ADVERTISEMENT

FH/Oakdale

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
What are your thoughts on the FH/Oakdale game? How good is Oakdale? From their scores against opponents they look good.

I would love to see Fort Hill get this victory and show Frederick County football a thing or two. :)It should be a great game.

I’m not sure what the point standings look like after this past week but if fort hill beats oakdale can they lock up the number 1 seed even if MR would beat them and FH win out?

I’m not sure what the point standings look like after this past week but if fort hill beats oakdale can they lock up the number 1 seed even if MR would beat them and FH win out?
I haven’t looked at them either. But it is a distinct possibility. MR doesn’t have much bonus points from its wins this year. Only 4 so far, and I don’t expect many more from the wins they have already, with Allegany garnering them the most for the rest of the season.

They also don’t play anyone other than 1A schools. The most win points they can get from each win is 5. I’m not sure about Keyser anymore, but I am sure they are considered 1A in MD.

MR should get a decent amount of bonus points from the teams they play the rest of the season.

FH on the other hand would have wins over 4A Old Mill, 3A Oakdale, and over a handful of 1A teams. Old Mill and Oakdale look like they will give FH a nice amount of bonus points as well. I think the key to that scenario is defeating Oakdale. I’m not sure if it is possible if they lose to the Bears.

I am sure Todd will be able to tell us. Lol.

Reactions: 3rd and goals
I haven’t looked at them either. But it is a distinct possibility. MR doesn’t have much bonus points from its wins this year. Only 4 so far, and I don’t expect many more from the wins they have already, with Allegany garnering them the most for the rest of the season.

They also don’t play anyone other than 1A schools. The most win points they can get from each win is 5. I’m not sure about Keyser anymore, but I am sure they are considered 1A in MD.

MR should get a decent amount of bonus points from the teams they play the rest of the season.

FH on the other hand would have wins over 4A Old Mill, 3A Oakdale, and over a handful of 1A teams. Old Mill and Oakdale look like they will give FH a nice amount of bonus points as well. I think the key to that scenario is defeating Oakdale. I’m not sure if it is possible if they lose to the Bears.

I am sure Todd will be able to tell us. Lol.

And Hollidaysburg would be considered 2A.

Fort Hill better be ready to defend the pass. Pippin has a great arm at QB and he has Cameron Dorner on the receiving end who is a matchup nightmare, just ask Linganore! I am fairly certain that all of Oakdale’s scoring drives last night were less than 2 minutes, which included erasing a 21 point deficit in the last 6 minutes (after Linganore used a 40-6 run to get that lead).

Oakdale has good size on their lines but Linganore was getting a good push from their O-line and was able to run the ball very effectively. As long as Fort Hill sticks to Fort Hill football and runs the ball and keeps the Oakdale offense off the field, I think they have a shot. In my opinion, this will be, by far, the best team Fort Hill sees all year.

Reactions: JONGO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT