ADVERTISEMENT

Can this team beat Dunbar?

It certainly appears they have a better shot than it did three weeks ago.

Proof is in the pudding. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Passing helps.

261-22 since week 5 win over Southern, 16-9. And I don’t think the starters gave up a single point since then.

Pretty good for a team, that many thought 5-5 or 6-4 was possible in August after the Queen City Classic.

Reactions: redtheperson
To be honest catoctin.. grace I can't see a game there..Douglas? Meh.. but Dunbar I can't wait... but the right answer is on to catoctin...

If FH was going to have a down year, it would have been this year, but they are a 1A school with around 50 players lol

You just beat me to my point. Is it safe to say that, short of Dunbar, no other school in 1A has the number of actual football athletes than does FH. What other school in 1A has a middle school 'farm system' like FH where and entire town steers their kids to the football school?

On the positive side, it allows WMD to compete with whatever they throw at us downstate. This year's game is shaping up to be a real rematch of last year.

If FH was going to have a down year, it would have been this year, but they are a 1A school with around 50 players lol
Even with their so called down yr. we all had them finishing #1 in the Area. I think most of us had them going 9-1 or at worst 8-2 so I guess they did overachieve somewhat.

FH had 43 players on the roster to start the season, then added 3 sophomores to make 46
Wow they are way off then.. I would imagine every team has less players than what they have listed. They have Southern listed at 59 players. Does anyone know how many kids was on Southerns roster last night?

Wow they are way off then.. I would imagine every team has less players than what they have listed. They have Southern listed at 59 players. Does anyone know how many kids was on Southerns roster last night?
I'd say around the 35-40 mark

Proof is in the pudding. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Passing helps.
how many passes were attempted and completed last night? Was it 6 for 6 for over a 100 yards like last week?

Im confused, How did they overachieve? Before the season started everyone on here predicted them to finish #1
I think the overachievment that everyone is talking about comes from how they've handled the "most competitive 1A west in years" as some were calling it. They pounded ridge 56-0 and just got a 50 point win over Southern. Nobody was expecting this amount of dominance, that's the overachievment

Everyone expected FH to beat Ridge and Southern but your right nobody expected them to completely destroy both teams like they have in the past...

Dunbar has less players, less students, less facilities, less support. Dunbar is a seventh 1A team, nothing too special about them. They shouldn't be able to compete with what FH has

And yet, FH and Alco have not defeated Dunbar in the new millennium. Always competitive, but haven’t gotten over the hump just yet.

I would venture that FH and Dunbar have 2 deep talent on the bench along with the starters and that no other 1A teams have that. You can see what happens when FH runs the second team in with no appreciable drop in talent.... in fact, FH has a quality 3rd level of talent.

Reactions: camper21502
Dunbar has less players, less students, less facilities, less support. Dunbar is a seventh 1A team, nothing too special about them. They shouldn't be able to compete with what FH has

Dunbar has a remodeled school of not too long ago. Granted, I am not sure what the football facilities are. Still, they are a draw for the area down there, though not exactly SFA.

Why bother throwing the ball, just to throw it, when the run game is producing as well as it was last night?
To make passing a viable option for when they meet a team that can stop the run, e.g. Dunbar.
They should've mixed it up a lot more once they went up 24-0.

C'mon man. Don't start with that. By your own measure, Dunbar is, at the very least, a magnet school like FH. However, Dunbar has a much bigger pool of about..what..one million? FH is a true 1A school; Dunbar isn't.

Dunbar points scored= 423 / points given up= 28 with 6 shutouts
FH points scored= 430 / points given up= 70 with 3 shutouts

This should be a good one...

Last edited:
C'mon man. Don't start with that. By your own measure, Dunbar is, at the very least, a magnet school like FH. However, Dunbar has a much bigger pool of about..what..one million? FH is a true 1A school; Dunbar isn't.

This is actually more of an interesting area of discourse than it used to be: as Cumberland shrinks, the more future-driven football players gravitate to FH and it gives them more talent than mere random numbers would give any 'true' 1A school. On the other hand, Dunbar loses sports transfers because it completes with quite a few high profile sports schools.

Dunbar points scored - 423, points given up - 28 with 6 shutouts
FH points scored - 430, points given up - 70 with 3 shutouts

This should be a good one...

Without checking.... doesn't Dunbar kind of play a dinky schedule?

Kids venture from their respective community to go to the other school all the time. Allegany had at least two kids that either played for FH or lives in FH district this year. Allegany's great back of last year was in FH district. Nobody was whining about it last year. Nobody from FH whined about it at all. It is what it is. This whole boohooing about numbers of kids, athletes, etc is entertaining. FH always manages to make things work for them no matter what they have.

Reactions: 52 to victory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT