davon Julien - Sr. - Maryland has been recruiting him since his junior season, no offer confirmed
#6 - WR/DB Maurice Lewis - Sr. - offers from Towson, Morgan State and Massachusetts
#7 - ATH Jahre Fish - Soph. - Coach Thompson calls him his best college prospect even though he is only a sophomore. Being recruited by Ohio State
#21 - WR/DB Malik Norfleet - Sr. - being recruited by Temple, no offer confirmed - starting point guard for the basketball team
#55 - OL/DL Ali Devore - Sr. - committed to Lincoln University in Pennsylvania
#56 - OL/DL Javon Haines - Sr. - committed to Lincoln University in Pennsylvania
#67 - OL/DL Rolondo Bonilla - Sr. - committed to Salisbury State

QUOTES FROM HEAD COACH CHUCK THOMPSON

"We have a good bit of college talent and I think people at the Fort Hill game will find out why we are 9-1 this year."

"All of my starting skill players run a 4.5 forty (yard dash) or better. They have all been timed and certified by official combines."

"We don't have a playoff to participate in, this (Fort Hill) game is our championship. The kids all know about Fort Hill and where they rank. They are ready to come up there and prove that CCA is a legit program around the state."

"We have watched film and we know Fort Hill runs the ball 90% of the time. We will have to stack the line of scrimmage and hope our speedy defensive backs can cover when need be. We have a great deal of speed in our secondary."

On trying to contain Fort Hill's Ty Johnson
"Number 24 is a great weapon and a great challenge. We are going to put our best defender Malik Norfleet on him the whole game. It should be a good match up to see."

This post was edited on 10/24 4:38 PM by TDHelmick

I was about to post something similar to this. I spoke to one of the coaches this week and they are very confident. He mentioned they are very aware how good Ty and Alex are. I said something about Ty running a 4.3, and he said we've already seen that kind of speed because the team we played in North Carolina had 3 players that ran 4.3.

Those notable wins from last year aren't very notable. The Friendly program was very young last season, Carroll hasn't been good in years (although they do play in a tough conference), and McDonough hasn't been very good since the won the title a few years ago.

The Capitol Christain Boys Basketball team is good too.

Originally posted by BoyznBlue:

Those notable wins from last year aren't very notable. The Friendly program was very young last season, Carroll hasn't been good in years (although they do play in a tough conference), and McDonough hasn't been very good since the won the title a few years ago.

The Capitol Christain Boys Basketball team is good too.
I didn't mean notable wins in regards to the level of competition. I meant notable in regards to comparing scores for someone who knows nothing about this team.

Their coach is extremely confident and expects a tough game. This is a landmark game for this 2 year old football team because they want to become a nationally recognized program and have made no bones about it. CCA still does not have a marquee win yet but snapping the FH 21 game streak would certainly apply in their minds. It's so hard to gauge what type of team this is since their wins this season have been against all home school and charter schools that MATHS would play. They have a roster with kids from DC and the surrounding Maryland suburbs as well as three players from Virginia. A win over FH would give them some clout in regards to pulling in more athletes.

I want to think this team could beat Silver Oak in a close match. But I really don't know what to make of them.

Would like to thank the fort hill coaches who have the balls to get a real good team unlike the korn who has no balls. Should be a great game since FH has 1st place in the west locked up. Bring it on.....

Originally posted by real world:
Would like to thank the fort hill coaches who have the balls to get a real good team unlike the korn who has no balls. Should be a great game since FH has 1st place in the west locked up. Bring it on.....
yeah should be a good game FH 45-7... You can hype them up all u want but we know they aint very good... I mean sure they beat great teams like Maurice J Moyer academy, Central maryland christian crusaders, Paul International school, and yes I even know they beat the awesome team called Varsity Opponent. Last week they beat the mighty 0-3 Virginia Academy 22-20 LMAO... The truth is this team played 1 good team and got beat 41-0. If you think this is a real good team as u say then you know nothing about football.. FH'S 2nd string would beat this team but yeah sum balls...

Have to agree with Camper tht CC isn't good! Coaches and players are all mouth an they'll find out tomorrow playing home school kids doesn't equate well when punched in the mouth! FH by running clock then CC scores in backups

Hope ur no referring to me? Cuz I could care less who FH plays...just stating CC coaches and players will regret all the trash talk

I think they'll come in hyped up and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get a couple of big play scores. However,watching film and knowing we run the ball 90% of the time is no big deal. What you can't learn on the film is how hard you are going to get punched in the mouth. The wind will quickly leave there sails by the 2nd quarter this team will be demoralized. Teams like FH and Alco thrive on playing mouthy little schools like this. I look for a running clock

"Teams like FH and Alco thrive on playing mouthy little schools like this"

I've been saying this for years, they will schedule lesser teams like St. Charles, Walter Johnson, and Capitol Christian, but have a thousand excuses why they can't play Middletown or Martinsburg, lol

In hind sight maybe I was being to critical. I am not an Allegany fan per se but I think all of the kids in the area work their butts off. The things I tried to point out are things I watched with my own eyes and wish were different for Allegany. In the grand scheme of things it's Cumberland we represent and our town is dieing. I would prefer to not see that happen to something that still brings a little pride to this area. So being able to admit when I am wrong, sorry for being a little to much of an a$$. In retrospect this has been a tough week in Cumberland with the loss of 3 kids and an adult. I should keep that in mind. So I am sorry. You are entitled to your opinion of the schedule. But I need to be a little more humble.

Originally posted by FortHillFan89:
In hind sight maybe I was being to critical. I am not an Allegany fan per se but I think all of the kids in the area work their butts off. The things I tried to point out are things I watched with my own eyes and wish were different for Allegany. In the grand scheme of things it's Cumberland we represent and our town is dieing. I would prefer to not see that happen to something that still brings a little pride to this area. So being able to admit when I am wrong, sorry for being a little to much of an a$$. In retrospect this has been a tough week in Cumberland with the loss of 3 kids and an adult. I should keep that in mind. So I am sorry. You are entitled to your opinion of the schedule. But I need to be a little more humble.
I agree FortHillFan89, I'm guilty of the same thing. But people need to realize, it's not with joy that we Fort Hill guys watch the demise of Allegany Football.........I, like you, believe the kids on the West Side work too hard to not reap the benefits of generous and fervent crowd support....we're in this together, Cumberland Football is what it is because both sides of town the Red and the Blue have pushed each other to be better year in and year out......excellence is the standard, it is what we're accustomed to.

Yea fort hill would love the play that power house northern like alco dont know why we dont play middletown that would be a great match up....

Different excuses: either Middletown is too far or they're scared of Fort Hill (yeah right). There are great 2A teams in Moco, PG, and the SMAC - but they have to go to the Eastern Shore to ship in that over-rated team they played last week, lol. They schedule Silver Oak every year and have the nerve to say, "Teams like FH and Alco thrive on playing mouthy little schools like this"

Originally posted by BoyznBlue:
Different excuses: either Middletown is too far or they're scared of Fort Hill (yeah right). There are great 2A teams in Moco, PG, and the SMAC - but they have to go to the Eastern Shore to ship in that over-rated team they played last week, lol. They schedule Silver Oak every year and have the nerve to say, "Teams like FH and Alco thrive on playing mouthy little schools like this"
Name ONE poster here who has said Middletown is scared to play Fort Hill, just one. While we're growing old waiting for that you can also try to find a team of comparable size that will play FH. I think Todd challenged you on that earlier this season when you said there were many and we're still waiting on you......
rolleyes.r191677.gif

I thought that it was pointed out that Middletown hasn't played a season game outside the MVAL in over ten years.

If CCA would quit making dumb mistakes, and stop the flags from flying on the field... This would be a very different game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT