ADVERTISEMENT

FH fans language horrible

#3 This is high school, and your personal examples were that of the collegian, and professional level... you know, where they serve alcohol at the games

Is the OP topic foul language or drunkenness???? It seems like more and more topics are being brought up other than the original topic...
We'll just have to agree to disagree

It seemed as if they were being grouped together

However, I'm excluding the alcohol factor... I'm just talking about individuals behavior reguadless of influence

Totally agree. This is something that every adult in the stadium needs to address when we see it.

With tat said, It is interesting to me to see that Cumbfan backed up his first post with a comment on how nice the Alco fans were to be around. He must not have heard the booing, and the remarks about the "Fort Hill" refs that were calling the game against Alco. I also heard the complaints that Fort Hill people were not backing the home team. This was after a remark about all those D--- people sitting on the visitors side wearing red jackets. I pointed out that maybe they like the visitors side, it is higher, but they were apparently standing up when Boonsboro had some big plays and this had them in an uproar. oh well, such is high school football in Cumberland.

I myself was rooting for Alco but for anyone to openly complain about a fan of the one of the city schools not rooting for their cross town rival is as soft shouldered as it gets. Like you said I'd bet most of those people sit/stand in those same spots no matter who plays at the stadium. A friend was rooting for Boonsboro but only because FH hasn't played them in a few years.

It's the same reason pee wee teams cringe at the thought of playing the Cardinals. I took my daughter off of that team's cheerleading squad because after losing in the championship 5 or 6 years ago there was a parent amoung 10-12 year olds screaming out "I'm a go pop my trunk"!!!! In other words he was threatening to kill people over a loss... just wow

That doesn't surprise me at all. I feel so bad for those kids down there and have for many years. The "adults" that they have running things down there are the farthest thing from being role models. Half of them don't have jobs and never played the game yet they think they can be role models for kids all while cursing like sailors during games, threatening referees, arguing with other coaches and parents, acting like 3 years old on Facebook etc. I wouldn't want my kids to grow up to be like them. It's no surprise that the kids from that team that make it to FH usually have a good home structure. The ones that don't, no matter the skill level, don't make it on the field at FH which should be where those "role models" earn their keep. Here I go getting off topic....damn it.

Reactions: camper21502
At the FH game I stood much of the first half up along the visitor fence. I heard an almost unbearable amount of whining. Complaining about the refs, telling the kids to get their heads in the game, a lot of "how is that a penalty?!", and generally ridiculous comments..what I did NOT hear was curse words outside the realm of a couple hells, damns and a maybe a shit or two. No f words, no dickheads, mofo, any of George Carlins words you cant say on television.

Does that mean that NO ONE said those words? no, maybe somewhere it was said. but the tone of this thread makes it sound like it was horribly pervasive, and well, I just didnt notice it. I will.admit though, I moved later in the game because I couldnt take the complaining by a specific group of people. But this thread is about cussing.

As for hamspear, seriously..you will "never be back" isnt a threat, its due to Sherando not playing FH anymore. So you are safe from having your sensitive ears hurt or watching Sherando get their butts kicked at Greenway anymore. But its nice to see you're posting again. I guess the surgery to have your foot removed from your mouth was a success. ;)

At the FH game I stood much of the first half up along the visitor fence. I heard an almost unbearable amount of whining. Complaining about the refs, telling the kids to get their heads in the game, a lot of "how is that a penalty?!", and generally ridiculous comments..what I did NOT hear was curse words outside the realm of a couple hells, damns and a maybe a shit or two. No f words, no dickheads, mofo, any of George Carlins words you cant say on television.

Does that mean that NO ONE said those words? no, maybe somewhere it was said. but the tone of this thread makes it sound like it was horribly pervasive, and well, I just didnt notice it. I will.admit though, I moved later in the game because I couldnt take the complaining by a specific group of people. But this thread is about cussing.

As for hamspear, seriously..you will "never be back" isnt a threat, its due to Sherando not playing FH anymore. So you are safe from having your sensitive ears hurt or watching Sherando get their butts kicked at Greenway anymore. But its nice to see you're posting again. I guess the surgery to have your foot removed from your mouth was a success. ;)

Agree totally. I've stood on the visitor fence many times and never witnessed the type of behavior people are describing. I bring my 11 year-old all the time and I've never had a negative experience.

I just want to make going to high school football game great again. There are good quality stadium seats being taken from decent citizens of this city. It's driving business out of the stadium and forcing radio to rise to power. If we don't do something we're just gonna have more seasons of the past that has been a disaster for good people trying to enjoy the games. ;-)

LOL, this is totally untrue!
My nephew plays for the team so I know what im talking about. I go to alot of his home games. That organization is a mess. I was at the game where the A-team coach quit because couple of his players were telling the other team to go f themselves and giving the middle finger. One kid pulled a kaepernick and kneeled for the anthem. Couple of the players wouldnt shake the other teams hand after the game. If you never heard rap music with lots of N-words and F-bombs then you have never been to a Cumberland Cardinals home game or just dont pay any attention to that kind of thing..

Reactions: towpath94
My nephew plays for the team so I know what im talking about. I go to alot of his home games. That organization is a mess. I was at the game where the A-team coach quit because couple of his players were telling the other team to go f themselves and giving the middle finger. One kid pulled a kaepernick and kneeled for the anthem. Couple of the players wouldnt shake the other teams hand after the game. If you never heard rap music with lots of N-words and F-bombs then you have never been to a Cumberland Cardinals home game or just dont pay any attention to that kind of thing..

Let me say this, I can't speak about the organization as a whole, lol. I know they did win the A team championship last year and this year's C team was pretty good. The other allegations you made may be true, but I can say for a fact that they don't play music containing any slurs or profanity either before, during or after the games. And why are you waiting until the end of the season to post this on a message board? A responsible adult would have reported this to the Tri-State commissioner back in September.

Last edited:
Let me say this, I can't speak about the organization as a whole, lol. I know they did win the A team championship last year and this year's C team was pretty good. The other allegations you made may be true, but I can say for a fact that they don't play music containing any slurs or profanity either before, during or after the games. And why are you waiting until the end of the season to post this on a message board? A responsible adult would have reported this to the Tri-State commissioner back in September.

Boyz ... they play the CD music u made for them lmao. during pregame and halftime.
zero N or F words .

Reactions: BoyznBlue
I just want to make going to high school football game great again. There are good quality stadium seats being taken from decent citizens of this city. It's driving business out of the stadium and forcing radio to rise to power. If we don't do something we're just gonna have more seasons of the past that has been a disaster for good people trying to enjoy the games. ;-)

"It's driving business out of the stadium and forcing radio to rise to power."

I think it has more to do with the crap teams on the schedules than a few fan's language... Just my opinion

"It's driving business out of the stadium and forcing radio to rise to power."

I think it has more to do with the crap teams on the schedules than a few fan's language... Just my opinion

Just thought I would put it in language you'd better understand..... Trump 2020

Just trade some words out... make It great again... come on! Quality seats... quality jobs ... it's to early for me to fully break it down, but come on

Fact or Fiction a player in red committed 3 acts against the law in a week and is still playing tonight?????

Reactions: OneRing
Fact or Fiction a player in red committed 3 acts against the law in a week and is still playing tonight?????

If so he must have been on the Shannon Stevens football probation plan. LOL. Or he quit at halftime and came back to play in the 2nd half.

On another downer note, me heard that #10 is good to go tonight for the red team. I'm sure FH coaches did all they could to cheat that process.

If so he must have been on the Shannon Stevens football probation plan. LOL. Or he quit at halftime and came back to play in the 2nd half.

On another downer note, me heard that #10 is good to go tonight for the red team. I'm sure FH coaches did all they could to cheat that process.
You could not have said this any better - bravo!

Some things are not defensible. At least we do see occasionally that some star collegiate athletes are held accountable by their coaches regardless of the importance of a game. This is one area that I totally draw the line.

For me, this undermines all the verbiage about dignity and honor of a program and its storied sense of community. How can any program talk about its standards and ethics after allowing a person who besmirched the school and the team suit up in the next game.
Sure, I am forgiving of youth, but surely forcing a kid to sit out a game and contemplate his actions is needed, if not for the sake of the kid. All you are teaching a young man here is that he can skirt responsibility and all for a silly football game.

Oh goodie! Been waiting for politics to slime in at the first available opportunity. (Why should this forum escape all the sore loser crap?) Perhaps you only heard the filth and foul coming from the paid for rent-a-rioters who made $1,500.00 each from the Hillary campaign to show up at the Trump rallies and create violence?

But back to WMD football... The worst I heard was attending a MR/FH game in Frostburg. During the pregame they were blaring rap music over the speakers, loaded with F-bombs and N-words. The cheerleaders were clapping and dancing to it while the parents in the stands appeared oblivious.

Disrespect, hate and vulgarity are everywhere. How we react to it today only depends on who is dishing it out. A prime example can be found with all those loving and compassionate street crowds who hate the millions of other folks who aren't as loving and compassionate as they are.

Wow! This is the first time that Lags was the one not bring politics into it.
Good for you for once in your life Lags. You weren't the troll this time. You just fed it.

Cumbfan, I understand about not wanting your son to be around a bunch of foul mouths but you had a good teaching moment there. You could have confronted these individuals face to face, or moved from where you were sitting, or even contacted a police officer or one of the school's admin. Instead, I'm afraid that you might have given your 11 year old a lesson in bigotry. Lumping all fans into one category and condemning them all. I'll give you another option, I usually sit in section C2-row 9 seats 5-11, with my sister, and sometimes my brother in law. We always have at least two extra seats, except for homecoming. Your more than welcome to come with your boy and sit with us. I promise you that you wont hear any swear words from this section. The worse that you hear is that crazy guy who yells "You can't do that!" when the opposing team gets a penalty.

Yes, the people yelling aren't the fools. Obviously, the person who hears it is the bigot.
Making excuses for morons just because those morons root for the same school as you is about as low as you can get.

Boom....drops then mic.

BigSavage is right. I don't like people being idiots but I have been challenging it if it's around me and my kids.I have been to what literally feels like thousands of games, all sports, and I can tell you the problem is rampant, it's not limited to a specific sport or place. I was at a High School Soccer Game in West Virginia this year where the ref literally had to stop the game to walk over to the home side bleachers and tell people to quit cussing or he would have them ejected from the event. It's a societal problem, not a Fort Hill problem. But, if you see it, even if it's one of your own, confront it or get authorities, don't just whine about it.

Everyone hates Duke and the Yankees too.

Sure, just like all the other teams get reprimanded for racial language. Lots of winning teams walk of the field for that right?
But hey, since another team in the country has fans that have to cuss at kids, its perfectly fine and healthy for FH fans to do the same.
I can't tell if you are trying to convince yourself, or someone else

Wow! This is the first time that Lags was the one not bring politics into it.
Good for you for once in your life Lags. You weren't the troll this time. You just fed it.

Well actually, I give bad troll - so it's something I generally eschew. Here, you have a valid point for once - then again, you bumped my post and fed it.

Couldn't have been selling drugs, that is one line FH won't let you cross.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT