ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Fort Hill

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
Congratulations to Fort Hill. Anytime you can win 5 championships in 6 years you are doing something right. And 4 of the 5 Championship seasons were unbeaten. Great sportsmanship shown during both Douglass injuries today by Fort Hill. It's very easy to root for a rival when they play the game the right way. Good job Sentinels!!!

I was one who said that they could have easily gone 1-3 after the first four games, and that I was concerned that lack of maturity and attitudes may cost them another game throughout the year. Of course I also said that I felt that they were the best team in the area. I was right about being the best in the area but boy was I wrong about the rest.

My hat goes off to Todd, the rest of the coaching staff, and also the kids. The kids have shown they not only have a willingness to learn, but they have heart, lots of heart. Hopefully, if they want to continue playing, they will find a college where they fit into the program. At the least, they can apply the lessons and habits they learned to the rest of their lives. I've always said that these coaches know their X's and O's, but this year, this group was a little different, and the entire staff did a great job. Congrats and kudos to the Big Red!

This brings me back to the chest beaters from across the bridge that had a parade a few years ago when we lost the second game of the year. This coaching staff finds away to get better as the year goes by. That team wasn't the same team in the final game of that year. People can say what they want but these coaches are dramatically ahead of the competition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT