ADVERTISEMENT

Can this team beat Dunbar?

Dunbar points scored= 423 / points given up= 28 with 6 shutouts
FH points scored= 430 / points given up= 70 with 3 shutouts

This should be a good one...
It’s crazy to think about the points scored totals. There’s now way I would have ever though FH would have a lead in that category. From playing a 9 game schedule and being held under 20 in 4 other games.

All moved into FH district. 20's dad was a FH guy and moved to Bedford Road. Timmy moved to FH district. Robinettes moved to FH district and went where they wanted to go is my understanding. They certainly didn't want to go Frankfort or FH. Lol

Kids venture from their respective community to go to the other school all the time. Allegany had at least two kids that either played for FH or lives in FH district this year. Allegany's great back of last year was in FH district. Nobody was whining about it last year. Nobody from FH whined about it at all. It is what it is. This whole boohooing about numbers of kids, athletes, etc is entertaining. FH always manages to make things work for them no matter what they have.

Casey Stengel was once complemented for managing one of the great Yankee teams of all time: in answering he said (in so many words), "It ain't hard making a lineup."

Along the same line, I think FH should simply be grateful for the abundance of talent that the shrinking city provides. Pointing out the dead rivalry due to numbers is not "boohooing," but simply putting words to the obvious spectacle that any non-blind person could see looking at the disparity in homecoming benches.

As the game progressed (not a good choice in words) we were also painfully aware that FH was not just suiting up volunteers for the event. As a 1A school, FH has realistically two starting 1A teams. Allegany can barely field one.

Reactions: bleedred
All moved into FH district. 20's dad was a FH guy and moved to Bedford Road. Timmy moved to FH district. Robinettes moved to FH district and went where they wanted to go is my understanding. They certainly didn't want to go Frankfort or FH. Lol

Isolated instances are not why Allegany finds itself near the collapse in football. I don't think I could have walked the halls of Alco this year and found up to 50 additional athletes capable of creating an entire freshman team and filling the varsity and JV benches with talent equal to FH.

Last edited:
Reactions: camper21502
To make passing a viable option for when they meet a team that can stop the run, e.g. Dunbar.
They should've mixed it up a lot more once they went up 24-0.
Unfortunately you and I are in vast minority here. If you truly believe because you didn't need it you shouldn't have worked on it then you should not have one thing to say when they get beat by Dunbar because they needed it and hadn't worked on it.

Yes. This team can beat Dunbar. FH has 6 or 7 kids that can cover WRs and 4 or 5 that can get after the QB.

We’ll ground and pound until we have to pass. As long as we don’t run any play action pass, we can probably protect long enough to get the ball off.

I agree. The issue comes from within and has nothing to do with FH.

Neither school is to blame for the shrinking population and neither school is to blame that there are more FH grads still living in Cumberland with school age children. Neither school is to blame that FH has most of the football talent; yet both schools are 1A. It simply is.

Yes. This team can beat Dunbar. FH has 6 or 7 kids that can cover WRs and 4 or 5 that can get after the QB.

We’ll ground and pound until we have to pass. As long as we don’t run any play action pass, we can probably protect long enough to get the ball off.

It was 14 to 6 near the end of the first quarter against Allegany. So, maybe Dunbar was off to a slow start or they are not as efficient as last year. But sure, get to their quarterback and that should settle that.

Neither school is to blame for the shrinking population and neither school is to blame that there are more FH grads still living in Cumberland with school age children. Neither school is to blame that FH has most of the football talent; yet both schools are 1A. It simply is.

What information do you have “that there are more FH grads still living in Cumberland with school age children”? Is this something you just made up, an assumption, or based on actual data?

Reactions: 52 to victory
probably based on that Allegany Grads are smarter, therefore become millionaires and move to bigger cities. Haha just joking

probably based on that Allegany Grads are smarter, therefore become millionaires and move to bigger cities. Haha just joking

Ha ha! So funny!

I really knew it would only be a matter of time before such an assumption was made, even as a joke.

Now, if you really want to make such a statement, I will easily counter it.

I will be waiting for Lags to support his statement.

What information do you have “that there are more FH grads still living in Cumberland with school age children”? Is this something you just made up, an assumption, or based on actual data?

My recollection from a FH forum poster sometime back.... perhaps a more accurate recall is that there are more FH grads who played football still living in Cumberland with children who are playing football. But you don't have to be a nasty shit about it.

My recollection from a FH forum poster sometime back.... perhaps a more accurate recall is that there are more FH grads who played football still living in Cumberland with children who are playing football. But you don't have to be a nasty shit about it.

Not at all being nasty about it. You just can’t throw BS out there without any support.

One can look at the rosters of AHS and FH to see there are names on the rosters that have been on said rosters in years past. There are also names on both rosters that are new.

I’m just calling you out for making such an assumption - nothing more and nothing less.

Without checking.... doesn't Dunbar kind of play a dinky schedule?
Really? Fort hill played 2 of the worst teams in Baltimore and silver oak off the top of my head. Fort hill made their schedule to give this team confidence. Dunbar plays much bigger schools. Potomac, mervo, edmondson to name a few schools that made playoffs.

Have you seen Dunbar? Just asking

Not at all being nasty about it. You just can’t throw BS out there without any support.

One can look at the rosters of AHS and FH to see there are names on the rosters that have been on said rosters in years past. There are also names on both rosters that are new.

I’m just calling you out for making such an assumption - nothing more and nothing less.

For Christ's sake, look at all the damn red-jackets in the stands and tell me they aren't FH freakin' grads!!!!! So, the statement doesn't qualify as bullshit when you see the number of kids lining up to play FH football - extended family, tradition and all that. Didn't pull it out of my ass. I read it here, can't say exactly when, but I certainly would not have posted it otherwise.

Really? Fort hill played 2 of the worst teams in Baltimore and silver oak off the top of my head. Fort hill made their schedule to give this team confidence. Dunbar plays much bigger schools. Potomac, mervo, edmondson to name a few schools that made playoffs.

I agree that FH didn't play a challenging schedule. Wasn't sure about Dunbar, so I ask.

What in the world are you rambling about? Baltimore City public school football is hideous outside of Dunbar and maybe one other team every year.

For god sake's 8-3 Reginald Lewis won today and will play Dunbar for the regional championship again. And just like Edmondson with their 9 wins Dunbar will crush Lewis with a running clock while sleep walking just like FH did week 2.

to be fair, neither Dunbar or FH played anyone this year that had more or equal talent.

It was 14 to 6 near the end of the first quarter against Allegany. So, maybe Dunbar was off to a slow start or they are not as efficient as last year. But sure, get to their quarterback and that should settle that.
Wingate got lucky and broke one for a big score.. After watching this Alco team stink it up this yr. I doubt they would've scored again against Dunbar.

Even with their so called down yr. we all had them finishing #1 in the Area. I think most of us had them going 9-1 or at worst 8-2 so I guess they did overachieve somewhat.

I had them going undefeated before the season

It took several outstanding individual efforts for Dunbar to win last year. With this year's FH defense and its ability to score via field goal from 50 yards out.... yes, FH absolutely stands a chance to win over Dunbar.

Reactions: MCsoccerplex
Wingate got lucky and broke one for a big score.. After watching this Alco team stink it up this yr. I doubt they would've scored again against Dunbar.

With players who want to play offense and apparently not defense - along with a general inability to play a full game with enthusiasm - this year's team, by historic Alco standards, stunk. I mean... like... it really smelled bad.

Yet too, these young men must also look around and see the lack of blue jerseys. We were all young once (well, most of us were). This is when the 'weight of the world' and the 'why me' kicks in. The curse of 'whoa-is-me-ness' sets in and rather than potentially lose a close game they get blown out. That is the difference between an over-matched team and a bad team.

I seen alco fans in the DG after the Keyser game...lol.. the looks on their faces told me all I needed to know about this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT