ADVERTISEMENT

FH/MR

I think the question has to be asked...why??? Why would you put him back into a game where the game was over.
I know you know this as you offer excellent insight and commentary.

Answer: Stats/next level goals. You can't get All-State without a buck fitty plus average per game. Film/X account. Those runs were impressive too = goals achieved or exceeded for the game in a couple plays. Plain and simple. Ever notice when 1 player gets good offensive stats the coaching staff will feature another player during a series or quarter? Spreading the statistical wealth to get that film. Those MAD stickers. Collegiate attention.

Generally, he wasn't needed - the game was under control. But he really didn't get a ton of reps in the first half. And injury wise, it was muscle spasms so it wasn't an injury that required non play. Nothing needed to heal.

Might as well get some reps in prep for next week.
I'm going to throw a little rivalry humor in here, so keep it in perspective please.

It was the second half last night in Frostburg with a running clock and the FH first unit was still in the game. I looked at the person sitting next to me and said now is the time where FH needs to work on their passing game. What is Mountain Ridge going to do, drop FH from the schedule? It's not like the Miners are going to stop throwing passes with a big lead.

What is even more humorous to that situation is that opponents generally get mad when FH tries to work on their passing game and throw the ball with a big lead. But in a "running up the score" reality, they are better off letting FH throw the ball then continuing to let them rip off 70 yard touchdown runs up the gut 😂

I agree Todd. I would have much rather FH tried to throw the ball, lol. Like I said earlier, Ridge has struggled to stop the run all season. I knew they wouldn't be able to contain the rushing attack of Big Red.

Reactions: Tony54
Last night hopefully showed that maybe FH isn’t so bad and Dunbar, briar woods, and hollidaysburg were just better than we all thought. When it comes to playing 1A teams, FH is still the king of the mountain.

Glaring question from last night: why did Daniel’s go back in that game in the second half and why did he play multiple possessions in the second half?
Fort hill is what we thought they were. Everyone predicted 2 to 4 losses this year. They are a very good team, just not up to Fort Hill standards. Fort Hill last year is 4 to 5 touchdowns better. Fort hill might get tested in the playoffs.

I'm going to throw a little rivalry humor in here, so keep it in perspective please.

It was the second half last night in Frostburg with a running clock and the FH first unit was still in the game. I looked at the person sitting next to me and said now is the time where FH needs to work on their passing game. What is Mountain Ridge going to do, drop FH from the schedule? It's not like the Miners are going to stop throwing passes with a big lead.

What is even more humorous to that situation is that opponents generally get mad when FH tries to work on their passing game and throw the ball with a big lead. But in a "running up the score" reality, they are better off letting FH throw the ball then continuing to let them rip off 70 yard touchdown runs up the gut 😂
It is funny, but it’s true

Fort hill is what we thought they were. Everyone predicted 2 to 4 losses this year. They are a very good team, just not up to Fort Hill standards. Fort Hill last year is 4 to 5 touchdowns better. Fort hill might get tested in the playoffs.
I truly believe their playing the level of teams, the Dunbars and the Briar Woods etc, are going to help them address and improve on any overall shortcomings by seasons end going into the playoffs.

Wow, I just watched the roughing the passer penalty called on FH late in the first quarter from two anges. I know it is difficult to ref but when you are just behind the QB it’s ridiculous to blow that call. There is no way in the history of football that this was remotely a roughing the passer call.
Meh, maybe not. But that game was chippy with multiple unsportsmanlike penalties, and even one disqualification of a Ridge player (which I'm told many of the FH fans didn't even realize because the speakers weren't reaching the away bleachers).

I think officials were erring on the side of caution to keep the tensions low.

Reactions: ravemwp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT