ADVERTISEMENT

FH/Dunbar Game.. and what really matters on the board.

ConeyIsland

Varsity Poster
Oct 9, 2017
Didn't get to see much of the first half, but the second half FH just couldn't get the momentum going that they needed. As I stated in a thread last week that now has 5,500 views and 500 responses, most of them angry lol.. if FH could spread out their D and stop the pass, they'd be fine. But in the end, Dunbar had an offense that can stretch the field more and use speed and space more to their advantage, and that's exactly what they did. And when you get behind it's hard being a FH or Alco squad with our type of offenses that unless you break long runs, can't really score as fast as a team that's got really good speed at the skill positions.

I agree with a few of the posters saying that FH was out-coached here. Dunbar called a better game and mixed up the plays, whereas FH seemed fairly predictable. That's one of the fallbacks of our offense though... if things are going well, it's easy to call a game. But if either of us are down and need to catch up (aka, pass the ball) then the opposition knows it's coming, and frankly, it's tough to play pass the ball and catch up with the Wing-T. Any time we go out of our base offense and spread it out a little, it's clear as day that we're going to pass. And as I noted last week, defending that style of offense is what Dunbar does a lot more often than either of our teams do.

Great season for FH though. Definitely worthy of being in the game, and losing by 4 points is nothing to be ashamed of. I disagree with Appel saying that FH played teams they shouldn't have had to play to get there. I think FH played exactly who they needed to play all year. They scheduled some good teams, weren't handed a thing, had to fight for everything they got and fell a few points short in the end. Sounds like a pretty good season to me.

Shout out to the few posters reading into minor details that actually don't matter and getting people on the other side fired up.. makes for some dumbing, yet entertaining stuff.

Problem is, you guys are getting a little monotonous... can you at least start mixing it up a little? The scheduling arguments, the Alco guys saying we should've beat FH in round 2/we have more titles and the FH guys saying "we beat you guys all the time though" is getting stale. Hate to break the news to you there. Now that it's the off-season, hopefully we can all find something to freshen up the board with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT