ADVERTISEMENT

Chestnut Ridge to drop FH?

Not a surprise. I've always respected Chestnut Ridge, they've played Allegany very well and gave Fort Hill their best game of the year during the 2013 state championship run. This year, however, they were way overmatched, and unless there's 27 Bo Bosch's coming up in the Chestnut Ridge pipeline there is no way they can compete with Fort Hill moving forward. Fort Hill is stacked for years, was beating Chestnut Ridge 63-0 at the half, and Chestnut Ridge literally looked like Northern Garrett's freshman team.

Not a surprise. I've always respected Chestnut Ridge, they've played Allegany very well and gave Fort Hill their best game of the year during the 2013 state championship run. This year, however, they were way overmatched, and unless there's 27 Bo Bosch's coming up in the Chestnut Ridge pipeline there is no way they can compete with Fort Hill moving forward. Fort Hill is stacked for years, was beating Chestnut Ridge 63-0 at the half, and Chestnut Ridge literally looked like Northern Garrett's freshman team.

Is it true that Capitol Christian only brought 12 players to the game last weekend?

They dressed 15. It was so bad that Todd started his scout team on defense and the starting O were out of the game before the end of the 1st quarter. Their program has taken a giant leap backwards from last year. Not that they were all that last year but things did look promising for them. I don't know if their new coaching staff will be able to turn things around for a while.

They dressed 15. It was so bad that Todd started his scout team on defense and the starting O were out of the game before the end of the 1st quarter. Their program has taken a giant leap backwards from last year. Not that they were all that last year but things did look promising for them. I don't know if their new coaching staff will be able to turn things around for a while.

But their kids played hard the whole game and kept their composure when things got out of hand early. A credit to their coach.

You're right, they could have packed things up and went home early but they didn't. I understand that the privates work more like the colleges as far as coaching changes and transfers go but this team was hijacked, plain and simple. Big time kudoos to the kids that stayed.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
couple of (not so?) interesting points heard on the radio about a few of their players

2 of them had house arrest ankle bracelets on (not judging, glad they made the trip. The game couldve been canceled) and their best play (#8) was at DeMatha last year

FH has several contracts that expire this season...some that were two year deals, others one year deals. That is how it's been on the Hill for a long time. Being an independent with no league to play in forces you to deal with short term contracts. I don't know why anyone would jump to any conclusions about future schedules. Nothing has been decided on and usually isn't until this season ends.

This week the FH frosh and JV teams go to South Hagerstown for a double header on Wednesday. Then the varsity game will be in Cumberland on Friday. The next week the FH frosh travel to Sherando on Wednesday and the varsity goes there on Friday. Not sure how others feel but I kind of like those set ups.

Last edited:
I agree, Todd. The best of the season is upon us, and talk of future schedules just don't fit. I was criticized several weeks ago about posting a Sherando score for looking ahead, as if the person complaining was Todd Appel himself... WTH is this? Let's enjoy this season, as they pass too quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT