ADVERTISEMENT

FH depth question

towpath94

All State Poster
Nov 13, 2012
I was talking to a good buddy of mine on the phone last night that was at the SO game (no way I was making that trip) and we were discussing this. Anyone that has been following this group over the years that is currently the FH varsity team knows they are pretty deep. I've even read it numerous times on here this year. My question is especially with so many cake walk games to be played why risk so many players playing both ways?

By my count there are basically 7 players starting both ways or getting significant PT on both sides of the ball. 2, 20, 4, 63, 10, 9, 21 and yesterday when 9 went down 23 and 76 filled in and they already start. With all this depth on the sidelines and most of it coming back next year that will be relied on to play big roles next year why not use so many of these games to take advantage of this great problem to have? You have 3, 5, 32, 52, 54 off the top of my head and probably a few others waiting in the wings. Some of them have proven they can play at the varsity level already this year but you only see them at mop up duty when the clock is running. I don't know I am not a coach but I'd use my great depth to make next years team better and more importantly this year avoid an injury to a key player. I'd understand when playing Sherando and Alco maybe not using all the depth but the rest of the games it would be beneficial in many ways to use that depth. It just looks like to me a team with so much depth isn't using any depth at all.

Just an observation. Go Big Red

My question is when is the starters going to play more than 25 minutes of a game. They should be well rested for a whole game.

I think the coaches want to keep their starters in shape to play 4 quarters of football, and that comes with the risk of injury. It's one of those situations where the coach gets criticized either way, lol. I'm assuming those 7 players are significantly better than the back-ups. Just about every game this season will be a blow out so it shouldn't be difficult to get playing time for everyone.

probably not until Sherando.
Really? Sherando is 2-3 with their 2 wins coming from Jefferson (1-3) & Washington (0-4). They'll be 3-3 after Friday when they beat James Wood (1-4). Sherando is no where near what they were last year, regardless if they still have their MLB.

Really? Sherando is 2-3 with their 2 wins coming from Jefferson (1-3) & Washington (0-4). They'll be 3-3 after Friday when they beat James Wood (1-4). Sherando is no where near what they were last year, regardless if they still have their MLB.

ahhh thanks for the info. It makes my post even more of a head scratcher. Many opportunities to make the team better with all these blowouts especially with the quality depth they have.

Reactions: Red Neck
I'm holding my breathe in games like tonight especially with so many starters in up by 50+. Already lost 1 starter (not in blowout but still a big injury)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT