ADVERTISEMENT

Edmondson/FH

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Edmondson has a 6’10 Freshman and 6’8 Sophomore. BW should get on them 2. Hopefully someone will give updates of the game.

Reactions: ravemwp
Edmondson has a 6’10 Freshman and 6’8 Sophomore. BW should get on them 2. Hopefully someone will give updates of the game.
Just because they are tall doesn't necessarily mean they can play. LOL. Somehow these guys lost 7 games. Keys for FH success against EWS length and pressure.
1) Protect the basketball.
2) Correct spacing, sharp passing, NO LAZY PASSES on offense.
3) Defensive rebounding, MUST BLOCK OUT AGAINT LENGTH. No second chances.
4) Continue to play aggressive balls to the wall pressure defense. Do not allow them to throw over the top of your pressure. Speed them up and make them uncomfortable. Don't allow them to set their offense.
5) Most importantly FH must shoot well. Hot shooting equalizes opposition length.
GO BIG RED. Leave it all on the court.

They are Baltimore City runner up, losing in the championship to City College who is 26-0, maybe the best public school team in Maryland and one of the best teams in Maryland. FH can win, they will have to shoot good from the outside.

Reactions: ravemwp
One thing about it, Mikey won’t be intimidated playing on this stage with having spent 3 years playing better competition at BW. I think FH wins today and Mikey explodes for 35-40

One thing about it, Mikey won’t be intimidated playing on this stage with having spent 3 years playing better competition at BW. I think FH wins today and Mikey explodes for 35-40
I said something similar the other day about Mikey playing on this stage.

Reactions: 3rd and goals
Mismatch. Basketball just not the same between this area and that area. Much the same as football in reverse. FH has never had a 6'8 player in my lifetime yet alone two of them on the same team.

Great year for FH. Lots of good quality kids coming up through the winning JV and middle school programs to work with. Hope this success continues. Thanks to all coaches and players for a memorable season.

Last edited:
Mismatch. Basketball just not the same between this area and that area. Much the same as football in reverse. FH has never had a 6'8 player in my lifetime yet alone two of them on the same team.

Great year for FH. Lots of good quality kids coming up through the winning JV and middle school programs to work with. Hope this success continues. Thanks to all coaches and players for a memorable season.
You seem to always know way more than the rest of us about FH athletics. Having said this year was a very nice change from the mediocre/average/.5oo teams of recent years do you really think without a player who had three years at an elite basketball program, along with a couple guys who wouldn't normally have played if he hadn't come along, a coach who was added but won't be there next year...is there any reason to think FH won't just slip back into what has been for many years?

You seem to always know way more than the rest of us about FH athletics. Having said this year was a very nice change from the mediocre/average/.5oo teams of recent years do you really think without a player who had three years at an elite basketball program, along with a couple guys who wouldn't normally have played if he hadn't come along, a coach who was added but won't be there next year...is there any reason to think FH won't just slip back into what has been for many years?
Can't answer that one. But I do see seemingly a better commitment at the lower levels to get better and develop and I know the FH varsity coaches see it and want to nurture that process. The JV team only lost 2 games. The 8th grade team at Washington hasn't lost in 3 years under Coach Gavin Polumbo. The 7th grade team under Jimmy Washington only lost 3 games this season.

Sometimes it is about the Jimmy and Joe's not just the X's and O's. Winning breeds winning and losing can breed losing. Hopefully this changes FH fortunes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT