ADVERTISEMENT

FH grads seeing FCS action this past weekend

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Wanted to take a moment and congratulate recent Fort Hill grads Luke Hamilton and Keegan Miller for ballin' this weekend for their respective FCS level programs (Division I-AA as I still call it). Luke got the start for Towson at fullback in their win over The Citadel and Keegan Miller saw action at linebacker/spur for the Purple Paladins of Furman as they defeated Charleston Southern. Both played for the FH 2017 team. Nice job!! Both are only redshirt freshmen. That takes a ton of work and effort.

Oh, and in case you live under a rock...former FH running back Ty Johnson made the Detroit Lions 53 man roster.

Luke Hamilton
Towson
recruiting_luke_towson.jpg

Keegan Miller
Furman
recruiting_keegan_miller.jpg

Last edited:
Great job Luke and Keegan! Good timing Helmick, some on here just want to talk about the ones that decided not to play. lets not forget we also have an nfler. Fort Hill just isn't a school that wins championships! The program produces tough, dedicated kids. Yes, some decide not to complete their eligibility, but the focus on this board should be the ones that do.

that 2017 team was a good one. one drive away from a record 5th straight title. still though, those kids played great football. probably three of the best game I ever saw in the stadium. 44-42 over a florida state power, 21-20 in that alco playoff game where fh was 1 play better, and of course, the lackey 34-33 game where big red stopped the 2 pt. conversion to win the game. great year for those kids. very memorable.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I always wonder what happens to the local kids when they go to the next level. Seems like you don’t hear a whole lot about how they’re doing (with a few exceptions) I saw there’s also an article in the paper today about Hamilton. Glad to see there is coverage on them.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Congrats to both. My son played some baseball with Luke in the his earlier years and we kept in touch with him throughout his school career. Great football player but even a better young man. Hard workers both of them for sure!!

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT