ADVERTISEMENT

FH/ Predictions anyone?

We wont wear many good teams down like we have the past few years because we are doing what they are doing. Playing many players both ways. It worries me with the depth we have on the sidelines. Head scratcher to me. It's been one of the keys to the team the last few years and now this years team is supposed to arguably be the deepest, most talented team of the last few years and the rotation has been cut down so to speak.

We wont wear many good teams down like we have the past few years because we are doing what they are doing. Playing many players both ways. It worries me with the depth we have on the sidelines. Head scratcher to me. It's been one of the keys to the team the last few years and now this years team is supposed to arguably be the deepest, most talented team of the last few years and the rotation has been cut down so to speak.
You make an excellent point. I have argued in the past there is no way you can tell me the qb should ever be starting on defense. You could work with somebody full time every practice while the qb is crafting his qb skills. Why have a qb practicing defense and taking away from his time perfecting his offensive skills? During the game if a starting defensive player, like the qb, makes a mistake there is not time to go over that mistake when he has to be on the field for offense. In game adjustments can be huge and if the player isn't available to discuss them with how can they adjust? Furthermore, being a safety or db involves some heavy hitting, which may knock him out on any given play, then you have lost two positions to backups. .

Reactions: towpath94
The backup quarterback replaced the starting quarterback on defense for a few plays and actually ended up making a touchdown saving tackle.

The backup quarterback replaced the starting quarterback on defense for a few plays and actually ended up making a touchdown saving tackle.

You are right and that has been my point. The backup QB is one of the players not playing that should be getting some PT. All those players have done well when they've had playing time.They may not do the exact job the starter is doing but in the long run its better for the team in several ways.

The starting QB playing defense is my biggest and really, only gripe about coaching this year. He's a baller, and he can lay the hits...but he has come up gimpy a few times on defense. You can only dodge that bullet so many times.

The starting QB is an amazing safety. That's about all that needs said. Just watch the playoff game versus Alco last year. It's like saying #2 should only play defense.

My theory on injuries is that when you try to avoid them, that's when you get injured. Just play the game and don't worry about injury. Injuries are going to happen in football, it's a fact of life. The only true way to prevent against them is to prepare and strengthen the body.

Lots of people also claim that playing bigger and better opponents will get your players hurt. But I find that the smaller teams who get knocked on their rear ends and into ankles and knees and don't know how to play football with any technique are the times when injuries happen more. The Brunswick and Silver Oak games would be a prime example with bodies flying around airborne.

Last edited:
Reactions: sentinel-nurse
It's 1A football. You put your best players on the field. If that means your QB plays both ways, you do it. This isn't college or a big 4A school. The QB is the best safety on the team, so he plays safety.
A few years ago FH had a QB who was a hell of a D-lineman, so he played on the D-line. That's 1A football and that's the way it's always been.

Fort Hill beats Sherando by 2 scores
Alco comes real close to putting the mercy rule on Northern
South Carroll beats Boonsboro, not really an upset if you look at these two.

I love this forum! It's pretty cool when you get a high school football player to stop in and give us his view and we get a on field perspective. Only wish more would do the same if they could make time. Well Lunch is over back to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: sentinel-nurse
I love this forum! It's pretty cool when you get a high school football player to stop in and give us his view and we get a on field perspective. Only wish more would do the same if they could make time. Well Lunch is over back to work.

did I miss something?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT