ADVERTISEMENT

Disqualified player

I watched the play where he was ejected. It was a complete BS call by the ref. The QB slid at the very last split second. #9 was attempting to make a tackle but it appeared he was attempting to make a tackle at the QB’s midsection, but he went over the top and hit the QB’s helmet when the QB went down at the latest possible moment. It was not even a hard hit. QB’s or any ball carriers should not be allowed to slide. It is putting themselves at increased danger because it is almost humanly impossible for any player, even NFL athletes to avoid contact at the very last moment. We have seen QB’s at the college level and NFL level use a faint at a slide to score long touchdowns. It’s garbage. Despite all of the ranting, the player was ejected and itnis my understanding he must sit out the next game. It happened near the end of the 1st Qtr.

Steven Robinson - TEAM LEADERS
No. 1 Rusher: 181 carries, 1824 yards, 10.1 avg, 24 TD
No. 3 Receiver: 23 receptions, 383 yards, 7 TD
No. 1 Touchdowns - 31 total
No. 2 in total tackles from his middle linebacker spot

LINK: Joppatowne Stats

There is quite a "pandemic" of sickness making it's way thru the FH team. A significant number of starters are ailing currently. Hopefully all are well by Friday night.

Honestly, I hope the Mariners player gets to play the second half. If his ejection happened in the first quarter, he may get credit for missing the second half of the last game.

There is quite a "pandemic" of sickness making it's way thru the FH team. A significant number of starters are ailing currently. Hopefully all are well by Friday night.

Honestly, I hope the Mariners player gets to play the second half. If his ejection happened in the first quarter, he may get credit for missing the second half of the last game.
This has been making its rounds since the Southern playoff game ended. I know more people sick now then ever were when COVID was in full swing.

Honestly, I hope the Mariners player gets to play the second half. If his ejection happened in the first quarter, he may get credit for missing the second half of the last

This is nothing new. It’s been going on for a few months through the schools all over the country. Last month, 1000 students and teachers were sick with flu-like symptoms at Stafford HS in VA. It’s been ongoing for months in a Allegany County in schools and offices. It’s better the FH team gets through the mess now and builds immunity before next week.

My understanding is it's not quarter's, it's games. Regardless of when the ejection occurred the prior game,

This is nothing new. It’s been going on for a few months through the schools all over the country. Last month, 1000 students and teachers were sick with flu-like symptoms at Stafford HS in VA. It’s been ongoing for months in a Allegany County in schools and offices. It’s better the FH team gets through the mess now and builds immunity before next week.
I know it's not new or unheard of. Just pointing out the significant number of FH players who are affected right now. To the point of practice being canceled at one point already this week. But yeah it is lucky for FH they are playing Joppatowne this week and not Ridge, and fortuitous that Joppatowne top back is missing the game.

Currently 17 players out or sick, including key playmakers; not where you would normally want to be during playoffs.

My understanding is it's not quarter's, it's games. Regardless of when the ejection occurred the prior game,
Roger that. I wasn't sure. The Joppatowne coach reported that there was an option to play the second half when he spoke with our local media earlier this week.

Reactions: Tony54
Roger that. I wasn't sure. The Joppatowne coach reported that there was an option to play the second half when he spoke with our local media earlier this week.
I guess we will find out. Other thing to consider is his coach may be going of their county rules or something local. Being it's a state ran tournament I believe it is a one game mandatory suspension.

Reactions: Tony54
According the to MPSSAA...
An ejection in a regular season game is at the county discretion in terms of time suspended

An ejection in a state playoff game is a mandatory next one game suspension regardless of when the ejection occurred in the previous game.

In short, by MPSSAA rule the Joppatowne player in question cannot play against FH at any point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT