ADVERTISEMENT

FH/MR

Anyone think this will be close?
If FH only runs up the middle, it will be close.

It has been this time in recent seasons that FH has started to unexpectedly run the QB to the perimeter with the option of running, hand off, or throwing. In the past, this has helped to open up the offense.

If this happens, FH can win by 30+.

At the same time, if any team knows FH, it is MR.

Anyone think this will be close?
No. I hope I am wrong though. The Big Uglies for Ridge have struggled on both sides of the ball. They struggle to run the ball, and they struggle to stop the run. I don't see them being able to contain the FH running game. I have the utmost confidence in the Ridge coaching staff in putting in a great game plan, but can the boys execute.

I think the only way this game stays close is if the FH offense lets it stay close with fumbles and conservative play calls. I don’t think the ridge offense has enough fire power to sustain drives and score enough to win this.

FH 42-10

I think the only way this game stays close is if the FH offense lets it stay close with fumbles and conservative play calls. I don’t think the ridge offense has enough fire power to sustain drives and score enough to win this.

FH 42-10
Don't forget the penalties. I am amazed at how many times FH starts off a drive with an offsides. Against a team that gets the wing-t you can't start off drives behind the stacks and expect to move the ball. I wouldn't underestimate MR, they know how to stop fh and they will do anything on offense to try and move the ball. They may not have the manpower to do those things this year but again, if FH turns it over and commits penalties it's a close on.e.

The only thing I am sure about is that Mountain Ridge will put at least eight guys right near the line of scrimmage and dare Fort Hill to throw the ball. I’m not sure if that will be enough manpower to stop the run. The big question Is if they can stop the run will Fort Hill throw more than three times?

On paper, I'd say FH is a 3 TD favorite. However, this could be one of those games where the things that need to go right for FH don't, and the things that need to go right for Ridge, do. I don't foresee it being a close enough game for a couple mistakes to completely turn the tides - but you just never know. I do think that FH will have some success on the outside with #5 which in turn will loosen up the middle for #3. But I would like to see them work in some passing, even just some outs or quick hits across the middle to get behind the run-first defense.

On the flip side, Ridge has no reason to be conservative, they know that this is a tune up for the playoffs. And either way, the road to Annapolis goes though Allegany County. Will they use this game to try and find some strategies for a potential rematch? That could be the bigger picture to tonights game. Does FH keep it basic on purpose? Does Ridge come out trying to sling the ball around?

I think FH wins 41-17 - but I do think the Ridge coaching staff will take whatever intel they can squeeze out of this game for a potentially closer match-up in the playoffs. Neither team is of the same ilk they've been the last few years.

The only thing I am sure about is that Mountain Ridge will put at least eight guys right near the line of scrimmage and dare Fort Hill to throw the ball. I’m not sure if that will be enough manpower to stop the run. The big question Is if they can stop the run will Fort Hill throw more than three times?
First three plays #3 up the middle, whoda thunk it?

Don't forget the penalties. I am amazed at how many times FH starts off a drive with an offsides. Against a team that gets the wing-t you can't start off drives behind the stacks and expect to move the ball. I wouldn't underestimate MR, they know how to stop fh and they will do anything on offense to try and move the ball. They may not have the manpower to do those things this year but again, if FH turns it over and commits penalties it's a close on.e.
Nothing like a senior leader getting a mouthing off penalty...smart.
Anybody else thinking the #8 experiment is just about over? Give #11 a chance to be another runner in the backfield.

Reactions: ravemwp
Jabril is probably done for the year. His wrist was getting splinted on the field.

FH Injury to #3, Mountain Ridge fan in the background yells I hope it's broke... dude 30 seconds later he's POS... SMH
Thank god no FH fan has ever said anything like that.
These announcers are very generous. MR has completed a second and 36 into a drive ending with a field goal and they said the FH defense is playing great.
They also the FH offense is "dynamic".

Last edited:
Thank god no FH fan has ever said anything like that.
These announcers are very generous. MR has completed a second and 36 into a drive ending with a field goal and they said the FH defense is playing great.
They also the FH offense is "dynamic".
Yeah... no. Anyhow. Younger 74 yd TD run. 14-3 FH

3 is back out on the field. #I finally
Got to show his talent tonight with 3 out…wow give that boy the ball he runs it hard and they can’t take him down.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD QUIT RUNNING THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE

Reactions: Argox66
I like that Younger ran hard, be nice to have a few options from that position.

FH also throwing a couple nice short passes. Just enough.

Reactions: BIGREDFAN08
3 is back out on the field. #I finally
Got to show his talent tonight with 3 out…wow give that boy the ball he runs it hard and they can’t take him down.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD QUIT RUNNING THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE
I'm having Jim Chaney flashbacks, you know?

Apparently he didn't leave in the ambulance and went up to urgent care, got checked out and wrapped up, then came back. But yeah, not sure why he would come back in, but if it was just a sprain...I guess why not.

I apologize for my over dramatic post about the injury initially...but for any of you at the game who saw him hold his wrist up, it was crooked af. I was sitting on the Ridge side right on the yard line where he went down. Everyone thought it looked way worse than what it was.

Reactions: ravemwp
Apparently he didn't leave in the ambulance and went up to urgent care, got checked out and wrapped up, then came back. But yeah, not sure why he would come back in, but if it was just a sprain...I guess why not.

I apologize for my over dramatic post about the injury initially...but for any of you at the game who saw him hold his wrist up, it was crooked af. I was sitting on the Ridge side right on the yard line where he went down. Everyone thought it looked way worse than what it was.
Absolutely thought something was broken. It looked really bad from the FH side as well.

Last night hopefully showed that maybe FH isn’t so bad and Dunbar, briar woods, and hollidaysburg were just better than we all thought. When it comes to playing 1A teams, FH is still the king of the mountain.

Glaring question from last night: why did Daniel’s go back in that game in the second half and why did he play multiple possessions in the second half?

Last night hopefully showed that maybe FH isn’t so bad and Dunbar, briar woods, and hollidaysburg were just better than we all thought. When it comes to playing 1A teams, FH is still the king of the mountain.

Glaring question from last night: why did Daniel’s go back in that game in the second half and why did he play multiple possessions in the second half?
Generally, he wasn't needed - the game was under control. But he really didn't get a ton of reps in the first half. And injury wise, it was muscle spasms so it wasn't an injury that required non play. Nothing needed to heal.

Might as well get some reps in prep for next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT