ADVERTISEMENT

College Tranfer Portal!!!!

ravemwp

All State Poster
Jul 29, 2022
Today I saw where WVU QB JT Daniels is entering the transfer portal for the 3rd time. Possibly going to his 4th power 5 school in 4 years without penalty, or sitting out. Not sure this was the intent of the NCAA when the portal was created. How do high school seniors commit to a program, not knowing the impact of the portal. Seems to be turning into a unneeded vicious cycle. I was under the impression that it was a one time deal.

Today I saw where WVU QB JT Daniels is entering the transfer portal for the 3rd time. Possibly going to his 4th power 5 school in 4 years without penalty, or sitting out. Not sure this was the intent of the NCAA when the portal was created. How do high school seniors commit to a program, not knowing the impact of the portal. Seems to be turning into a unneeded vicious cycle. I was under the impression that it was a one time deal.
Let the high school transfer portal begin. It already has.

There is no "WE" in SCHOLARSHIP.

Recruits are picking schools where they can make the most NIL money, play there 1 year and then transfer to the program that they wanted to play for from the start. This years alabama team is good representation of it. The whole offense is in the portal except for the guys that can be drafted.

Reactions: SS610
Honestly the portal has made high school recruiting much less relevant except for the very top level guys. No need to recruit a development guy when you can just pick up a guy from the portal that already has experience. Scholarship offers were hard enough to come by for local kids before the portal and NIL but even more so now if commitable offers are being made regardless of D2 or D3 or FCS you need to consider it because that spot will be gone with a transfer from XYZ University taking your spot

Reactions: 5punisher3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT