ADVERTISEMENT

Bridgeport

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Bridgeport beat Cabell Midland 41-21. Big win Bridgeport is an 8 seed, Cabell Midland was a 1 seed

Cabell has the states best player in RB Curtis Jones(WVU commit) and two other legit FBS kids, as well as a couple recruits from other schools(including a kid who started at QB in the AAA title game last season). But this result does not surprise me. Bridgeport is one of the best coached teams in the region. Their kids play with a real attitude. And midland just has no idea how to stop that Single Wing attack(3 straight blowout losses to a school with less than half the enrollment.)

Bridgeport will almost certainly be playing for a state championship. Unfortunately for them, I think they will be outmatched against either Huntington or Martinsburg. Midland got the better of Huntington in the regular season, but I think that was a little fluky. I give them a punchers chance against the highlanders. But hard to see what would make this year different in a potential matchup with martinsburg. The last two seasons Bridgeport has done an admirable job slowing the bulldogs down, but they’ve only mustered 3 points in 8 quarters.

In other scores...

Calvin Coolidge won their 7th game in a row after opening with 4 straight losses to powerhouse programs. Coolidge will play Maret for the DCSAA Championship this Friday.

Briar Woods beat Riverbend in their first playoff match. Will travel to play Stone Bridge this week, who beat Briar Woods Oct 27 by a score of 29-12.

This Bridgeport game is insane. Score is currently Princeton 73-Bridgeport 63. Princeton just fumbled with 2 minutes left. Princeton has to be pushing 700 yards of offense. They are scoring so fast they cannot run clock. Too many athletes for them to cover. Princeton has stopped Bridgeport twice all game, including a 99 yard scoop and score. An embarrassing display of defense all around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT