ADVERTISEMENT

Briar Woods

You can tell they don’t want to tackle Jabrill. They’re hitting him high and just bouncing off.

So does anybody think that Briar Woods may have taken Fort hill little lightly? I’ll bet you we will see some adjustments at the half.

Reactions: 4R341
So does anybody think that Briar Woods may have taken Fort hill little lightly? I’ll bet you we will see some adjustments at the half.
I don’t know what adjustments can be made. BW opened the game in a 5-4 to take away the full back so FH ran sweeps with success. BW adjusted and basically had 7 down linemen to stop the sweeps so FH ran trap after trap and BW played some ole defense trying to tackle jabril

Btw as bad as WTBO is, NFHS is just as bad. The camera has a smudge on it and half the whole field is almost impossible to see. I decided to subscribe and yeah, it's bad. Shouldn't be that crappy when it's a pay service.

7thlnn.png
Last year when FH played at Oakdale, they couldn’t even get to streaming going, and I had paid for that service, and I said never again after that

Reactions: 4R341 and Tony54
Btw as bad as WTBO is, NFHS is just as bad. The camera has a smudge on it and half the whole field is almost impossible to see. I decided to subscribe and yeah, it's bad. Shouldn't be that crappy when it's a pay service.

7thlnn.png
It's unbelievable that NFHS Network is able to get people (people like me!) to pay for a product with absolutely no assurance of even a minimum standard of quality. Briar Woods broadcast is probably in the top 20% since at least the time and score graphic work.

Half the time there is no time/score, no audible PA, and the motion-sensing camera gets distracted by the cheerleaders or a guy carrying some hot dogs back from the concessions and misses actual game action.

Reactions: 4R341 and Tony54
Job well done! Now get any starters out that are limping or hobbled or knicked up because you are going to need them next week!!!!!
Even the FH announcer who doesn't know football said this!
Having #3 in there is just stupid.

Last edited:
Yeah if that smudge wasn't there, it really wouldn't be too bad. But you're right, when you charge for a service you gotta have some assurance that it's of some standard. I won't renew after this next 30 days.

Reactions: Tony54
Yeah if that smudge wasn't there, it really wouldn't be too bad. But you're right, when you charge for a service you gotta have some assurance that it's of some standard. I won't renew after this next 30 days.
It is very irritating. But, I don't have cable, so it's the only way I can watch state championships or I would, too.

It is very irritating. But, I don't have cable, so it's the only way I can watch state championships or I would, too.
I do give NFHS credit for their state title broadcasts. They really show you how good broadcasts can be if there are commentators and people actually controlling the cameras. My biggest complaint has always been that schools could have grade A broadcasts if they wanted. Schools could offer announcing and sports casting as extra classes and let the classmates broadcast the games.

I do give NFHS credit for their state title broadcasts. They really show you how good broadcasts can be if there are commentators and people actually controlling the cameras. My biggest complaint has always been that schools could have grade A broadcasts if they wanted. Schools could offer announcing and sports casting as extra classes and let the classmates broadcast the games.
I think some of the private schools in the Baltimore area does that. Works out pretty well, and they get school credits.

Reactions: 3rd and goals
I remember Gilman used to do that. (They may still do) The kids who did the broadcasts were very knowledgeable.
As a matter of fact it was Gilman a few weeks ago, I watched Gilman and Lawrenceville Prep. Tavin Willis and Uma were playing for Lawrenceville. At one time I believe Calvert Hall did it as well.

7thlnn.png
That was very frustrating, considering the other side of the field looked really nice.

Driving by Briar Woods while heading home after work yesterday (around 5), and their players were on the field in full gear.

Is this normal on a Saturday after a game?

Could have been their JV. The FH JV has pregame practice on Saturday before a Monday game.

Reactions: Argox66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT