ADVERTISEMENT

Commercial Video dis-advantage?

BoyznBlue

Franchise Poster
Sep 18, 2007
Just curious how people think about this, and I may have brought this up last year. But does the whole game videos Commercial Video has online give the opponents of both city teams an advantage? I know sometimes coaches will exchange game tape before the game, but if they don't it seems this online video accessibility makes advance scouting much easier.

http://commercialvideoservices.com/webcasts.htm

Just curious how people think about this, and I may have brought this up last year. But does the whole game videos Commercial Video has online give the opponents of both city teams an advantage? I know sometimes coaches will exchange game tape before the game, but if they don't it seems this online video accessibility makes advance scouting much easier.

http://commercialvideoservices.com/webcasts.htm
My only input on this would be you would think so, however, there are still scouts at every fh game. Maybe they don't know it's all online?

My only input on this would be you would think so, however, there are still scouts at every fh game. Maybe they don't know it's all online?

That's kind of why I asked the question. I know Lackey was aware of it. I don't know about Dunbar.

Does anybody know if teams exchange game film? Helmick can probably answer the question for FH.

HUDL has revolutionized film exchange and eliminated the need for DVDs. It is common place for teams to exchange the previous two games but sometimes three. Everyone knows that not all game film is created equal and some teams have extremely poor angles (too tight/wide) and poor quality (camera).

Hudl is the format that teams use to share tape. Still teams do their own scouting as evidence the same guy that films all FH games for Alco. Although some teams have been known to take out some plays of their film they share with other teams. To answer the original question I'd say no.

HUDL has revolutionized film exchange and eliminated the need for DVDs. It is common place for teams to exchange the previous two games but sometimes three. Everyone knows that not all game film is created equal and some teams have extremely poor angles (too tight/wide) and poor quality (camera).
Do all teams record their games? I heard some teams refuse to share film.

I find it hard to believe that a coach worth his salt wouldn't record a game for at least personal use. With that said, there are those who will delay or ignore film exchange requests.

I think some counties or leagues require teams to share film with each other. What I heard, admittedly years ago, is that each team must share the most recent game film and one film from any other game the opposing team requests for a total of two.

Reactions: camper21502

Yes what this poster said.

Hudl is so easy that everybody has every opponent's film. I do love that they - even the young coaches - still call it film when there is no film used. It's all digital. LOL.

Examples: All Dunbar has to do is send a Hudl request to every team FH played and with one click they get it all. All FH has to do is send a Hudl request to every team Melbourne CC played and with one click they get it all. It's too easy. So to answer the question about Commercial Video as a source for someone playing Alco or FH, it is not relevant...they get better stuff on Hudl much easier. The Commercial Video stuff online is not a good scouting tool due to it's inability to pause and rewind when scouting the video.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Why do teams still scout if everything they need is on Hudl? Are teams required to upload their footage to Hudl?

Why do teams still scout if everything they need is on Hudl? Are teams required to upload their footage to Hudl?

Scouting is a matter of preference and seeing a team play in person provides info not provided on film... sideline organization, player demeanor, coach interaction (players/refs/coaches), coaches demeanor, among other things.

Coaches are not required to use Hudl, but the advantages provided by way of ease of exchange, opponent breakdown(reports), and statistically tracking make it a no brainer. It vcan also be used by other sports basketball, wrestling, lacrosse and a school package for all sports costs about $750-$1000 a year depending on number of sports.

Doesn't Hudl also have a feature that compiles stat-based scouting breakdowns of opponents film, tendencies, etc? I've heard Hudl is easily the number one tool that coaches use for all that stuff

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT