ADVERTISEMENT

FH schedule

towpath94

All State Poster
Nov 13, 2012
per FH twitter page

The #Sentinels will play 8 games at home in 2018, including the first 5 of the season. With 6 new opponents on the schedule, #FH will be renewing two recent teams, taking on a completely new opponent, facing a 90's playoff matchup and refreshing two that's more than 50 years old

Why is it so cryptic? I mean I assume that if they have this much information, then they have the entire schedule finalized...... What moment are we waiting for? Maybe they will stick an official copy of the schedule in an unmarked Hartley's Pizza Box like Willy Wonka and the Golden Ticket for the big reveal! Just release it already.....Yeah, 8 home games is crazy! But if its Appel's last year, then he doesn't care that it will mean 8 away next year. Unless they are 1 and done's or they drop them next year.

I agree, lmao at unmarked Hartley's box

8 home games and Homecoming is away so 9 games at FH. Lots o' stadium pizza with a slice of Ledo's or the Greene Turtle mixed in.

It will be good for revenue but not good for prepping a team to travel for the playoffs or championship for this year or the next. Traveling takes coordination and getting used to it, especially if it is a straight trip and then off the bus. Hope the team does not get spoiled with the routine of so many home games.

here is what we know

Alco
Southern
MR
Hollidaysburg
Morgantown
Silver Oak
Lewis

I'm sure a few charming teams will be included

Last edited:
It will be good for revenue but not good for prepping a team to travel for the playoffs or championship for this year or the next. Traveling takes coordination and getting used to it, especially if it is a straight trip and then off the bus. Hope the team does not get spoiled with the routine of so many home games.

I agree, and doesn't Fort Hill have the home field advantage just about anywhere they play with how they travel? I never minded traveling. You got a comfortable bus ride and you got fed. And while I loved playing at greenway, beating a team at their place was always a little more satisfying to me.

Reactions: towpath94
Loyola
Morgantown
Reginald Lewis
Hollidaysburg
?
Southern
Silver Oak
?
Mt. Ridge
Alco

Weeks 5 and 8...one a 90’s playoff opponent and the other a team FH played in recent years.

I agree with OneRing. Even as a fan I look forward to the roadies and setting up the where to eat at the local spots. If we are all being honest I bet all these home games has to do with Appel's last season. Getting as much of the Friday Night Lights at Greenway as he can. He knows he isn't winning a title this year.

All snark and conjecture aside, I like the early matchups. Weeks 1-4. Some new opponents. Possibly better than average matchups.

Capital and SOA are gimme games. But the rest of the schedule isnt a bad 1A schedule if those are accurate.

I'm trying to remember when FH has had 6 actual MPSSAA 1A schools on the regular season schedule.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
The whole FH/Alco schedule thing is literally like watching Groundhog Day. Only at least that's a movie that's entertaining.

From a rando Alco guy's perspective... I don't really care how FH schedules. I thought last years schedule was really good. But anyone who complains that they schedule weak, which I don't know their schedule for the last 30 years but don't really remember a time when they did schedule weak, why would they care?

Even if FH (or Alco, or anyone) did intentionally schedule weak to get into the playoffs, then they'll get exposed in the playoffs by better teams. Especially with 3 playoff games now and a championship game. But if they're for real, weak schedule or not, then they'll still handle their business in the playoffs against those better teams.

FH has won 19/20 playoff games the last 5 years. So they were either really lucky, or really good. Equally as dumb of a debate about whether or not they've played a weak schedule for the past few years.

THIS IS THE FH SCHEDULE

Loyola
Morgantown
Reginald Lewis
Hollidaysburg
Capitol Christian
at Southern
at Silver Oak
Forest Park
Mountain Ridge
at Alco

Im not sure if all those games are under contract which is probably why they haven't released it to the public. But it does have 8 home games if it sticks.I have no idea if they are multi year deals. If they are FH won't have hardly any home games next season so I'm assuming they are one year deals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT