ADVERTISEMENT

FH JV just got embarrassed

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
First half FH 4 turnovers and a dozen penalties. This JV team is really slow. Slowest group I can recall. Line of scrimmage got really beat. Dissappointing effort to put it mildly. One of the worst performances in a very long time.

Last edited:
Allegany has a real good qb, who went out first couple minutes of second qtr and did not return.

It was 31-0 Alco when I left with around 7 minutes to go. Final was 38-12. Surprising result, FH won this game by 2 scores week 1, Alco has 10 sophomores and 14 freshmen against all sophomores for FH. Alco had the line of scrimmage. The Alco QB had a concussion and didn't play second half.

FH has QB and best defensive player on varsity and starting halfback out most of year. Both the 2 fastest kids on JV. As evident tonight by how slow FH looked. That stat always goes both ways.

It definitely looked like ALCO was ready for this game. Congratulations on your little homecoming victory

FH has QB and best defensive player on varsity and starting halfback out most of year. Both the 2 fastest kids on JV. As evident tonight by how slow FH looked. That stat always goes both ways.
Is this an excuse for playing agisnt freshman

Last edited:
Every year its stated the same.......We had 4 kids on varsity and every year it the same..........Alco loses Homecoming

FH had 39 Carries for 38 yds but that's because the QB had -52 yds. Alco 38 carries for 264 yds. FH 5 fumbles-lost 4 Alco 2 fumbles-lost 1.penalties FH 8-53 yds. Alco 6-50yds

Allegany's full back is a beast. Allegany can stop the beast-type full backs at anytime. Congrats to the Allegany full back. I wish I could remember his name. I know it starts with an "H" but I'd rather not completely butcher his name.

Both teams have players on varsity as always. Allegany played a great game and FH didn't have their A game. No reason to argue about it. The FH ppl said congrats and Alco should be a little humble. Let's wait until our varsity beats them.

It's an advantage to have a freshman team. But it's also a disadvantage for the JV from a competitive standpoint.. If the two combined I'm sure there would be 6 or so freshmen start who are better than some of the sophomores that now get more playing time. Much like on varsity some juniors will start over seniors.

It's an advantage to have a freshman team. But it's also a disadvantage for the JV from a competitive standpoint.. If the two combined I'm sure there would be 6 or so freshmen start who are better than some of the sophomores that now get more playing time. Much like on varsity some juniors will start over seniors.
I disagree with this. I think if there is a need for a particular position then a sophmore would move to varsity as would a freshman to JV

Reactions: camper21502
First off, it's good to see the FH guys congratulating the Alco fans. So hopefully I speak for most Alco guys (except for Lags...lol) when I say thanks, it's good to hear that from the other side of town, especially after the run you guys have been on now for so many years.

What most of us in the blue corner are hoping for now is that the current JV kids can transition their success to varsity. We've seen it before where one side wins little Homecoming, sometimes even sweeping Freshman and JV, then the next few years in a row those kids never win Homecoming on varsity. It's happened to us a number of times. I have confidence that Coach Hansel and his staff can continue developing Alco to where we can get back to the level of winning Homecoming and hopefully back to states at some point. But it's always going to be a dogfight at best because FH is run so well from top to bottom.

Safe to say a new coaching regime is what both schools ultimately needed. It's proven to be great for FH... so we're hoping it goes the same way for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT