ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats FH football players on a great year and great run

OneRing

Blue Chip Poster
Jul 11, 2011
An 11-2 record and being part of a six-year run of state finals is something to be very proud of!

Some of you may think this is sarcasm, and others may not buy my coming explanation, but I am being completely sincere.

I have always separated the program from the players/coaches. I have never rooted for FH to win a game in my life. Not once. To be fair, I don't root for them to lose anymore either outside of homecoming. Do I completely respect and appreciate, and feel good for any player that has ever won a state title there? Hell flippin yeah I do. I played. I coached. I know what these players put into the football season and all they sacrifice. I know how much time coaches dedicate each year.

So I have always removed my top hat and bowed to the accomplishments of the FH players and coaches. To the program itself for 7 state titles, nope. To the players on those teams, and really on any team that busts its ass, always.

An 11-2 record and being part of a six-year run of state finals is something to be very proud of!

Some of you may think this is sarcasm, and others may not buy my coming explanation, but I am being completely sincere.

I have always separated the program from the players/coaches. I have never rooted for FH to win a game in my life. Not once. To be fair, I don't root for them to lose anymore either outside of homecoming. Do I completely respect and appreciate, and feel good for any player that has ever won a state title there? Hell flippin yeah I do. I played. I coached. I know what these players put into the football season and all they sacrifice. I know how much time coaches dedicate each year.

So I have always removed my top hat and bowed to the accomplishments of the FH players and coaches. To the program itself for 7 state titles, nope. To the players on those teams, and really on any team that busts its ass, always.
Holy shit honestly didn't think you had it in you. But vary well said

Yes keep your heads up. Not everyone can get 8 State Titles but it was a hell of a run..

Yes keep your heads up. Not everyone can get 8 State Titles but it was a hell of a run..

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not implying FH cannot win another title. There is next year and the year after that....games to be played and games to be won. No doubt FH can get back to Annapolis in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT